India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBH22

There are some very good Indian cyber security professionals in India, but I am not sure if the Indian government will be able to afford them or not, well may be the gov will probably be able to afford them, but will a senior babu allow a technical person who is few ranks below him to get more salary them him, also the one area of cyber security we are lacking is reverse engineering, there are very few of them with the required skill sets.
It only indicates that we do not have the required pool of talent. We have a few bright minds but number is not there. One thing I noticed is that US DoD has recourse to private players such as Dell etc
I hope our private players like Infosys etc have the know how with respect to cryptography or cyber security. Personally my knowledge in these field is zero.

Apollo

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Propaganda alert from CCP which means they do not want IA to engage with PLA even if they unilaterally try to change the LAC status quo

China's military deployment along the western section of China-#India border is a normal defense arrangement, aimed at preventing and responding to possible encroachment dangers of China's territory by relevant countries: Chinese FM

ladder

Country flag

omaebakabaka

It only indicates that we do not have the required pool of talent. We have a few bright minds but number is not there. One thing I noticed is that US DoD has recourse to private players such as Dell etc
I hope our private players like Infosys etc have the know how with respect to cryptography or cyber security. Personally my knowledge in these field is zero.
Lol Infosys? India seriously lacks foundational skills in IT and engineering in a practical sense....have you looked at open source committers in any popular product and almost next to nothing from Indian companies vs China or Russia or Europe or Japan....most Indian committers are not located in India even if they are Indians but still very few in number.....government needs to create a very knowledgeable ministry just for developing foundational skills in networking, OS and one of the programming langs like Python in addition to Assembly...assembly is becoming popular again with GO replacing C with assembly if I am correct(and even Kubernetes?)

No CS or Electrical and Electronics engineer should graduate without a real world project from a list of govt maintained problem areas....increase the quality to filter trash and low quality or continue to be a bitch dependent on others

These are the core skills

Last edited:

Spindrift

Lol Infosys? India seriously lacks foundational skills in IT and engineering in a practical sense....have you looked at open source committers in any popular product and almost next to nothing from Indian companies vs China or Russia or Europe or Japan....most Indian committers are not located in India even if they are Indians but still very few in number.....government needs to create a very knowledgeable ministry just for developing foundational skills in networking, OS and one of the programming langs like Python in addition to Assembly...assembly is becoming popular again with GO replacing C with assembly if I am correct(and even Kubernetes?)

No CS or Electrical and Electronics engineer should graduate without a real world project from a list of govt maintained problem areas....increase the quality to filter trash and low quality or continue to be a bitch dependent on others

These are the core skills
Kubernetes has nothing to do with programming languages it is basically a container orchestration system, C is still popular, the Linux kernel is written in C, GO is becoming popular, but it'll not replace C and yes assembly is important especially if you want to get into reverse engineering.

omaebakabaka

Kubernetes has nothing to do with programming languages it is basically a container orchestration system, C is still popular, the Linux kernel is written in C, GO is becoming popular, but it'll not replace C and yes assembly is important especially if you want to get into reverse engineering.
My point being its implemented in mostly GO and GO has replaced traditionally C elements for low level routines with assembly and this is also becoming true with new java compilers and what not to get most performance and remove the intermediate layers. I know kubernetes is container orchestration software. Ofcourse there are tons that are implemented in C, I am just pointing recent trends, its a fact most hackers are very well versed with opcodes and what not of platforms being targeted and therefore having an assembly language experience will help you understand bootstrapping of OS and drivers and so on.

scatterStorm

Country flag
I wonder how they will react when our SFF soldiers wave the Tibetian flag on their faces. The current generation of Tibetian has all heard first-hand horror stories of Chinese brutalism in Tibet from their parents.

Mutiny go brrrr.....
You throw some money, you can watch even Tibetans fly with the Chinese flag. They've accepted that they are ought to be ruled, man what a waste.

scatterStorm

Country flag
It only indicates that we do not have the required pool of talent. We have a few bright minds but the number is not there. One thing I noticed is that US DoD has recourse to private players such as Dell etc
I hope our private players like Infosys etc have the know-how with respect to cryptography or cybersecurity. Personally, my knowledge in this field is zero.
We don't lack the talent, we lack the incentives to drive such a talent pool. You arm the nerds from every tier 2 and tier 1 college of this country with perks as that of google or facebook, you will get at least a trainable unit. However, the cyber army requires prodigies, people who have the tendency to break things or find system loopholes.

Example, a couple of local government college students in my district found a loophole in apps such as zomato and swiggy to basically order free food. We need such kind of folks, not any average joe.

Of course, if you find one joe who is a prodigy, he or she can train average joes. The objective is not to do a hack, but to develop a hacker "mindset".

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Our troops morale was low, you can sense it. PLA troop were from the get-go had an aggressive posture.
Not sure low morale is the correct expression here. The Chinese post (from South China Morning Post) edited the video to show only the last part. This is the complete video.

First, you can see there are only 6-8 Indian troops, trying to snatch the red banner/flag. Later they get swarmed by nearly 3x more Chinese soldiers carrying sticks, still can't make them move back.
At last, the Chinese soldiers start to swing their sticks, that's when Indian soldiers disengage and move back while Chinese soldiers chase them (only this part is shown as if we are running defeated).

The reality is it took 3x Chinese soldiers and sticks/rods to push away Indian soldiers.

You throw some money, you can watch even Tibetans fly with the Chinese flag. They've accepted that they are ought to be ruled, man what a waste.
True, however deeply religious people (Tibetian) are hard to pursue through money. They might fear for their family, however, their loyalty will not be bought by the Chinese.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
We don't lack the talent, we lack the incentives to drive such a talent pool. You arm the nerds from every tier 2 and tier 1 college of this country with perks as that of google or facebook, you will get at least a trainable unit. However, the cyber army requires prodigies, people who have the tendency to break things or find system loopholes.

Example, a couple of local government college students in my district found a loophole in apps such as zomato and swiggy to basically order free food. We need such kind of folks, not any average joe.

Of course, if you find one joe who is a prodigy, he or she can train average joes. The objective is not to do a hack, but to develop a hacker "mindset".
In a nation where thousands of people are allowed to occupy key national highways for months on end causing tremendous losses to the treasury and private businesses, are such efficiency standards possible?

what happened to the centers of excellence certificates to universities and 1000 crore for each of them? Are these universities going to develop good talent with these moneys? The whole policy seems to have died even before it began.

the thing is we still face basic problems like in housing, healthcare, water supply, sanitation, low rural income - that the government has its hands full and treasury booked to just service these problems. Unless these basic problems are solved within a timeframe, there simply is not going to be the will and moneys to move up in the technology value chain. And, no private sector won’t do government’s dirty work without a plausible deniability mechanism in place.

I think that until 2030 we will continue to remain weak, I’ll equipped and just develop as much as we can. And just use deterrence as much as we can to thwart powerful enemies. 2030 is when we are supposed to meet our SDG goals. And 2030 is when we probably will have a decent economy and a government efficiency plus industry ecosystem like in electronics that allows us to pursue a much more aggressive military and foreign policy. This assumes that a strong nationalist government remains at the center until 2030. If we descend into the 1990s leftie chaos, we are done for, and will forever become a weak nation, subservient to China for sure due to the vast difference in economy and budget sizes. The risk is still there as you never know with our ignorant voters - they may end up getting us back into coalition era where nothing happens, and we have a new PM every year, becoming the laughing stock of the world.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Finaly, there is a country that can dare China.

In few years, India shall be a greater nuisance for China thzn US.

India's strong action against China will release pressure from Russia.

India will keep a hawk eye on Chines trade and regulate it with its facilities in Andama and Nicobar.

Russia should help India to fight against China.

Time will tell whether India will bring China on its knee but one thing is very sure that India will embarrass china a lot in future.

It will strengthen Quad. Quad will have a great asset to operate in this area.

Above are comments of Russian citizens on a video of India taking harsh step agsinst China by strengthening its military lresence at Andaman Nicobar Iceland which stretches 800 km starting from south of Myanmar and finishing 200 km north of Indonesia.

Watch the small video here. It explains why China is doing all mischiefs in Himalyas to divert India's attention fro. Andaman Nicobars. However, it failed there as well. China is comprehensively humiliated by Narendra Modi government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles