India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

doreamon

Country flag
A famous real estate tycoon's son is being chased by ccp for saying a camp was buried as sky burial was nt a possibility ( means they hid number of deaths ) over galwan clash .

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag

What is he even talking about?

@mist_consecutive @Hellfire

Talking Crap. As usual.

In short, even after withdrawl was ordered from Pangong Tso mutually, IA maintained few points (with MOSTs) for surveillance, area denial & provision of a firm base for further occupation of important & tactically advantageous points /deny same to PLA should things go South. These points left Chinese camps in a vulnerable situation as also rendered their defences untenable (as also Lines of Communications) in case of a war.

These have been vacated now as GoI is of opinion that you can manage situation taking one sub-sector at a time.

That is, needless to say, a mistake.

@mist_consecutive The basic problem with using satellite imagery to draw conclusions and labelling some info as incorrect using them is that the smart adversary will show you what you need to see. (This is with reference to your comment on my tweet)

In 1999 during Kargil, IA ended up with 05 Armoured Divisions as per US' Intelligence Assessment (based predominantly on satellite imagery). Unfortunately for the Pakistanis, they were given the prospect of facing 02 x Armoured Divisions opposite Sindh and 02 in Chicken Neck area then. Needless to say, US thought 02 additional armored divisions were positioned after it very positively identified tanks, support vehicles & even thermal signature from these "ghost divisions"

Story got repeated in 2002 when US was again fooled into believing 01 armored division was where it was actually not.

Conversely, a small team ie a section/stick is hard to detect on commercial/military grade satellites in that terrain (E. Ladakh) if it is trained to defeat it. Especially if their task is to survive & direct Air/Artillery strikes to defeat enemy by destruction of the concentration area.

On Gogra-Hot Spring. A quick look through the thread ... old encroachments remain, no new ingress remains. That was what my lament was about. We delinked Pangong Tso from all other areas & gave up a major advantage. But not unexpected, it is our national policy to seek peace by losing land.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
@Hellfire If you have inputs please post.

Nothing is going to happen.

US has ensured Pakistan is off the hook. China is also mollified after that as it's investments in PoJ&K are not threatened. And China is going to strengthen it's economic hold in other countries to deny narket access/create disadvatage for countries opposing it. We see it in action in Europe, Africa, MidEast, SE Asia.

Why should they fight?

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
There has been troop & armour pullback from the Gogra-Hotspring area. We started thinning out by the last week of Jan and troop numbers are back to peace-time numbers in that area, whereas Chinese deployment remains largely constant (and vastly outnumbering us).

What utter foolishness! This is another F4-F5 capture waiting to happen. What are IA babus thinking?
@Hellfire

And what do you think was my tweet about? We have pulled back at points which are a mistake, as per me. But GoI directives.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Talking Crap. As usual.

In short, even after withdrawl was ordered from Pangong Tso mutually, IA maintained few points (with MOSTs) for surveillance, area denial & provision of a firm base for further occupation of important & tactically advantageous points /deny same to PLA should things go South. These points left Chinese camps in a vulnerable situation as also rendered their defences untenable (as also Lines of Communications) in case of a war.

These have been vacated now as GoI is of opinion that you can manage situation taking one sub-sector at a time.

That is, needless to say, a mistake.

@mist_consecutive The basic problem with using satellite imagery to draw conclusions and labelling some info as incorrect using them is that the smart adversary will show you what you need to see. (This is with reference to your comment on my tweet)

In 1999 during Kargil, IA ended up with 05 Armoured Divisions as per US' Intelligence Assessment (based predominantly on satellite imagery). Unfortunately for the Pakistanis, they were given the prospect of facing 02 x Armoured Divisions opposite Sindh and 02 in Chicken Neck area then. Needless to say, US thought 02 additional armored divisions were positioned after it very positively identified tanks, support vehicles & even thermal signature from these "ghost divisions"

Story got repeated in 2002 when US was again fooled into believing 01 armored division was where it was actually not.

Conversely, a small team ie a section/stick is hard to detect on commercial/military grade satellites in that terrain (E. Ladakh) if it is trained to defeat it. Especially if their task is to survive & direct Air/Artillery strikes to defeat enemy by destruction of the concentration area.

On Gogra-Hot Spring. A quick look through the thread ... old encroachments remain, no new ingress remains. That was what my lament was about. We delinked Pangong Tso from all other areas & gave up a major advantage. But not unexpected, it is our national policy to seek peace by losing land.
On Hot Spring, the latest satellite images as of February show me that China had intruded as deep as 1.7 km from our perceived LAC, and although most of the tents and armour has been pulled back, 10-12 tent barrack still remain 1.7 km deep on our side of LAC unchallenged.

What I found even more baffling is, we pulled out armor and troops from Gogra-Hotspring general area, and now we face a huge numerical disadvantage vis-a-vis China (until reinforcement arrives).

My question is, did we give up hopes on Hot Spring? Why are we hiding this news? Or am I completely wrong, that we haven't pulled back troops?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
And what do you think was my tweet about? We have pulled back at points which are a mistake, as per me. But GoI directives.
You said about general area Pangong Tso, this is general area Gogra-Hot spring. I checked in the Pangong Tso area (Chusul, F1-F2), significant troops remain (according to satellite image), but as you say, I can be wrong about Pangong Tso.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
In front of Mike Pompeo, the same guy

View attachment 82448
Biggest blunder of the decade was committed by the US citizens, everyone is going to pay now for their foolishness, their MSM is completely retarded, they are portraying as if everything is fine and that America is back on top again and Biden is some fairy godmother who fixed everything when in reality a stick is being driven up their diplomats, quite literally especially after the anal swab test, they are being talked down upon like some scrawny little bitch while they are busy worrying about gender pronouns and feminist dance theory.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
No, we fight China's superiority complex, like we did at Galwan, and Pakistan's 2-front Ghazwa wet-dream.
Thaad from our perspective is absolutely stupid and there is no need for it.the guys advocating for it are stupid too.change my mind.i can't believe anybody taking that proposal seriously.its completely redundant for us.want to create another zoo.

saneel2014

Country flag
On Hot Spring, the latest satellite images as of February show me that China had intruded as deep as 1.7 km from our perceived LAC, and although most of the tents and armour has been pulled back, 10-12 tent barrack still remain 1.7 km deep on our side of LAC unchallenged.

What I found even more baffling is, we pulled out armor and troops from Gogra-Hotspring general area, and now we face a huge numerical disadvantage vis-a-vis China (until reinforcement arrives).

My question is, did we give up hopes on Hot Spring? Why are we hiding this news? Or am I completely wrong, that we haven't pulled back troops?
Detresfa said those camps were there since July, they are buffer camps set up to maintain the agreement

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Watch this . Remove if OT
If I were Jaishankar, I would've made full use of the events in Alaska to make a case for S-400. America is rapidly ceding global leadership to China, and when that happens, we can't be caught with a bag full of western arsenal, and need to keep diversity, until we can localize most of our systems.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
You said about general area Pangong Tso, this is general area Gogra-Hot spring. I checked in the Pangong Tso area (Chusul, F1-F2), significant troops remain (according to satellite image), but as you say, I can be wrong about Pangong Tso.
The problem, if you look at your post, is absolutely of your own assumption and selective reading of the tweet.

The tweets that needed to be posted and read in conjunction are reposted for your reference (kindly note the date/time):

a1.JPG

a2.JPG

I am sure that this is adequately clear.

Secondly, points, in military parlance are never synonymous with bases. The points I refer to, are those which can not be identified on any of the maps you shall be able to access as no structures will be seen on them. They were not required to be visible for anyone.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
We have not lost territory there. Old hang ups are around, commensurate force structure exists till as such time the sub-sector is dealt with.

Depsang will be a long term issue. More or less, we can kiss that issue goodbye. The Govt made a fundamental mistake in delinking Depsang, Gogra-HotSpring-Galwan-Pangong Tso.

Ayushraj

Country flag
made this professional gif to explain situation as found by @mist_consecutive

below the arrow with label "our road" , you can see a looped road , it comes from indian side (left)

goes to LAC , loops around . its our road for patrolling , this is from 2018

2nd image is from feb 2021 , we are now cut off from it due to PLA camp on left .

View attachment 82164
Pla army as of now has vacated most of their forward post near lac but they they have started Accumulating their forces about 100 km away from lac.
China can easily transport them to lac within short time period since they have better infrastructure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles