India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
India & China have made some progress in some areas. We haven't come to the de-escalation part of it which will follow after disengagement is done. Last conversation with China was focused on COVID and the Chinese Foreign Minister also said the same to me: EAM Dr Jaishankar

During the conversation with the Chinese Foreign Minister,I told him that the best way you could help would be to look into the difficulties being faced by some of our companies that are ordering stuff from China. After our conversation,things immediately moved: EAM Dr Jaishankar

Knowitall

I think he had the semiconductor industry on his mind when he was talking about this.

China is truly behind in the semiconductor race especially after US and the other nations put up a embargo on them they might easily be around 10-15 years behind.

Only a few months back they had signed a deal with ASML to supply DUV machines which are considered outdated when compared to EUV which are the next gen top of the line machines being used to make advanced chips.

As of now they are trying to master the construction of 28nm chips used in the automobile industry this could take the at least a year or two to completely master. Companies like apple on the other hand have already mastered 5nm chips which are being used in their headsets etc.

There is an other technology out there which as of now has escaped public limelight AI chips.

US and china are both investing huge resources on this and china has also banned all export's related to this technology.

nvidia from the US and cambricon from China are leading the battle here and unlike the semiconductor industry china has a lead here. China picked up on AI early or else US could have tried to shut them out of business just like they did with semiconductor industry.

mokoman

Country flag
:hmm: some images of chinese intrusion at PP17A

info is from @mist_consecutive 's post

so if there is any mistake its his fault

-----------------------------------------

see red arrow , thats the spot

globe.jpeg_stripped.jpg

zoomed in

pp17a.jpeg_stripped.jpg

mo000re zoomed in

gogra-hot-spring-sector.jpg_stripped.jpg

situation now.

Red line is google LAC , that _WAS_ our Line of control , everything below was under our control

Yellow line is the Chinese official border . for comparison our official border is in aksai chin some 50km away.

Difference between yellow and red is that they have pushed forward to control area in front of the valley.

orange was our patrol road , from our side to PP17A near LAC , chinese have build a post effectively blocking it.

intrusion.png_stripped.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

moo00re zoomed in , PLA post inside LAC on "our land"

most structures were removed (you can see vacant spots) , this was part of disengagement i think it was
july, 1 still remains

orange line was our road

new_pla_post.jpeg_stripped.jpg

PLA build up behind LAC on chinese land ,just in case we try some shit.

pla_build_up.png_stripped.jpg

old situation from june

sat imagery from june 13 2020 , chinese cross LAC and build roads and camps

most of these were removed , only 1 remaining

sat_img.jpeg_stripped.jpg

They did same shit in Galwan but was beaten back , same will happen here too.

The Indian Hawk

Country flag
Year After Pangong Clash, China Reinforces Positions, Rotates Troops Along LAC
View attachment 88191

A year after Indian and Chinese soldiers first clashed on the north bank of Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh, China is now further reinforcing its military positions and rotating troops in the “depth areas” along the Line of Actual Control in a clear signal that it has no intent to de-escalate anytime soon.

With the harsh winter having receded, the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is fast converting the temporary structures, ammunition dumps, helipads and surface-to-air missile positions it had set up last year in the “depth areas”, ranging from 25 to 120-km from the LAC, into permanent positions now.

johnq

big slow plane is a big slow target for a missile. Drones are better are much better. Even if it is just a little drone that provides video and a missile lock. Then a guy can blast the tank from a distance. Develop (buy) more drones. China already has gobs of them.
Drones can be jammed or disabled. Attack helicopters can also be shot down by manpads, but we still use them. In fact, the A-10 is faster than attack helicopters and better at dodging missiles by maneuvering and using countermeasures, can fly much higher, and take on a lot more punishment than attack helicopters and still return home. Besides, I am not talking about the A-10 exactly, but something similar that has been upgraded with modern countermeasures to dodge manpads, and modern avionics and electronics to be able to attack from a distance with missiles. Of course I would keep that cannon, it's a real tank killer.

omaebakabaka

I think he had the semiconductor industry on his mind when he was talking about this.
China is truly behind in the semiconductor race especially after US and the other nations put up a embargo on them they might easily be around 10-15 years behind.
While one can not deny the lead of west over China as of now in Semis, it is mostly on the consumer side of things....also I would not put my hopes on Bidet or team to work in the interests of their country. Its the tech feudal lords that are running the country now and some of them own media houses already and are in the process of buying up massive amount of land around the world and in US. They know what is coming and are armed and loaded to preserve their dominance.....perhaps a conspiracy but there is a lot of evidence also...
Look at Musk and how is making deals with China and lot of others too....plus China has reach into anything Taiwan now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles