India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrajit

Country flag
Chinese know what's happening at the border, Pakis will know it by default. What are we trying to gain by hiding everything from public?

Nithin Gokle can keep shilling for GoI. When shit hits the fan, it will blow up on PM face. Public will vent it on political party. Win - win for everyone involved.

Meanwhile our defence forums and twitter community will shill for everything mediocre and declare Modi as big villain/failure.
The same reason we don't get to know most things that happen on LoC. All such matters are controlled till seen fit to release. No one wants to give a cricket commentary like reports in an ongoing situation. They wait till the matter is stabilised before leaking any report or commenting.

Btw, no one is going to tell the Pakistanis everything, the Chinese too need to understand how a situation is shaping up before making it more widely known. Pakistanis will be the last on their list if that, to be told in these types of localised skirmishes.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
As I said already what we get to know on LAC and chinese border is under reported and down played version of GoI. Present situation and actual news might creep out after somedays
So basically you are guessing?

Apollo

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So basically you are guessing?
Nope, there is Unconfirmed report says the situation is not under control in Naku La. Backup forces added on enemy side to match own forces. Face to face situation nothing eased yet.

another_armchair

Country flag
Amidst all this, I wonder how this wasn't posted.

Personnel of the two million-strong Chinese military would get a 'bumper' 40 per cent pay hike from this year as part of the efforts by the ruling Communist Party led by President Xi Jinping to transform the "bloated" People's Liberation Army into a "more modern, nimble fighting force".

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Hmm by giving Maha Vir Chakra(war-time award) the government has only stopped short of publicly declaring war time. This is probably the closest to a war we have ever been and the kind of tight lipped trickle of information, nobody apart from the GoI and the three services know what actually is happening and what the current scenario is

DivineLight

The same reason we don't get to know most things that happen on LoC. All such matters are controlled till seen fit to release. No one wants to give a cricket commentary like reports in an ongoing situation. They wait till the matter is stabilised before leaking any report or commenting.
GoI/Army/MEA released zilch last year. Everything was vague and unclear. But everyone in defence community knows what happened. What strategic objective achieved by withholding information?

To clarify I am not asking for day to day commentary. We have to handle misinfo too you know.
Btw, no one is going to tell the Pakistanis everything, the Chinese too need to understand how a situation is shaping up before making it more widely known. Pakistanis will be the last on their list if that, to be told in these types of localised skirmishes.
Sure. That's what happens anyway.

mokoman

Country flag
reminds me of the time @another_armchair had told us about high intensity ops taking place against naxals and other elements in northeast where we had faced a few casualties. He was indeed right about these claims but we were unable to verify if chinese troops were also present with these groups.
I am guessing he was talking about PLA insurgent group , that PLA is not bat soup PLA.

:lawl: both retards have same name.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
reminds me of the time @another_armchair had told us about high intensity ops taking place against naxals and other elements in northeast where we had faced a few casualties. He was indeed right about these claims but we were unable to verify if chinese troops were also present with these groups.
haha I remember, I asked for source there also, what he told was more or less true albeit a little exaggerated, I don't blame him though because no one can confirm for sure if PLA was operating with the insurgents.

Cruise missile

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So both chongs and their slaves are getting ass kicked I can under stand their Frustration. But it's not their fault IA is artist in both conventional and sub conventional warfare may be they should have consulted porkis.

Knowitall

I am guessing he was talking about PLA insurgent group , that PLA is not bat soup PLA.
Yea he was indeed talking about PLA the insurgent group but what he had also claimed back then was that chinese troops were operating inside these insurgent groups and direct contact and firefight had taken place between them and our troops. While we did get the news about our casualties with only vague details like death during ops and tempo of operations being increased greatly due to higher activity of insurgents we were never able to verify chinese troops were indeed operating with these insurgent groups or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles