India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
As the things are unfolding currently, the Chinese campaign in Ladakh is turning out to be a big blunder, I am afraid.
  • The only marginal territory gained in finger areas, they gave up and made it a no man's land. People saying we gave up our claim of area, we used to patrol till F8, do not live in reality. Chinese had motorable road till F4 base and our patrols were always intercepted. So China basically gave up their stronghold on F4-F8, while we had weak to no control on the territory after F4.
  • Tried to ambush our soldiers at Galwan, but ended up with more casualties, broken necks, and a general aversion towards fighting Indian soldiers.
  • Gave us an excuse to speed up border infrastructure development.
  • Reminded us who is the real enemy, now our military doctrine will be China-centric rather than Pakistan-centric.
  • Sped up our military modernization and indigenization push.
In all, the mighty dragon image of China has been broken.
I am praying however that the Indian establishment hurries with its procurement of BMP replacement (WHaP or something) and a medium weight tank (Arjun as good as it is in the plains of Rajasthan is too heavy for the mountain). Fast!

IndiaRising

Country flag
People here asking for a complete Chinese pullout from Aksai Chin in exchange for South Pangong Tso, need to sniff some reality powder.

First of all, Gogra, DBO & Depsang, there is no new incursion. Only troop build-up on border areas, and we have mirrored them with our own deployment. So a mutual pull-back can be negotiated, and if not, we can just dig in and use that excuse to keep building infrastructure. It's a no-win, no-loss situation.

For Depsang plains & Y junction, its story is the same as that of finger 5 & 6. In the pre-2014 era, we did not even care to patrol there, and the Chinese used this advantage. So a pre-2020 April status quo, as being negotiated does not contain Chinese leaving Y-junction in our jurisdiction.

This somewhat worries me that we won't be able to match their speed of deployment in the future, hence we should not have pulled back.
doesnt matter when the incursion took place. if you hold a key advantage, its best not to let it go until you have extracted the maximum out of your enemy for it.

The current Chinese formations in the Depsang Plains poses an active threat to us, if and when war breaks out.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
😀 Sino forums are already pissed about disengagement plan as it appears on indian news media.

They don't believe it.
If Chinese do take down all structure on top of F4 , meltdown will be glorious. :troll:

Mighty han army with DEW , drones, robots beaten by lower caste yindu army . Their brains wont be able to comprehend it , LOL.
That's why inbreds are desperate.

BlackViking

Country flag
@mokoman @Apollo @HariPrasad-1 @BlackViking @sorcerer @Nationalist Manasvi Papa @DownWithCCP
@Maharaj samudragupt
I have been saying this since June now.. But I am going to write it once again !!! :dude:

What did exactly the Chinks tried to achieve here??

Salami slicing.. Nah !!! Did they expected that Indian leadership will pull up a buffet line for them..:facepalm:

Or, the plan was for GB...Which is far fetched as it seems.. Or, make India to spend more money on IA & IAF rather than on Navy.. Or, simply draw the world's attention from covid?....Or, to draw the attention of their own people from covid??? God knows what their intention was??:crazy::crazy:

And as I already said here before. Something is seriously wrong with their leadership these days.. It seems that they don't have the grasp of reality. :notsure:

If "Teach India a lesson" was the primary objective then I will say that they failed miserably..:truestory:

Marne aaye the aur maar kha kar gaye...:megusta:

I still remember the sayings of a Porki expert after the Galwan clash... "Even Terrorists do better ambush than this"... Finally after all these years of hate.. I agree with a Porki on one thing atleast. :hehe:

The only recorded victory of last year for Winnie the Flu was US elections..:dude:

View attachment 78312
Well many of the points have been discussed already but I will prefer to wait. We are talking about the bat-munchers and no way will they leave like this. A new situation has already developed in Burma and add to this new fuel for 0.5 front in form of Labor Laws and CAA implementation.

If this retreat is genuine then the only reason I can think of is extinction of bats in PRC in tandem with failure of Uber delivery drones (I mean drones were supposed to deliver food for chong conscripts but they were themselves getting ferried on donkeys😂).

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
We claim till F8, used to patrol till there

CCP used to patrol F4 )if i am not mistaken)

Now India cannot patrol beyond F4 due to agreement.

Also, CCP cannot patrol beyond F8 due to agreement.

So, if using that line of logic, we have also restricted CCP to F8, or let me use the word used in that tweet, we have also pushed CCP to F8.

This is basically going back to their Pre April 2020 position. The Zone between Finger 4 and 8 where both the army used to petrol is converted into No petrol Zone. This is No win no loose situation. However, we should not let our advantage go in Kailash range and southern Pangong TSO.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
‘One bullet, one target’ training at Indo-US exercise | Jaipur News - Times of India

"one bullet one chinese".. lolwa!!
The motto is actually: एक गोली, एक दुश्मन!

A man can change the course of war with a bullet in the right place. The Indian Army trains to attain perfection with a motto of ‘Ek Goli Ek Dushman’, for which hundreds of hours of training goes into this.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
is it true?
This jackass doesn't know WTF he's talking about! The Indian base camp of the ITBP was always at Finger 3. The forward PP was West of Finger 4. Patrolling used to be carried out till Finger 8 till the Chinese recently built semi-permanent infrastructure between Fingers 8 and 4. It was then that our patrolling up to Finger 8 was hindered.

Now the Chinese are to dismantle ALL their infrastructure between Fingers 4 and 8 which include living shelters, ammo dumps, artillery positions, armored vehicles used for patrolling, radar outpost, and so on. That is quite a pullback in this sub-sector. We on the other hand have maintained status quo and stayed put at Finger 3 as well as the PP West of Finger 4.

Regarding our patrolling, it will commence as soon as the disengagement is completed by the PLA here, as was being done earlier ie, up to our claim line which is Finger 8.

So, this idiot who tweeted needs to read the small print instead of crying like RaGa who doesn't know the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground! Jeeez!

sorcerer

Country flag
India developing 160 km-range Astra missile to get an edge over China, Pakistan

Seeking to score a long edge over its adversaries - China and Pakistan, India is developing the Astra Mark 2 missile which will allow its fighter aircraft to destroy enemy planes from 160 kms in aerial combat, senior defence official said.

Astra is a beyond visual range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM), which flies over four times the speed of sound at Mach 4.5, and efforts are now on to integrate the over 100 km strike range missile on the indigenous fighter aircraft LCA Tejas, sources said.

The all-weather day and night capable Astra, which currently has a strike range of around 100-km, will eventually replace the expensive Russian, French and Israeli BVRAAMs that are currently imported to arm IAF fighters, sources added.

"The missile’s trials are set to begin from September this year and will be completed by the next year. Astra Mark 2 would give India an edge over its adversaries - Pakistan and China. We are hoping to see the missile fully developed by 2022,” senior defence officials told India Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles