India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Official position of USA on Taiwan: we don't want an independent taiwan

Maybe the US thinks that Taiwan will take over China and is the best bet to introduce “democracy” in China. At the end of the day, the US would have won the war if Taiwanese end up dominating the political discourse of China and end up taking over the PRC.
the other thing is I am not satisfied that Taiwanese really want independence. I don’t trust them. On the one hand they say they hate China but on the other hand their investments in China is growing in double digits. Taiwanese ruled out even experimenting moving parts of the semiconductor supply chain to India. They have not invested much in India, not promoted people to people contacts, etc.
Contrast this with Japan who have strategically aligned with us and are trying whatever they can to strengthen us.
I think in both HK and Taiwan there is a considerable section of greedy Hans that prefer the CCP way of doing things - most likely because these people have been paid off in millions by the CCP.
And finally I don’t trust the US to be actually against China. The US is dominated by the billionaire community, and the billionaires love stability and not conflict. So, other than making money from defense deals to China’s neighbors the US will never confront China.

I think india and Japan together can be the only real bulwark against China. Quad and other countries are all confused and controlled by special interests that their chances of confronting China are next to nil.

HitmanBlood

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
In other words if China invades Taiwan that would not be an invasion but rather an internal law inforcement activity by China.
saw bits and pieces of this “Interview” yesterday, the moment kurt Campbell started praising Kevin Rudd stopped watching. More clarity now that Biden policy on China is a gonna be same as Obama’s, they are gonna give a free pass to CCP with some public posturing. Kevin Rudd is the one who pulled australia out of Quad last time, and Asia society is his think tank which focuses on connecting China to the west.

mokoman

Country flag
In other words if China invades Taiwan that would not be an invasion but rather an internal law inforcement activity by China.
:hmm: there is no change here , this was always the case , "one china" was always US position , same reason why there is no official relations between US and Taiwan.

same thing we are doing too , heard analysts on weibo being happy that India is upholding "one china" principle.

issue is what happens when china tries to invade Taiwan or take over south china sea , US has made it clear it will step in militarily in that case.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dhoklam infra is worrying part otherwise East seems no issue? Am I right? What about ladhak part?
Ladakh and some areas of Arunachal were areas where India was vulnerable.. Thanks to China's gan*masti India has strengthened infrastructure and deployment, with some elements of offense in Ladakh.. So, ladakh is pretty secure..
We are strong in the central and sikkim sectors. Arunachal still has some areas where infrastructure is lacking.. Need to concentrate there..

omaebakabaka

Maybe the US thinks that Taiwan will take over China and is the best bet to introduce “democracy” in China. At the end of the day, the US would have won the war if Taiwanese end up dominating the political discourse of China and end up taking over the PRC.
the other thing is I am not satisfied that Taiwanese really want independence. I don’t trust them. On the one hand they say they hate China but on the other hand their investments in China is growing in double digits. Taiwanese ruled out even experimenting moving parts of the semiconductor supply chain to India. They have not invested much in India, not promoted people to people contacts, etc.
Contrast this with Japan who have strategically aligned with us and are trying whatever they can to strengthen us.
I think in both HK and Taiwan there is a considerable section of greedy Hans that prefer the CCP way of doing things - most likely because these people have been paid off in millions by the CCP.
And finally I don’t trust the US to be actually against China. The US is dominated by the billionaire community, and the billionaires love stability and not conflict. So, other than making money from defense deals to China’s neighbors the US will never confront China.

I think india and Japan together can be the only real bulwark against China. Quad and other countries are all confused and controlled by special interests that their chances of confronting China are next to nil.
Taiwan is very split, the numbers swing in China's direction as it is becoming powerful economically but most Taiwanese and HonkKongers just do not like mainland Chinese....In the end they are people of same origin and would act same given a chance. They do like Japanese for some reason....counter intuitive. Yes, India and Japan are the only two countries that have inherent risk from this unrelentless country that just want to grab everyones land and also posses ability to check Chinese.

Suhaldev

Country flag

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
With pressures mounting on the northern frontier, India knows it cannot afford escalating tensions to its west, says Shashi Tharoor.

Shashi Tharoor doing analysis on pressure at northern frontiers wasn’t able to handle pressure of his rebellious wife.

Last edited:

FalconZero

Country flag
Slightly OT, I got it initially from /k/ but later got further confirmation that taliban has taken control of Wakhan district of Badakhshan region of Afghanistan.
6a919eb3c5347d03811482fa8700c3ca.jpg

Source : https://www.24newshd.tv/06-Jul-2021/only-four-taliban-conquer-afghan-district

This region is interesting considering that it lies on the tri-junction of afghanistan-china and pok. I think last year or so, i read that pakis wanted this to happen to get easier access to tajikstan and then maybe central asia.

I wonder how things will unfold for China with taliban almost taking over all of Afghanistan and if we go by the news of Wakhan, it took only 4 taliban guys which means that they have widespread support at the grassroot level in Afghanistan.

I know we are moving OT but at this point the effect of US's departure from the region is going to have serious impact, i honestly still don't get about who is controlling taliban and how will relations between various countries in the region unfold.
Putin has already shown concerns, china has said that they will be investing 60 billion USD in Afghanistan region which is another interesting point, USA clearly not going to let it happen, they can't let China-to connect through Afghanistan to Iran and maybe russian interference.

ebinafghangif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles