India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
No need to invest, just import directly.
China Back as Top India Trade Partner Even as Relations Sour

India continues to rely heavily on Chinese-made heavy machinery, telecom equipment and home appliances. As a result, the bilateral trade gap with China was at almost $40 billion in 2020, making it India’s largest.

Total imports from China at $58.7 billion (2% of China's total exports)were more than India’s combined purchases from the U.S. and the U.A.E, which are its second- and third-largest trade partners, respectively. Heavy machinery imports accounted for 51% of India’s purchases from its neighbor.

That said, India did manage to lower imports from its Asian neighbor amid demand disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic. The South Asian nation also managed to increase its exports to China by about 11% from a year ago to $19 billion last year
View attachment 79507
There is something called public opinion we are not in favour of buying thing's which are made in China and technically people now want to buy make in india products when they have given a option.
The average consumer don't want Chinese products. But we are forced to buy equipments and raw materials from China.
But over the period of time india is definitely looking forward to reduce it's import from China. If we can ban multiple billion $ worth Chinese companies in india or reject Chinese investment in banking sector then you should not be happy of trade deficit with india because in few years it's bound to change.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
View attachment 79493

i usually don't go after anybody's looks but their superiority complex is mind-boggling.

just look at them, they don't even look like men and they think they r the world's finest male specimen! and their noodle-thin necks... disturbing. how does anyone be attracted to these weirdos?
This superior looking race is ruled by ccp. Just one reason..these superior body looks like ladyboy and not produce much testosterone.

Suhaldev

Country flag
Bhutan coup seemed to be missed by us

Deadtrap

Country flag
😀 i didnt know you could get free good quality images from planetlabs

@mist_consecutive did you know that

check out https://www.planet.com/explorer

quality is waay better than sentinel
Well I have unlimited student access to Planet labs database with max 3m resolution images similar to Sentinel. A normal account will expire in 14 days.

My personal observation for Planet Labs vs Sentinel :

1. Planet Labs image sensors are poor in rendering Mud colour tones (Ladakh landscape) in comparison to Sentinel. So when it comes to observing Ladakh, I prefer Sentinel in which you can distinguish between two different objects easily.

2. Planet Labs sensor are very good with Green tones + the satellite has high return rate for any given area compared to Sentinel so this makes North East India observation very convenient.
Satellite return rate plays a very critical role for the north east states because this region is covered with clouds most of the time. So more images in database = More Keepers. Therefore I prefer Planet Labs for NE India.

Luckily I have my old University email ID still active, so I applied for their University research program hence better access to their DB.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

Someone explain to me the logic of Vaccine diplomacy. These ungrateful countries will buy our vaccines and keep on supporting anti-India elements, we achieve nothing. We are making a fool of ourselves, better supply them to the private sector hospitals so that more Indians can get vaccinated quickly.

srevster

Country flag

Someone explain to me the logic of Vaccine diplomacy. These ungrateful countries will buy our vaccines and keep on supporting anti-India elements, we achieve nothing. We are making a fool of ourselves, better supply them to the private sector hospitals so that more Indians can get vaccinated quickly.
It's a private company right? What does the government have to do with it?

doreamon

Country flag

pure business . People wont take vaccine in large numbers in india as of now when covid seems to be subsiding . We have to keep the industry running . We gifted vaccine along proper training to their medical staff . Now they have got used .. And they ll buy vaccine produced in india .For exp srilanka ordered 13.5 mil indian vaccine rejecting chinese one . Though profit ll be with serum i think lower price of vaccine purchased by GOI is somewht related to that .....
second we produce 60% of world vaccine and we are leader of generic medicine ... We cnt deny it at the time of need ... Because if we do someone else ll fill the vacuum and we ll loose long term business .

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
pure business . People wont take vaccine in large numbers in india as of now when covid seems to be subsiding . We have to keep the industry running . We gifted vaccine along proper training to their medical staff . Now they have got used .. And they ll buy vaccine produced in india .For exp srilanka ordered 13.5 mil indian vaccine rejecting chinese one . Though profit ll be with serum i think lower price of vaccine purchased by GOI is somewht related to that .....
second we produce 60% of world vaccine and we are leader of generic medicine ... We cnt deny it at the time of need ... Because if we do someone else ll fill the vacuum and we ll loose long term business .
Also, Serum institute sloths have not yet released efficacy data from the Indian bridging trial.. So, there can be no general availability till then, only emergency authorization.. Covaxin efficacy data would be released in 2 weeks, as per Bharat Biotech

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
It's a private company right? What does the government have to do with it?
Yeah but GoI controls who gets the vaccine.

People will take it if it is available. But govt. is strictly controlling the vaccine and providing only frontline workers, then old people, etc. in phases. So common folks might not even get the vaccine even by the end of this year.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Looks like chicoms are actively fanning an anti-India sentiment on its social media. Parallel to this, they're "welcoming" India hosting the BRICS summit. Despite clarity on Depsang, India is beginning to clear Chinese FDI.

So was this disengagement a ruse to let in Chinese FDI, so hostilities could resume later?

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Looks like chicoms are actively fanning an anti-India sentiment on its social media. Parallel to this, they're "welcoming" India hosting the BRICS summit. Despite clarity on Depsang, India is beginning to clear Chinese FDI.

So was this disengagement a ruse to let in Chinese FDI, so hostilities could resume later?

That was fake news.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
WTF....
If it's true it's huge......😀
Unlikely. You've to start guessing why PLA released Galwan footage in the first place. They want to vitiate the atmosphere in which further rounds of talks over the Depsang/Hot Springs pullback can be discussed, so it remains in limbo, and PLA stays put. They are baiting Indian Army to release its own footage. I'm sure that as if on cue, Congress will demand Indian footage in the coming days.

saneel2014

Country flag
Get ready fellas

Fake or real ???

They will start "leaking" pics, i hope our side release some pics as well.

from https://twitter.com/evazhengll
I got it back in September....it seems to be real...it was posted by PLA linked account yellow cloud back in September start...don't think PLA stages this things...must be real because PLA had IA captives from galwan fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles