India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Let army do their job and not used for promotion. GOI must act wisely according to the situation at border, instead of being an opportunistic. Hope armed forces are not pushed to be corporate employees
Ig there is a reason why many ex army personnel are saying army is being politicised

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Promoting yoga is good but I don't understand the logic of promoting yoga through armed forces when it can be done by sports authorities & celebrities more effectively. That too when enemies are building up camps and conducting live aggressive exercises near border our army is exhibiting a peaceful exercise.
Let army do their job and not used for promotion. GOI must act wisely according to the situation at border, instead of being an opportunistic. Hope armed forces are not pushed to be corporate employees
This isn't promotion. Promotion will be an advertisement or a public figure promoting Yoga.

Armed Forces/Railways/Other govt. institutions are just showing their participation in making Yoga day a success.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Promoting yoga is good but I don't understand the logic of promoting yoga through armed forces when it can be done by sports authorities & celebrities more effectively. That too when enemies are building up camps and conducting live aggressive exercises near border our army is exhibiting a peaceful exercise.
for decades Indian armed forces have been pioneers and front runners of many things that we take for granted today, few notable examples of disaster relief, adventure sports, sports in general, infra building in remote and tough terrains etc.

From a marketing point of view, If an element of society has a brand image of being pioneers, might as well use it amplify the message.

Maybe It looks odd to us because we were not used to seeing whole of govt approach to focus on an objective.

Me personally i prefer this image of military forces during “peace times” rather than the depressing “death metal” “PTSD” image that western forces try to cultivate.

Jimih

Country flag
for decades Indian armed forces have been pioneers and front runners of many things that we take for granted today, few notable examples of disaster relief, adventure sports, sports in general, infra building in remote and tough terrains etc.

From a marketing point of view, If an element of society has a brand image of being pioneers, might as well use it amplify the message.

Maybe It looks odd to us because we were not used to seeing whole of govt approach to focus on an objective.

Me personally i prefer this image of military forces during “peace times” rather than the depressing “death metal” “PTSD” image that western forces try to cultivate.

I will support Indian Millitary promoting Yoga and Well Beingness any time of the day rather than these bullcrapery:

Nehru1.jpg

Nehru2.jpg

Nehru.jpg

Pictures of Cheecha celebrating picnic with his family on Indian Naval Ship.

One more gem:

How Jawaharlal Nehru used Indian Navy assets not just for vacation, but also to ‘pay respects’ to Edwina Mountbatten after she died

These were the 'Real Politicisation' of the Indian Millitary.

omaebakabaka

I will support Indian Millitary promoting Yoga and Well Beingness any time of the day rather than these bullcrapery:

View attachment 95873

View attachment 95874

View attachment 95875
Pictures of Cheecha celebrating picnic with his family on Indian Naval Ship.

One more gem:

How Jawaharlal Nehru used Indian Navy assets not just for vacation, but also to ‘pay respects’ to Edwina Mountbatten after she died

These were the 'Real Politicisation' of the Indian Millitary.
His offspring just switched loyality to Italians but fundamentally same sewage flowing in their veins

omaebakabaka

I also see this as confidence, yoga is internal strength and it relieves stress and cleans mind. I would make it regular as part of physical without cutting down on josh activities ofcourse. It is something we need to institutionalize like mother tongue

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A Chinese firm -- China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC), responsible for road construction in Nepal's Sindhupalchawk has been witnessing people's fury over the landslide incidents and damage to houses in the district.

mokoman

Country flag
man you are reading it upside down.

this is no yoga promotion.

This is a signal to the PLA , that we are prepared , we are capable , and we are just chilling doing yoga right outside Galwan valley.

Another "angle" is peace and tranquallity at LAC , that is our end goal . yoga sort of goes nicely with that.

Some of the graves are from soldiers who died in construction work last year , i think this was before clash.
rest of the graves are 1962 war casualties.

CCP wont bury clash dead there , i think they instead added the deaths figures to a flooding in China.
Around the time of clash there was flooding and PLA was apart of rescue effort , and soldiers died.

There were several vids of urns being given to dead soldier families.
The reason sited was they died during flood rescue efforts.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
IAF AND USN IN IOR

Posted On: 22 JUN 2021 6:15PM by PIB Delhi

As a strategic outreach exercise with the defence forces of friendly foreign countries in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR), Indian Air Force will participate in operational engagements with the US Navy in an exercise to be carried out with Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group (CSG) on 23 and 24 Jun 21. The CSG is currently deployed in the IOR.

The Exercise in the AoR of Southern Air Command will see the IAF forces operate from bases under four operational commands and will include Jaguars & Su-30 MKI fighters, AWACS, AEW&C and Air to Air Refueller aircraft. The US CSG is expected to field F-18 fighters and E-2C Hawkeye AEW&C aircraft. The exercise will be carried out south of Thiruvananthapuram, on the western seaboard, over two days.

IAF has extensive experience in maritime operations in the IOR. This has been consolidated over the years by conduct of exercises from the country’s island territories, including participation in International exercises. The multi spectral capability of the IAF in IOR also includes HADR missions and logistics support undertaken in support of friendly nations in the region. This engagement with the US CSG offers one more opportunity to undertake joint operations in the maritime domain with a friendly foreign power.

The exercise with the US CSG will focus on multiple areas including enhancing aspects of interoperability, nuances of international integrated maritime SAR operations and exchange of best practices in the maritime airpower domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles