India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokoman

Country flag
Kaka , what if defence forces are unprepared ?
Kabhi udhar bhi to socho.
i this is part of truth

Is desh ka kuch na hosakta hai bhai , kuch na.
Better dismantle the military.
What is stopping them to remove fucking tents ?
Ek kaam karo na , MNS walon ko bhejo udhar , raaj thackrey and his men will do a better job.
i dont think situation is so bad.

for those interested i think this is place

i think that saurav ja guy is right , they will make move in AP , then we can all start whining

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I finally got time to post this.

You can say that these are two promotional videos, but this video roughly describes the offensive mode of a heavy synthetic brigade. First of all, tanks cannot be used on the plateau, but they need special reinforcement.
For example, the Type 15 tank has 1500 horsepower on the plain, but after using two-stage turbocharging, it can still maintain 1000 horsepower at a height of 5000m.
In fact, this requires a tank industry that is not particularly powerful but independent and complete. China happens to have it.
And what is the combat model of the Indian Mountain Division?
The T72 that has not been upgraded, the engine power attenuation is severe under plateau conditions, and the life of the tank will be quickly reduced when used in this way.
Most of the Indian mountain divisions are light infantry, and related artillery and mechanized vehicles are severely lacking. They can only rely on fortifications for defense.
This is China’s light infantry force. It relies on Dongfeng high-performance protective off-road vehicles and truck guns developed on this platform. The HQ10 heavy anti-tank missile can quickly maneuver and consume less logistics. Imagine if this force appeared in you. What's the scene behind the front?
First of all, can you provide the source of your "two-stage turbocharging, it can still maintain 1000 horsepower" claim? I cannot find it anywhere.

Second, yes, T-72/T-90s are MBTs, whereas Type-15 is specially made for high-altitude operations. However, funny thing is, when last year our tanks climbed the Karakoram range at Rezang La pass, China countered them with not Type-15, but with older Type-88s and newer Type-96s MBTs.

Do you know the reason? In theory, Type-15 is an excellent tank, hero of Tibet. In reality, it is a tin-can that will be punched-clean if hit with anything bigger than a rifle round.

Each platoon of Indian army regular infantry carries a Carl Gustav Recoiless Rifle. It can wreak havoc on Type-15s weak armor

The combat model of Indian mountain warfare is a mix of infantry and light artillery. From our experience in mountain warfare, we have concluded that light artillery (troops prefer lighter 105mm Indian Field Gun) is better than 130mm or even 155mm heavy artillery, because of its mobility as troops can dismantle and carry it with them.

105mm IFG hugging the slopes of the mountain in Kargil.

Assisting the infantry will be heavy artillery, air operations / close-air support, and cruise missiles (BrahMos) modified to strike targets deep into mountain valleys.

Most of the Indian mountain divisions are light infantry, and related artillery and mechanized vehicles are severely lacking. They can only rely on fortifications for defense.
Why would we need mechanized vehicles in mountains? I mean, how would you even bring a mechanized vehicle atop mountains?
Tibet and Southern Ladakh (even a few small sections like flat valleys) only are actually suitable for any kind of armor/mechanized movement. The rest of the Himalayas are not that forgiving regarding terrain.

And regarding lack of armor/artillery, where did you get it? All-mountain divisions have at least one light artillery brigade attached, and other artillery units are always mixed together.

This is China’s light infantry force. It relies on Dongfeng high-performance protective off-road vehicles and truck guns developed on this platform. The HQ10 heavy anti-tank missile can quickly maneuver and consume less logistics. Imagine if this force appeared in you. What's the scene behind the front?
And where do you exactly plan to deploy these forces? Aren't you (as well as your armed forces) a bit out of touch with reality?

The only terrain suitable for off-road vehicles (or any type of vehicle) is a bit of South Ladakh, and maybe a bit of Arunachal Pradesh in Tawang (at the Indo-Tibetian border).

Your truck-mounted gun/AGTM/MBRLs/MANPADS, everything is useless in deep valleys and long peaks.

Kumata

Country flag
I finally got time to post this.

First of all, can you provide the source of your "two-stage turbocharging, it can still maintain 1000 horsepower" claim? I cannot find it anywhere.

Second, yes, T-72/T-90s are MBTs, whereas Type-15 is specially made for high-altitude operations. However, funny thing is, when last year our tanks climbed the Karakoram range at Rezang La pass, China countered them with not Type-15, but with older Type-88s and newer Type-96s MBTs.

Do you know the reason? In theory, Type-15 is an excellent tank, hero of Tibet. In reality, it is a tin-can that will be punched-clean if hit with anything bigger than a rifle round.

Each platoon of Indian army regular infantry carries a Carl Gustav Recoiless Rifle. It can wreak havoc on Type-15s weak armor

The combat model of Indian mountain warfare is a mix of infantry and light artillery. From our experience in mountain warfare, we have concluded that light artillery (troops prefer lighter 105mm Indian Field Gun) is better than 130mm or even 155mm heavy artillery, because of its mobility as troops can dismantle and carry it with them.

105mm IFG hugging the slopes of the mountain in Kargil.

Assisting the infantry will be heavy artillery, air operations / close-air support, and cruise missiles (BrahMos) modified to strike targets deep into mountain valleys.

Why would we need mechanized vehicles in mountains? I mean, how would you even bring a mechanized vehicle atop mountains?
Tibet and Southern Ladakh (even a few small sections like flat valleys) only are actually suitable for any kind of armor/mechanized movement. The rest of the Himalayas are not that forgiving regarding terrain.

And regarding lack of armor/artillery, where did you get it? All-mountain divisions have at least one light artillery brigade attached, and other artillery units are always mixed together.

And where do you exactly plan to deploy these forces? Aren't you (as well as your armed forces) a bit out of touch with reality?

The only terrain suitable for off-road vehicles (or any type of vehicle) is a bit of South Ladakh, and maybe a bit of Arunachal Pradesh in Tawang (at the Indo-Tibetian border).

Your truck-mounted gun/AGTM/MBRLs/MANPADS, everything is useless in deep valleys and long peaks.
U r wasting your time on a chinka Nibba...

Meanwhile it seems that logistics are going Up ... Saw a Hercules fly right over my head from adampur airbase ....

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
If I remember correctly, India’s 105mm artillery is the British L7 howitzer in the 1950s. The main equipment of the Indian Mountain Division’s artillery regiment (in fact, not as good as the D30) is far behind. The more advanced FN77 is also the last century. From the 1980s, there are 30 M777s. This is relatively advanced, but it is still a towed artillery, and it is 39 times the caliber. I remember that India has bought less than 100 K9s. This is considered relatively advanced and can provide a certain amount of In the past, the Indian armored division only had towed artillery.
Okay, what is advanced? Just because the equipment is made recently, automatically makes it "advanced"?

Let's take some examples.
1627326377172.png

This is M2 Browning HMG, whose design is unchanged since WW1. Pretty obsolete piece of equipment, eh? Yet more than half of world military use it today.

1627326479619.png

Carl-Gustav RCL, my favourite type of infantry weapon in Indian arsenal. It was designed just after WW2 (1948). Must be an obsolete equipment right? But now US military and special forces are placing order for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artillery is a relatively simple piece of equipment. 105mm IFG went numerous improvements in Indian arsenal, and its metallury has also been improved to increase its barrel-life and make it lighter. It is hardly obsolete.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Very much spot on, question is when our PM will wake up and react to the looming threat

Ya.. Saurav Bhaiya.. everything is foreign hand.. as if those north eastern states, need an excuse to get at each others' throats.. Every state in North East has disputes with a neighboring state.. Nagas even want part of Mynamar.. Don't know which moron decided to name north Eastern states as seven sisters , and both states are ruled by NDA..🙄
Kids behave atleast for a sometime after their Father gives them an earful.. Amit Shah had just been to North East and here they are.. Shah needs to buckle up..

Last edited:

Gandaberunda

Country flag
China knows their Aircrafts and airbases are useless in Ladhak and over Himalayas supply lines are far fetched, only way they can put up a fight is through missiles barrages and they are building silos in numbers preparing counter for us... interesting will they fire those during skirmishes happening at LAC as both side have no apetite for full blown war to use missile at each other

mandestiny

Country flag
Is desh ka kuch na hosakta hai bhai , kuch na.
Better dismantle the military.
What is stopping them to remove fucking tents ?
Ek kaam karo na , MNS walon ko bhejo udhar , raaj thackrey and his men will do a better job.
Just said to locals , they will do.

Now i have no more faith on govt. All govt are same , if comes to sovereignty of India.

All govt are cowards. I really feel sad, wat army feels that they need to vacate which they acquire.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
China knows their Aircrafts and airbases are useless in Ladhak and over Himalayas supply lines are far fetched, only way they can put up a fight is through missiles barrages and they are building silos in numbers preparing counter for us... interesting will they fire those during skirmishes happening at LAC as both side have no apetite for full blown war to use missile at each other
As per one study, they have to keep firing the missiles consistently to keep Indian air strips useless. They will consume a huge inventory of Cruise missiles if they will have to keep it unused. A huge consumption of Cruise missile will be required which shall be unaffordable. We need to hit china very bad on its back side in Himalayas. They are not in a position to do anything. Their 5 ft soldiers can not fight in Himalays with Oxygen cylinders on back.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Their India specific SRBMS and MRBMs are mobile.. The silos are for nuclear ICBMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles