India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

omaebakabaka

:hmm: New road linking Tibet and Xinjiang , already existing one is g219 , passing through India ("aksai chin").

New one will be further east.

Is there any other road ?
I believe it was called kashgar highway but it runs lot deeper from our border like Lhasa to get into Xinjiang's Urumqi.....so this one may be purely military purpose. They also had railway already upto shigatse and plan was to get it to Kathmandu

omaebakabaka

Sir, can we talk on DM because I tried to but it was showing you are not available for DM and basically it is about me doing something significant (according to me) on containment of china with the help of japan.
Basically I think China can be defeated with the help of Japan ONLY so I need your observations on this.
Aarigato gozaimasu.
Let me fig out how to do that and I will IM you after that...in a day hopefully. I can read lot more Japanese than Chinese especially mainland one is simplified...so pretty useless vs Taiwanese even just to guess. Taiwanese still use traditional and atleast common things I can guess. I have interesting experiences traveling extensively in Japan, China, Taiwan and Cambodia from mainland Chinese. Actually chinese in China are kinda nice and very friendly but CCP is different though...shame they can't be friendly to us as a neighbor. When we were blocked in one of the routes in Tibet, ended up chatting with a truck driver and he even let me drive it for 100 meters :) ....sorry off topic

Tridev123

Country flag
An important issue is the Covid 19 pandemic now getting serious in a India.
I suggest for the wellbeing of our population.
1.The anti viral drug Remdesivir should be granted only a process patent and not a product patent. Our pharmaceutical companies should be allowed to make generic versions of the drug. We have a pharmaceutical industry which can turn out cheap generic versions of the drug probably at less than half of the current market price.Quantity of the drug available will increase greatly and it will also become affordable to the poor. Exports probably should not be considered as the original patent holder may object strongly.
2.The same strategy should be followed for all other drugs needed for Covid 19 treatment.

Is there support for the proposal.

Though out of topic, the issue is serious enough.

HawkisRight

Country flag

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
I doubt anyone who was sane has ever said that we could not patrol up to any of our traditional patrolling points from 2013 onwards and this was "legacy" issue.

The truth of the matter is that the issue is indeed a legacy issue in the sense that since 2002, PLA has intermittently blocked our patrols. We have returned favor in kind leading to stand offs. I am curious as to where this 2013 thing got mainstreamed?

Perhaps another twist to the "Congress" angle?

Knowitall

I don't know where to post this....

UK is sending two Royal Navy ships to Jersey "as a precaution" after threats of a French blockade of the island's main port over a post-Brexit fishing row
Woah this is truly something. I wonder if the EU could blockade them totally.

HawkisRight

Country flag
He told the same in Nitin Ghokale’s show. They took helicopter straight to PP13. He also said we were actively dominating these patrolling points atleast once or twice per month. Perhaps govt looking to brush dispute in this area under the carpet.
What bs is this...U genuinely didn't understood what he was saying :hmm: Yes IA has its plans in depsang as IA has in pangong..Its d current government which is insisting depsang,gogra,demchok in chai biscuit sessions which barring gogra are legacy issues mostly of upa era.. reports came out dat IA is still holding advantageous postions even after de escalations But its Absolutely comical reading comments like 'oh we surrendered our advantage in pangong' Like IA doesn't know what they r doing but geniuses of dfi and SM know wargaming like pro's..And Dudess we all know who brushed Depsang under carpet since 2010

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
I doubt anyone who was sane has ever said that we could not patrol up to any of our traditional patrolling points from 2013 onwards and this was "legacy" issue.

The truth of the matter is that the issue is indeed a legacy issue in the sense that since 2002, PLA has intermittently blocked our patrols. We have returned favor in kind leading to stand offs. I am curious as to where this 2013 thing got mainstreamed?

Now when u say that I realise that, Lt gen YK Joshi had said that when he was the brigade commander in 2010 the situation in Depsang was no different.

Btw what happened in 2002?

sorcerer

Country flag
Big boost for military as Modi govt gives officers powers of additional & joint secretaries

New Delhi:
In a landmark move in the country’s armed forces history, uniformed personnel from the Army, Air Force and Navy have been for the first time formally appointed as additional secretary and joint secretaries in the Ministry of Defence.

In a late evening order Monday, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, appointed Lt Gen. Anil Puri as the Additional Secretary in the Department of Military Affairs (DMA).

mokoman

Country flag
What bs is this...U genuinely didn't understood what he was saying :hmm: Yes IA has its plans in depsang as IA has in pangong..Its d current government which is insisting depsang,gogra,demchok in chai biscuit sessions which barring gogra are legacy issues mostly of upa era.. reports came out dat IA is still holding advantageous postions even after de escalations But its Absolutely comical reading comments like 'oh we surrendered our advantage in pangong' Like IA doesn't know what they r doing but geniuses of dfi and SM know wargaming like pro's..And Dudess we all know who brushed Depsang under carpet since 2010
:hmm: Problem with comparing current situation with 2013 is that the PLA has build a large military complex 20km from y-junc.

Works seems to be continuing.They will slowly add more troops to that area.

Granted its far away but this is just another step to gradually taking control of over 1000 sq km

Eventually it may end up like f4-f8 like last year , they will build structures and take full control.

HawkisRight

Country flag
:hmm: Problem with comparing current situation with 2013 is that the PLA has build a large military complex 20km from y-junc.

Works seems to be continuing.They will slowly add more troops to that area.

Granted its far away but this is just another step to gradually taking control of over 1000 sq km

Eventually it may end up like f4-f8 like last year , they will build structures and take full control.
And dats precisely why depsang is being pushed from establishment in chai biscuit sessions...and from Nitin's interview we know dat IA has its plans and even in upa time IA used to do what IA thought is required to do...but who will tell d clown generals of SM..like i am reading for years on gucci gang jokers thread dat IA has vulnerability in night ops and last year IA successfully executed and humiliated mighty pla(not porki army) in op snow leopard conducted in night...but every clown is Bajirao peshwa on SM... constructive critism also needs brain

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't know where to post this....

UK is sending two Royal Navy ships to Jersey "as a precaution" after threats of a French blockade of the island's main port over a post-Brexit fishing row
this is an old issue, also one of the reasons for brexit. not a biggie.

UK has recently been liberated from
EU, they will jump around for a few years, get tired and settle down.

Suhaldev

Country flag

If I remember correctly it was published in Indian express that Chinese didn't went back to original positions after 2013 standoff and hindered our patrolling points since then. Further, irrespective of the govt Indian govt aren't transparent on actual land lost to Chinese, bc har saal naya issue aa jaata hai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles