India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

indiatester

Country flag
So earlier The Print posted Fake news and now the Indian Express.
Look at @HawkisRight 's post too. There are lots of grey :)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Japan knows what's coming and it also knows it will be on the forefront of it.

India has the Himalayas and a massive army to stop the Chinese backed by a massive population.

Japan on the other hand has only it's allies and technological supremacy to stop the Chinese and they are already being heavily challenged in that domain too.

There is a huge worry in Japan that senkaku islands will soon fall to the Chinese they are extremely close to the mainland and the Chinese can get there within an hour unlike japan.
Japanese Navy is huge af, they just have to get more Fighters for Airforce.

Knowitall

Japanese Navy is huge af, they just have to get more Fighters for Airforce.
Japanese navy ASW BMD and mine laying capabilities are extremely good.

Getting 12 p-8i was such a huge ASW leap for our navy then think about japan who has more than 80 of these craft constantly being upgraded and replaced and improved.

Their navy is I would say overall the most balanced and advanced in Asia while china is ahead in the number of ships it means very little when they have multiple fronts to deal with.

Chimpoo

Country flag
I don't understand this shit...if Germany is bad Murican ally cause it signed trade deal wid Chinese then what about Japan, Australia,south korea,new Zealand who signed RCEP.... Japan Australia are part of d quad but same time have favorable trade deals(rcep) wid Chinese..
It was mentioned in the article : but basically the falling out is all about Nord Stream 2 (the gas pipeline from Russia to Germany , which bypasses Ukraine) and the US wishing to control the world's energy supplies.

If previously the US wanted to control or shut down the supply of gas form Russia to Germany it could do so ,though it's Ukrainian proxy ,though which the previous pipelines passed though.. When Nord Stream 2 starts piping gas the Germany , the only non-economic way they could stop the supply of Russian gas to Germany ,is using the US navy to destroy the pipeline (ie militarily attack Germany).

Germany is the world's 4th largest economy and US protectorate(with over 30,000 American troops stationed there) US doesn't want Germany falling out its sphere of influence and the idea of escalating into open military hostilities is unthinkable. You can see German leadership's position ,though, They want long-term energy independence from the US and the pipeline provides it.

Nord Stream  0_gKXFWVWQ3RiUKxVX.gif

Nord stream...download.png

sunshine

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

When Does a Cyber Attack Become an ‘Act of War’?
no data breach was detected because of the attacks, India’s power ministry said on Monday in response to a story published in The New York Times that linked last year’s grid failure in Mumbai to the Chinese cyberattacks

The New York Times,This is only part of the war of public opinion waged by the United States against China. India was just brought along by the way

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Assuming those other forward positions to be Depsang and the rest, I don't think we are going to see Depsang resolved anytime soon and in any case both the IA and the GoI views it as a legacy issue that remained unsolved for a long time, however rightly pointed out there have been no updates on the other contested regions.
In any case I remember Gen Naravanne telling that the IA has strategies in place for resolving Depsang so we can probably wait and watch.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Assuming those other forward positions to be Depsang and the rest, I don't think we are going to see Depsang resolved anytime soon and in any case both the IA and the GoI views it as a legacy issue that remained unsolved for a long time, however rightly pointed out there have been no updates on the other contested regions.
In any case I remember Gen Naravanne telling that the IA has strategies in place for resolving Depsang so we can probably wait and watch.
But hasn't the top brass of the army said that the situation in Depsang is not related to this standoff? It is an old issue where they don't allow our patrol to go up to our claim line and similarly we don't allow theirs.

Cheran

Country flag
But hasn't the top brass of the army said that the situation in Depsang is not related to this standoff? It is an old issue where they don't allow our patrol to go up to our claim line and similarly we don't allow theirs.
Yes, they have.

Is hellfire referring to Depsang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles