India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spindrift

I was watching the Chinese CCTV military channel today where they had displayed a woman is firing a bullet through the knife.do we have these type of knives in our army arsnel ?

That's just BS and a novelty item. However the Spetsnaz used or still use a ballistic knife which is a knife with a detachable blade and range is a few meters and us powered by a spring. I am not sure how useful it is.

sorcerer

Country flag
no expert on fire arms , but this looks like the dumbest shit ever .

:hmm: i mean y , its hard to aim , whats wrong with handguns as sidearms

Haha..
its from the old brits hunting tools.
They had a sword and a gun attached to the handle.
What they do is when they go for hunting games in the wild , they wound the pig with the sword /arrow and later when they find the wounded animal..finish it off with the gun attached to the handle. Clearly some 18th century tool..

chinese stole the design from the old british hunting tools..I suppose.

Cheran

Country flag
Haha..
its from the old brits hunting tools.
They had a sword and a gun attached to the handle.
What they do is wound the pig with the sword /arrow and when they find the wounded animal..finish it off with the gun attached to the handle.

chinese stole the design from the old british hunting tools..I suppose.
Could the CCP thugs use this in the border standoff?

We are aware of the agreement or so that firearms cannot be used (Though there were reports that we have junked the agreement).

May be CCP thugs see this device not as a firearm but a knife that shoots (lol).

Does this shooting knife meet the standard definition of a firearm?

sorcerer

Country flag

We are aware of the agreement or so that firearms cannot be used (Though there were reports that we have junked the agreement).

May be CCP thugs see this device not as a firearm but a knife that shoots (lol).

When a shot is fired from chinese side, no matter how fancy a fire arm..a shot fired is a shot fired...and Indian Army will take care of the rest.

mokoman

Country flag

Its a gun with 4 bullets and so its a firearm.

looks like its an old thing from 1990s , russian special forces also had something similar.so i guess chinese copied it.

probably used as a show by their special forces.

sorcerer

Country flag
China alarmed after strategic oil pipeline station in Myanmar is attacked

New Delhi, May 8:
Alarm bells are ringing loud and clear in China after Myanmar protesters have attacked a monitoring station of a strategic pipeline that ferries oil to Chinas Yunnan province.

The Irrawaddy newspaper's website is reporting that security personnel guarding the pipeline's off-take station in Mandalay were killed. The sword and machete attack on the policemen was "undoubtedly part of Myanmar's growing popular armed resistance against the regime," the daily reported.

Suhaldev

Country flag
World famous Chinese glass Bridge broke by winds

Deadtrap

Country flag
Plant lab data is more than just viewing it in browser. Today I downloaded the RAW data and processed it using software like QGIS, SAGA and Aerialod. My friend did the same below. Data elevation model of one of the PLA SAM sites.
@mokoman @mist_consecutive

Also if you process RAW image which comes in GeoTIFF format, you get much better image quality than what is shown in the browser. Also it’s fun to play with so much of data!

mokoman

Country flag
Plant lab data is more than just viewing it in browser. Today I downloaded the RAW data and processed it using software like QGIS, SAGA and Aerialod. My friend did the same below. Data elevation model of one of the PLA SAM sites.
@mokoman @mist_consecutive

Also if you process RAW image which comes in GeoTIFF format, you get much better image quality than what is shown in the browser. Also it’s fun to play with so much of data!
noice , whats the horizontal and vertical resolution like ?

😃 i dont have access to anything but optical in planetlabs , can i can get access ? ,

what is the lowest pricing tier ?

only have access to sentinel SAR , but resolution is too low.

Deadtrap

Country flag
noice , whats the horizontal and vertical resolution like ?

😃 i dont have access to anything but optical in planetlabs , can i can get access ? ,

what is the lowest pricing tier ?

only have access to sentinel SAR , but resolution is too low.
Well the overall optical resolution of Planetlab is capped at 3m. For less than that you need to have paid account.
But if you are talking abt pixel resolution in terms of length and breadth, then it depends upon the number of tiles you download. My free university account allows me to download 5000 sq km of area data per month.

You may ask your friends studying in college to get you an account. You just need official college ID.

This two videos gives a good idea of what can be done with GeoTIFF files.

Also Planetlabs RAW images comes in 4 different bands i.e Red, Green, Blue and Near Infrared. By processing different combination of bands in QGIS software you can gather data like Vegetation, Water channel etc.
Plant labs also provides RAW atmospheric data separately which came as a surprise to me since since it doesn’t show any details abt it in the browser like Sentinel.

another_armchair

Country flag
Just imagine if the Chinese failed rocket traveled few more mins hit densely populated kanyakumari it wud have caused a devastation. Undisputedly this is an indirect threat demonstrated by CCP against our sovereignty. Will GoI wake up atleast now or brush it under the carpet as usual..
Wish it hit Pinraayi's official residence with him sleeping snugly with his kutti.

mokoman

Country flag
Well the overall optical resolution of Planetlab is capped at 3m. For less than that you need to have paid account.
But if you are talking abt pixel resolution in terms of length and breadth, then it depends upon the number of tiles you download. My free university account allows me to download 5000 sq km of area data per month.

You may ask your friends studying in college to get you an account. You just need official college ID.

This two videos gives a good idea of what can be done with GeoTIFF files.

Also Planetlabs RAW images comes in 4 different bands i.e Red, Green, Blue and Near Infrared. By processing different combination of bands in QGIS software you can gather data like Vegetation, Water channel etc.
Plant labs also provides RAW atmospheric data separately which came as a surprise to me since since it doesn’t show any details abt it in the browser like Sentinel.

lol , way past that.

i can only get elevation maps from sentinel 1 ,

i think it has 3m x 3m SAR , i tried to use it but you have to download 1gb+ tiles. :scared2:

dunno how it works but seeing your post makes me wanna give it a try

also in case you havent seen this , just below link too

Deadtrap

Country flag

lol , way past that.

i can only get elevation maps from sentinel 1 ,

i think it has 3m x 3m SAR , i tried to use it but you have to download 1gb+ tiles. :scared2:

dunno how it works but seeing your post makes me wanna give it a try

also in case you havent seen this , just below link too

Today I will try Sentinel 1 and let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles