India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspirant847

Country flag
Satyavachan. However, things might change among the average China man after this incident. They are definitely PISSED off with this incident. I have always been a proponent of the theory that India and China can become allies someday in the future, when we are just as strong as them, economically and militarily(2035-2040?). Until then, we will always be in a state of major conflict, and we must treat China as Enemy No.1. I had recently posted about why the CCP leadership doesn't hate India, like Pak jernails. They want a conflict to divert our attention from our Navy and our Economy, to prevent us from becoming as strong as them. The Chinese believe that India is the only threat to them, much bigger than the US. A recently leaked Chinese military document confirmed this:

https://www.thehindu.com/news/inter...es-to-chinas-border-moves/article33831037.ece
definitely the video is made to garner the support of their population, if we were shown such a video of our forces we would hate a lot and unite for that cause.

there are rumors of political instability in the ruling party

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
People at SDF are comparing that editor's arrest with Disha Ravi case.
Yeah a lot of people are pissed with the arrest. They are asking of the gormint is so weak to arrest an editor who said the truth. A lot of people are hardcore simping for the necksnaps, while attacking the PLA and CCP. Nice. Let them realize why we have a democracy.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Dont base your judgement of chinese on defense forums cyber troopers.

By far, most Chinese are not bothered about Indians (they see it as a distantly entity), their focus is on Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

In fact I would argue culturally, our values are closer to Chinese ideologies (taoaism, confuciusim, and shared Buddhist heritage) than the Abrahamics.

Our fight is purely against CCP running on the goal of subjugating India.
I think this is an optimistic wish on our part, much like we try to separate extremist Pakistanis from nice Pakistanis by Aman Ka tamasha.

CCP comes from Chinese people. Their leaders to cadre are Chinese. PLA is Chinese. The present generations have fully marinated in CCP propaganda and views.

It's probably best not to have a false dichotomy of not having problem with Chinese people but only with CCP when CCP itself is made of Chinese people. Each bullet, each hurt they laid on our soldiers came from the hands of some normal Chinese growing up in some Chinese village or town. Xi and his politburo members didn't come to hurt them, normal Chinese did.

Indrajit

Country flag
The only thing I can say about that video, if it is true that it is part of the galwan clash and especially if it’s after the CO was attacked, there is no way that only 4 Chinese died there. The size of the group and the aggressiveness of the soldiers would have led to an huge clash, assuming that the Chinese were in similar numbers.

Indrajit

Country flag
I have always been a proponent of the theory that India and China can become allies someday in the future, when we are just as strong as them, economically and militarily(2035-2040?).
...and why would the Chinese wait for you to be their equals? I have never understood this fervent wishing for an alliance with the Chinese by some Indians. Looks all wooly headed to me. The Chinese see us as interlopers in their time under the sun, no way will they willingly share space with us. They have just shown their contempt for India and Modi and tried putting us “in our place”.......Not the first time they have done it either. We only have two options, either stand firm and face off or turn and bend over.

Last edited:

HawkisRight

Country flag
...and why would the Chinese wait for you to be their equals? I have never understood this fervent wishing for an alliance with the Chinese by some Indians. Looks all wooly headed to me. The Chinese see as interlopers in their time under the sun, no way will they willingly share space with us. They have just shown their contempt for India and Modi and tried putting us “in our place”.......Not the first time they have done it either. We only have two options, either stand firm and face off or turn and bend over.
U missed his point..ally is not in d sense but like partners where we can work together where interests converge when both countries have economic, military strength parity...but Tough to achieve such partnership between both imo..ally is grey term look at usa isreal.. Muricans tried to fcuk Isrealis under obama so Isrealis returned d favour by screwing Muricans nd sold hardware to chinks..at d end of the day its all about if interests converge

vasusuman

Country flag
Chinese people i found to be softer towards Indians. Koreans,Japanese n Chinese are connected to each other.Indians dont find prominence in their daily talks as much.
They r money minded true. They dont see India as threat.They are like Marwaris of India.Other then Gujaratis,they run small n big businesses from East Asia to Africa.Be it Indonesia,remote areas of Africa -they r there running businesses.I found Koreans n Thai to be more rude when talking - they look down upon us.Even the Japanese r racist and have superiority feeling.Now they r growing respect towards Indians.Indonesians were in love with us.Indian operas run there.DDLJ was v popular n they could recite its dialogues.

The opponents of the present Chinese premier,old Communists,were close to Dalai Lama.Thats what Dalai Lama claims and is overtly receiving their support.

No of Weibo users spewing venom are small percentage of Chinese.Once the border issue dies down,things will be normal.

But Not CCP.Their aim is global.We r not their primary targets but yes we r an obstacle to their aim n they would like to slow our economy/our growth n keep us in check.So,their interference will not stop.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
IMO knowing GoI we won't release anything.

One great thing about this video is, we seldom get to see the aggressive nature of IA. But damn, when things get serious, it is a complete tandav !
Chinks released their video at the right moment.. i.e.After the completion of first phase of disengagement. If released before, India would have released its own videos, as India never had much hopes about China disengaging.. But, after the first phase of disengagement, China has acquired more credibility, and India would believe that China might disengage in other places too, and would avoid ruffling Chinese feathers..
Releasing, the video after the full disengagement, might also have encouraged India to release videos, since, India had already achieved status quo ante..

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think this is an optimistic wish on our part, much like we try to separate extremist Pakistanis from nice Pakistanis by Aman Ka tamasha.

CCP comes from Chinese people. Their leaders to cadre are Chinese. PLA is Chinese. The present generations have fully marinated in CCP propaganda and views.

It's probably best not to have a false dichotomy of not having problem with Chinese people but only with CCP when CCP itself is made of Chinese people. Each bullet, each hurt they laid on our soldiers came from the hands of some normal Chinese growing up in some Chinese village or town. Xi and his politburo members didn't come to hurt them, normal Chinese did.
It's not optimistic, it's foolish. This is the non-sense that drove the aman ki aasha drama, where the Porkie establishment kept waging asymmetric war on us and at the same time using civil relations to temper India's response.

The government is if the people since they are living under it. The people of China have not overthrow their genocidal government, which means they are either unable to or unwilling to. For us, it's the same.

We have nothing to gain by trying to demarcate the people from the government. It's not is the Chinese people are going to rise and throw their CCP oppressors into the sea.

Anyway, for the most part Indian and Chinese people think very little about each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles