India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
I know it is a noob question , but why can't we use Chinese road for patrolling till F-8 ? Is there some agreement that prevents it ?
Motorable road ends at a little base slightly ahead of finger 3 beyond which has to be travelled by foot upto finger 8 whereas the Chinese have motorable roads right up to finger 4 which they built during the Kargil war.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
:rofl:80 chines vs 600 indians.is this KungFu Panda movie,n u drove Indians away.Do CCP think the Chines will accept this Sci Fi story
They will accept this story.

For decades, the CCP has been making films about hundreds of Japanese getting slaughtered by few Chinese flying through air with kung Fu and stuff. At this point, their brain is melted with that stuff like Pakis.

Chinese aren't nearly as skeptical as you are thinking them to be. Those who melt their brains are rewarded, those who aren't are punished.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
So basically we are at natural disadvantage to approach F4 and nothing can be done ?
Yes.

There is an agreement to not use heavy machinery like bulldozers and stuff in place that prevents us from leveling the area too, afaik. Besides, with the heavy snowfall and volatile geologics of the area, I don't think a completely artificial road will survive there.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Yes.

There is an agreement to not use heavy machinery like bulldozers and stuff in place that prevents us from leveling the area too, afaik. Besides, with the heavy snowfall and volatile geologics of the area, I don't think a completely artificial road will survive there.
So even Chinese have to travel by feet to approach F2 or they don't come beyond F4 ?

Gandaberunda

Country flag
So basically we are at natural disadvantage to approach F4 and nothing can be done ?
Yes we are at disadvantage moving on the banks of lake albeit f3-f4 but during this standoff its said IA reached near to F6 Chinese base and till F8 trekking from rare of fingers ridges. We can't use motorable vehicles beyond F3 untill we blast/ tunnel the f4 hill and make way beyond. Also this natural disadvantage Chinese couldn't build any infra f4-f2 which they claim

Sehwag213

Country flag
Yes we are at disadvantage moving on the banks of lake albeit f3-f4 but during this standoff its said IA reached near to F6 Chinese base and till F8 trekking from rare of fingers ridges. We can't use motorable vehicles beyond F3 untill we blast/ tunnel the f4 hill and make way beyond. Also this natural disadvantage Chinese couldn't build any infra f4-f2 which they claim
Is there are any video showing the topography of F1-F8 ?

mokoman

Country flag
Do you have image/screenshot of road / space available?
its in video , check below

Also here is us patrolling and reaching some where between F6 and F7 , its from feb-march 2020 i think

We got stopped , we were on foot , they are on vehicles , then there is whole flag dance.

Then we went back.

This is location i believe

old.png

above vid is from around feb 2020 ( i think ) , if it is then we never able to reach even F8.

:troll: now niether can Chinese , so win win.

Same thing in galwan valley as well.

:hmm: IMHO they can dam and flood the valley any time , which means we cant patrol or build anything there.

But now its buffer zone , so win for us.

Last edited:

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Is there are any video showing the topography of F1-F8 ?
I don't know but if you see maps Google earth/ planet labs and leaked pics you get the hill tracks... Even the galwan river valley skirmish IA trekked the steep ridges from our side along LAC and surprised chinks...

Sehwag213

Country flag
its in video , check below

Also here is us patrolling and reaching some where between F6 and F7 , its from feb-march 2020 i think

We got stopped , we were on foot , they are on vehicles , then there is whole flag dance.

Then we went back.

This is location i believe

View attachment 79228

above vid is from around feb 2020 ( i think ) , if it is then we never able to reach even F8.

:troll: now niether can Chinese , so win win.

Same thing in galwan valley as well.

:hmm: IMHO they can dam and flood the valley any time , which means we cant patrol or build anything there.

But now its buffer zone , so win for us.
So F4-F8 was disputed area between both sides earlier also . So prior to Galwan valley clash what was so special this time that entire dispute blew up ? 🤔

Sehwag213

Country flag
Indian patrols were stopped beyond F4. Massive increase in structures by PLA.

India was not prepared to accept this like in 2013. So it blew up.
So basically PLA came to reinforce their 1959 claim line

Cheran

Country flag
So basically PLA came to reinforce their 1959 claim line
Strategic aim of CCP/PLA in orchestrating the border issue this time is still being discussed/debated. Reasons attributed are:-

1. Cut India down to size in "standing" & show the world who is the real boss in these parts thereby sending another message to US of A
2. Impose additional economic burden on India (CoVID being the first one)
3. Try to make India reduce spending on Navy so that PLAN have more breathing space in IOR
4. Impose a cost of India, provide dialogue as a respite & bargain for BRI
5. Xi trying to shore up internal support
6. Plain stupid move by CCP
7. Tactical mistake by PLA that blew up
8. Put military pressure on India for border concessions
9. Put military pressure on India for border infrastructure development freeze/rollback
10. Preempt any future moves on POK

sorcerer

Country flag
Solar-Heated Tent For Indian Army: Sonam Wanghchuk, The Real-life Phunsukh Wangdu's Innovative Gift For Jawans in Ladakh | PICS Inside
New Delhi:
Sonam Wanghchuk, the man behind the character of ‘Phunsukh Wangdu’ in the Bollywood blockbuster ‘3 Idiots’ has found a solution to keep the Army jawans stationed in the Ladakh region warm. Well, he has built a solar-powered portable military tent for the soldiers that could accommodate 10 jawans at a time. The weight of the tent is said to be less than 30 kilos.
“SOLAR HEATED MILITARY TENT for Indian Army at Galwan Valley +15 C at 10 pm now. Min outside last night was -14 C, Replaces tons of kerosesne, pollution climate change. For 10 jawans, fully portable all parts weigh less than 30 Kgs”, he tweeted. Also Read - Coronavirus Outbreak: Aamir Khan Urges Chinese Fans to Take Precautions, Follow Government Instructions

1613927204567.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles