India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
So probably previous Herons were being jammed by Chinese.

we lost one to the chinese.

:hmm: maybe they jammed and spoofed GPS like the iranians did with US UAV.
If you are talking about the one lost in Arunachal Pradesh and crashed into China, I will say this is too far-fetched. It is not impossible, but I doubt jamming Israeli drones will be that easy.

I will say this has only slightly more credibility than the famous microwaving blacktop incident.

I think they are talking about idea forge mini drones.
Yeah, I think too, might be a mistake by ANI, or not :hmm:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Hmm, recent visits by COAS to eastern sectors does seem some urgency is upon us....no reports of major realignments of troops or equipment though so far similar to last year
Seriously, when was last time any so called insider was able to predict skirmishes with China? They happen when it is least predictable. I am reading some patterns both internal and external for last 5 days.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Seriously, when was last time any so called insider was able to predict skirmishes with China? They happen when it is least predictable. I am reading some patterns both internal and external for last 5 days.
Please tell us those patterns.

I will say anytime between today and October is possible. It is also possible China will just reinforce their positions this year (reinforcing airfields, making underground bunkers, and strengthening the supply chain).

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Quiet a old news from 2020
Indian Army planned by buy 200 rq-11Raven uav from US
Atgm is isareli spike firefly with range of 1 km
Yeah but instead they gave contract to idea forge.

omaebakabaka

I think time is ripe for china to start something as you mentioned...one they took the last year surprise away from us due to our idiots jumping on deescalation before even throwing some punches and now Modi is almost besieged and defanged himself and even 2 bit CM's are taking center for a ride...hope we are prepared and have more surprises in our sleeve

Ayushraj

Country flag
This article is full of surprises

So probably previous Herons were being jammed by Chinese.

What ? Which US mini-drones ?

Interesting !
Mini uav is rq 11 Raven in 200 numbers
Atgm is milan +Israeli spike firefly
Long range artillery shell will be most probably from US Excalibur.Since our experience with Russian Krasnopol not very good at high altitude

omaebakabaka

Mini uav is rq 11 Raven in 200 numbers
Atgm is milan +Israeli spike firefly
Long range artillery shell will be most probably from US Excalibur.Since our experience with Russian Krasnopol not very good at high altitude
None of these give us advantage as they have same or more....what gives us advantage is offensive surprise moves to preempt their moves and demoralize them, in the absence of that mindset we will be at risk and devaluing our soldiers life. It is clear they can match us better just on equipment

Abhay Rajput 02

you may be right. excepting something too. however goi is mainly known for faux behaviour. baba ji still have to manage corona 3rd/4th wave.

Abhay Rajput 02

👀 We are getting 4 Advanced Heron Drones from Israel on emergency procurement. Amid increased Chinese activities in the Ladakh sector and other areas along the Line of Actual Control.

not emergency but 400 million dollar deal we signed with israel for 10 heron tp armed.

hit&run

Mod

I will say anytime between today and October is possible. It is also possible China will just reinforce their positions this year (reinforcing airfields, making underground bunkers, and strengthening the supply chain).
Many patterns. People generally take military logistics and posturing as indicators but miss systemic and political markers to predict milittary confrontations. I have yet to see a confrontation happening after both sides fully dug in eye ball to eye.

Zhang Xudong was put in charge in December. TAT is generally 6 months to give desirable results for new comer. Either his mandate is to fully disengage which he partially did but
seems like a smoke screen. Or escalate plus minus few weeks depending on geo political or enemy’s internal dynamics.

With Covid at surge and so called Modi popularity few notches down he will never do anything to divert attention and willl let resentment against Modi consolidate.

Now Modi is coming out of Covid and then black fungus scripted cacophony, PLA is free to start a new disruption. With sold out snake Rahul Gandhi anti Modi social media storm will be triggered without saying.

GoI has already kicked out Huawei from 5G trials which is another indication that PLA has got a free hand.

PLA activity reported is unusual for the last few weeks. From here onwards things will escalate. Please note I am only talking about skirmishes.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
👀 We are getting 4 Advanced Heron Drones from Israel on emergency procurement. Amid increased Chinese activities in the Ladakh sector and other areas along the Line of Actual Control.

Why are a lot of our important equipment procured under emergency procurement? Do we not know our threats in advance?

hit&run

Mod
you may be right. excepting something too. however goi is mainly known for faux behaviour. baba ji still have to manage corona 3rd/4th wave.
Yes a politician can be short sighted and can easily be bogged down by political pressures. Forces on the other hand do not care if few cities are burning due to riots or pandemics.

PLA is aware of it that is what they have opted for irregularly irregular tactical misadventures with us.

Before Monsoon I see some fireworks at LAC.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

Where is our Tapas..!!!!!!!

Jimih

Country flag
Yes a politician can be short sighted and can easily be bogged down by political pressures. Forces on the other hand do not care if few cities are burning due to riots or pandemics.

PLA is aware of it that is what they have opted for irregularly irregular tactical misadventures with us.

Exactly in which sector/s? Do you anticipate?

Apollo

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

PLA deployed HQ-17 SAMS & PHZ 11 122MM MBRLs somewhere near Depsang plains

sorcerer

Country flag

wearing the patience thin..them chinese thinking.
chinese are trying to weaken the global system by their wuhan virus bio weapon...and especially in India's case with a mutant variant which is highly contagious.
china knows they cannot win a conventional war with the PLA monkeys against any enemies.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Ladakh region. To keep us engaged there has prudence of keeping it disputed along rest of the J&K which Pakistan disputes.
From a chinese perspective this is the best chance to deal with India once and for all, Modi's image has taken a beating, for all the RR we do here ,no leader in the current opposition will ever stand up to the Chinese the way Modi did, and Modi is a resourceful man he still has 3 years to go he could turn the tide for India and himself if he puts himself to it so for Chinese or in more precise terms for Xi this is the best opportunity to destroy modi, and India, take back Taiwan and further elevate his status to god in China( bigger than Mao himself), the downside is if he fails to defat India or worse PLA gets defeated then that will be the end for him, no Taiwan and loss to India, so on a broad basis this is more of a fight b/w Modi and Xi in some ways as much as it is b/w India and China for, a loss for Modi too will be the end of the line for him, he might even have to resign prematurely before the completion of his term.
If a conflict is forced upon us we will (which looks likely) then if Modi decides to fight it out, risking his political capital then in my and I am sure many of your eyes as well, Modi will stand vindicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles