India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Even those are vulnerable , i think some equipment even run on old windows 2000 .

israelis managed to destroy iranian siemens equipment which wasnt even connected to any network.

only protection is to have some offensive capability.
The point here is not hardening, but attaching costs for the Chinese actions. They're now facing a market-access denial from the fastest growing electrical grids that's also one of the world's top-4 in network size. I'm sure India has also invested heavily in cyber-security of the grids.

With Indian money, and having set up manufacturing here; companies like Toshiba, Hitachi, Siemens, etc., will be able to compete against Chinese vendors better, worldwide. They'll be able to compete both in scale and cost. The costs incurred to India in replacing Chinese equipment will be quickly recovered over time, as exports of these Made-in-India Toshiba/Hitachi products pick up.

Also, one of the reasons BEL stocks are rallying is because they're an active participant in the government's initiative of hardening/replacing all chinese technology in vital national infrastructure. Two key sectors are electrical grids and railways, while telecom/ISP infra is getting de-sinisized by the private sector (through unofficial bans on chicom firms like Huawei, ZTE, etc.). The military is a much smaller customer for BEL now.

israelis managed to destroy iranian siemens equipment which wasnt even connected to any network.
This isn't possible without OGWs.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
India won't get caught doing amature stuff. That's a given .

Iirc sometime back chinese themselves were crying about indian hacking . I posted about it . But hard to find that now.
Our cyber program is mainly focused towards military domain more precisely towards BMD capability. Recently one demonstration was successfully carried out.

mokoman

Country flag
The point here is not hardening, but attaching costs for the Chinese actions. They're now facing a market-access denial from the fastest growing electrical grids that's also one of the world's top-4 in network size. I'm sure India has also invested heavily in cyber-security of the grids.

With Indian money, and having set up manufacturing here; companies like Toshiba, Hitachi, Siemens, etc., will be able to compete against Chinese vendors better, worldwide. They'll be able to compete both in scale and cost. The costs incurred to India in replacing Chinese equipment will be quickly recovered over time, as exports of these Made-in-India Toshiba/Hitachi products pick up.
IMHO before a real war , they will try to take down our entire banking and power infrastructure.

i doubt our gov babus care about software security

Iirc sometime back chinese themselves were crying about indian hacking . I posted about it . But hard to find that now.
an indian company was caught hacking over 10000 email accounts for clients , so there is no shortage of knowhow, i think only issue is its not a priority.

chinese infrastructure is also shit, they were caught leaking survillence data on uighurs in xingiang.

IndianHawk

Country flag

Here it is

Cheran

Country flag

when will we do such things in China? We need to have a R&AW Cyber Espionage Wing responsible for Cyber Attacks on Adversaries.
Yes, and India immediately banned use of chinese equipment across the electrical grids. Why do you think you're seeing so many vague-sounding Toshiba and Hitachi ads on TV off late? It's because both are selling electrical grid equipment to discoms, replacing chinese shit. India is reselling this chicom shit to African countries on a discount. So chicom companies are getting cucked both ways (ban from India and competition in Africa).

Toshiba has a large factory about 60 km from Hyderabad, where it makes high-voltage transformers and smart-grid equipment. All its "smart" components come from Japan or Taiwan; all its non-smart components are made locally. Hitachi has a similar arrangement, with its factory located in Gujarat. Once both companies saturate the Indian market and are able to achieve good cost management, they'll compete with chinese companies in the Middle-Eastern and African markets.
India will not do cyber attacks, that’s a given.
I fail to understand as to what the thinking/mindset among our decision makers were when they cleared CCP power equipments. It is given that these thugs will have it littered with malware. You do not need that much brainpower to decode that.

These are the people that aid Pakistan's nuclear/missile program, give them real time intel, political/diplomatic support & not to mention the fact that we have had wars/border incursions from their side.

We were careless & had it coming.

GOI needs to understand that Cyber/Space is , in addition to being another domain just like Land/air/navy, the domain to which we are always connected to. (Mil + Civ).

Our Cyber capabilities are only modest. Needs to be shored up. More money/men needs to be allocated.

We cannot just allow our economy to grow & leave it almost undefended.

Sorry state of affairs is summarized below:-

1614577649002.png

1614577709782.png

1614577725602.png

1614577739640.png

At the moment we are very vulnerable.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
IMHO before a real war , they will try to take down our entire banking and power infrastructure.

i doubt our gov babus care about software security.
Power infrastructure is being hardened and de-sinosized on a war-footing. Cybersecurity is the number one investment priority for Indian banks, and they're spending big.

IndianHawk

Country flag

i doubt our gov babus care about software security

an indian company was caught hacking over 10000 email accounts for clients , so there is no shortage of knowhow, i think only issue is its not a priority.

chinese infrastructure is also shit, they were caught leaking survillence data on uighurs in xingiang.
Chinese don't easily accept their weekness . Even if India destroy their entire grid they will still hide it and call it local malfunction. Lol. Just like they are hiding their death toll galwan.

Funny things is their death toll is one of the few things in the entire world on which both American and russian intelligence agrees. ( 35+) and chinese only accept 4. Lmao.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I fail to understand as to what the thinking/mindset among our decision makers were when they cleared CCP power equipments. It is given that these thugs will have it littered with malware. You do not need that much brainpower to decode that.

These are the people that aid Pakistan's nuclear/missile program, give them real time intel, political/diplomatic support & not to mention the fact that we have had wars/border incursions from their side.

GOI needs to understand that Cyber/Space is , in addition to being another domain just like Land/air/navy, the domain to which we are always connected to. (Mil + Civ).

Our Cyber capabilities are only modest. Needs to be shored up. More money/men needs to be allocated.

View attachment 80115
View attachment 80116
View attachment 80117
View attachment 80118

Main problem was lack of finding but now it is being Expedited.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

View attachment 80115
View attachment 80116
View attachment 80117
View attachment 80118

when ever I see these kinds of rankings, the question I ask myself is “when it is almost always the case that foreign think tanks are so wrong about India on matters we are knowledgeable of, how are we sure they have enough information to arrive at these conclusions in this particular case ?” and when you add India today to this combination the question gets even more stronger, how accurate is information from the news organisation that started the Su-30 got shot down rumour during Abhinandan incident.

Cheran

Country flag
when ever I see these kinds of rankings, the question I ask myself is “when it is almost always the case that foreign think tanks are so wrong about India on matters we are knowledgeable of, how are we sure they have enough information to arrive at these conclusions in this particular case ?” and when you add India today to this combination the question gets even more stronger, how accurate is information from the news organisation that started the Su-30 got shot down rumour during Abhinandan incident.
Another one, from Print -

1614579108382.png

1614579135860.png

1614579150508.png

We *can* take external assessments with a pinch of salt, but let's ask the question -

Have we, taken enough measures at the cyber defense/offense level that would commensurate with our growing economy/strategic assets?

Yes, this is a wheel that needs to be looked in to 24*7 requiring manpower/money. Good to know that we are learning/refining.

Mods can move these discussions to the cyber warfare thread.

Foxbat

Country flag

Rudra7678

Country flag

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Nope, older the OS more people have tried their hands on hacking it.
I read somewhere that the older the OS are, more of its bugs and exploits are found and ironed out so the older ones becomes much more stable than newer ones.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Dude, seriously NO, go to exploit DB and you find exploits for EOL'ed OS that are not patched by the vendor, you just need to copy them use them.
Yeah, they've been EOL'd. Companies actually still offer support to millitaries on OS they have EOL'd for average users. The windows 2000 in some old consumer PC isn't the same as the windows 2000 running in some military programme.

But like I said, I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles