India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
That is interesting.. it means alternative commercial fabs need to be setup either in US or some other safer destination out of reach from CCP (with Taiwan gone). Thats what most likely US tech giants/industry will likely do.. $50B already approved investment wont cut it IMO.
This might be good for us. Potentially we could lure the semi conductor manufacturing here as there is no way US law will allow its ip to be based in a Taiwan absorbed into China. At some point, the US will have to decide: if shifting semi conductor manufacturing to other locations is the safest thing to do? The risks are enormous for the US today.
1. There is a constituency in Taiwan (bribed or because they are the same people) that favors integration with China.
2. Semiconductor manufacturing secrets stolen from Taiwan into China is a given. I mean it would be very easy for Chinese spies to do so.

The US would have to move the semi conductor manufacturing to other countries yesterday and setup financial incentives to do so. They would not have supported Taiwan becoming part of China without a plan to get their most valuable IP off the island. India needs to get active and do everything possible to grab this business.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
popular mechanics promotes China a lot for years.
The CCP has set aside about $100-200 million per year to pay US media, magazines, Hollywood etc to project China’s soft power. A lot of the sci-fi movies that were released recently were produced with CCP funds - so you can see how Chinese and Americans are working together as peers to advance humanity kind of nonsense in these movies. Don’t underestimate the influence of subtle brainwashing on weaker minds.

cannonfodder

Country flag
This might be good for us. Potentially we could lure the semi conductor manufacturing here as there is no way US law will allow its ip to be based in a Taiwan absorbed into China. At some point, the US will have to decide: if shifting semi conductor manufacturing to other locations is the safest thing to do? The risks are enormous for the US today.
1. There is a constituency in Taiwan (bribed or because they are the same people) that favors integration with China.
2. Semiconductor manufacturing secrets stolen from Taiwan into China is a given. I mean it would be very easy for Chinese spies to do so.

The US would have to move the semi conductor manufacturing to other countries yesterday and setup financial incentives to do so. They would not have supported Taiwan becoming part of China without a plan to get their most valuable IP off the island. India needs to get active and do everything possible to grab this business.
I would think with chip shortage till 2022 would be have been good to start some investment now.

From appliances to gpus to auto chips everything is in shortage at the moment. It would be better if private player are encouraged and incentivized to set up plants.

scatterStorm

Country flag
My opinion only:

DRDO SAAW can be utilised for SEAD missions.

DRDO is also been working on integrating UAVs with the Pinaka rockets, so UAV launched Pinaka rockets is also a possibility for DEAD missions.

Whats your say?
The range is the issue. Stand off ranges are low since we do not have aircraft like F22 to penetrate there air defences, the max saw can achieve is 100Km.

I am thinking of the anti-radar missiles, this must be used.

scatterStorm

Country flag
The CCP has set aside about $100-200 million per year to pay US media, magazines, Hollywood etc to project China’s soft power. A lot of the sci-fi movies that were released recently were produced with CCP funds - so you can see how Chinese and Americans are working together as peers to advance humanity kind of nonsense in these movies. Don’t underestimate the influence of subtle brainwashing on weaker minds.
Agreed, the new Netflix movie on Resident Evil has a plot centred around China. It was showcased and depicted that US spec ops soldiers are infected with T-virus and all that is because of US dark secret agenda. The moment I saw this, I knew CAPCOM is sold to China.

scatterStorm

Country flag
China is building its own Area 51

Something big is happening at a mysterious airfield in the desert.

View attachment 99027

They have one of the largest desserts in the world, the Gobi dessert. Gotta put some use to Cheap R&D over stolen tech. I bet the Tejas clip was secretly made here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles