India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Every aerospace industry is in a constant learning curve. At no point can one reach the pinnacle of development their is always new tech and improvements to be made.

The reason they brought the su-35 to gain information on the 117S engine and experience with a super maneuverable thrust vectoring aircraft which they eventually wish to apply in j-16 and j-20.

You cannot compare tejas and AMCA to their chinese counterparts because both j-11 and j-20 are already inducted in good numbers with ongoing serial production while tejas in our case has only recently begun proper production.
Come on dude Chinese had developed vectoring nozzle even before the purchase of su35. Al 41(4 stage fan, 9 stage compressor) is backward in front of Western engines(3stage fan, 6stage compressor) of similar class. If Chinese wants to reverse engineer such engine even after developing ws 10 which is based on western CFM 56 it shows that how backward they are.

scatterStorm

Country flag
I know but it will still take a day. Your frontline assets will remain under lock and key. There is nothing stopping the enemy from bombing you while you are repairing it.
Then don't let them bomb you. Maintaining situational awareness and air superiority is crucial over North Eastern critical areas. PLAF strategy will be offensive, they are producing J20s, PL16 and SU30MKK variant like bread fresh out of the oven.

Knowitall

Come on dude Chinese had developed vectoring nozzle even before the purchase of su35. Al 41(4 stage fan, 9 stage compressor) is backward in front of Western engines(3stage fan, 6stage compressor) of similar class. If Chinese wants to reverse engineering such engine even after developing ws 10 which is based on western CFM 56 it shows that how backward they are.
You got my answer wrong.

Su-35 is the most maneuverable aircraft in Chinese inventory and they want to apply that knowledge on j-20 which currently does not have any thrust vectoring.

Of course they are behind western countries in engine tech no where have I implied otherwise I am merely pointing towards the reasons they brought su-35 in the first place.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Obviously we can't do a hard kill, but a small yield nuclear tactical weapon probably in few numbers would level that area.

dont have facebook , but i found the video from title on youtube

:dude: pft you idiots have been mocking glorious PLA , but look at that video

their pilots can press a button on a Chinese J-10 and a missile fires from an indian tejas.

thats atleast 15 generations ahead of anything US or Russians have.
Somebody give this man a DFI award.

scatterStorm

Country flag
In fact, since the founding of India in 1948, India’s international environment is much better than China’s. For example, mig21, the Soviet Union has 10,000 mistakes in our design drawings. Su27, Russia only gives us final assembly drawings, and wants to turn China into A country like India that can only assemble airplanes. After 1989, China’s chances of acquiring technology from the West have become minimal. The Chinese rely on their perseverance and talent to build the current Chinese army. India can get Britain, the United States, and the Soviet Union. , France, advanced technology, but today 70% of India’s military equipment depends on imports.
I disagree with your latter statements.

1. Chinese engineers re-engineered soviet era technologies to amass their PLAF fleet today.
2. Chinese engineers re-engineered US Mark 48 ADAP torpedo technology which was found by fishermen boats which the Chinese call the Yu-5 which was later upgraded to Yu-6.
3. Chine engineers re-engineered bombers from a Tupolev Tu-16 Badger.

There are countless examples, but if you want to dig down, take the 1980s Chinese-Soviet dismemberment. Certain key military technologies were stolen by the Chinese, or either engineered to what you see today.

Its not like not everyone is aware of how Chinese top engineers were state-funded in the 1980s to visit Ivy leagues in the US to study, wrote papers and worked at key military industries such as LM or Boeing Corp. Some have even made their way into the F22 program and even later into the JSF program.

I agree with the statement that India is still importing military equipment such as fighter engines to gas turbine engines etc. But the percentage has been reduced to somewhere between 45 to 50%. Which will by 2025 be somewhere between 35 to 40%.

What you don't understand is that being a reactive force has its advantages, because when somebody uses a tactic that we are not aware of, we at least start making defensive strategies on our own. Take an example for our 2 layered BMD programs in the works or the recent drone attacks at our IAF airbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles