India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadtrap

Country flag
The most comprehensive article on Himalayan region of Saltoro, Siachen, Rimo, Mamostong, Saser etc. India’s north most region.

Details of Peaks, Glacier,Passes etc.
For all those who love to stroll with maps and stuff.

D3ACE57F-1F75-42D6-A112-EF1C49DDE3C1.jpeg
F7E04B06-5246-4EF4-9497-32B095A9ED91.jpeg
516FA12D-6612-48B3-B8F8-7529DFB9B2EC.jpeg
215F6000-749F-4A75-B169-7F6583DE04F1.jpeg
1EBA6F73-3156-4A13-8811-928B3A019E93.jpeg
D176C33E-B201-4B98-9CE1-9875DD3441AE.jpeg
FA7462A3-DE16-4D43-8537-8500D7DC3EEB.jpeg
BC7C5175-38C9-4DD5-B60B-FB47016193F2.jpeg

Also Album of Siachen Glacier from Indian Army Heli pilot POV

664B35C4-3982-447B-B899-D5DBF37993EB.jpeg
27344880-B173-482D-A6FA-424B94B20794.jpeg

Last edited:

Ayushraj

Country flag

Indrajit

Country flag

PLA soldier handed over to China recently hadn’t strayed into India, says intel

Indian intelligence agencies have been able to spot movement of entities in the Daulet Beg Oldi (DBO) sector near Karakoram, the contested points on banks of Pangong Tso and across the LAC in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy

Indian intelligence agencies have been able to spot movement of entities in the Daulet Beg Oldi (DBO) sector near Karakoram, the contested points on banks of Pangong Tso and across the LAC in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.
You mean....we kidnapped

kidnapped.gif

mokoman

Country flag

Isnt this concerning ?

GOI says PLA soldier was disoriented , confused - no malicious intent , China also says same thing.

Intelligence officials then release truth , that they are probing , intruding on purpose .

Chinese catch a bunch of ladakhi kids then put up their pics , claim they were spies . we actually catch PLA spies - no photos , nothing revealed. 2 PLA soldiers released without any noise .

GOI seems to trying its best to keep China calm and put up fake narrative that everything is a ok.

Reality maybe further intrusions by PLA in AP , Sikkim and eastern ladakh in May , leading to full shoot out war.

Last edited:

Blank

Country flag
I am pretty new here. So I might not know much.

Since the Chinese are building permanent roads till finger 4. What stops us from building our own roads (and going full Bob the Builder) in our forward areas?

I reckon building roads, setting up permanent shelters will reduce their reaction time vis-vis ours, might also reduce logistic cost.

Did we already have requisite infra? Or we never cared(and still aren't caring about it)?

DownWithCCP

Country flag

Since the Chinese are building permanent roads till finger 4. What stops us from building our own roads (and going full Bob the Builder) in our forward areas?

I reckon building roads, setting up permanent shelters will reduce their reaction time vis-vis ours, might also reduce logistic cost.

Did we already have requisite infra? Or we never cared(and still aren't caring about it)?
Well we had people like the previous Defense Minister(UPA era) claiming on the house of the parliament that border infrastructure development is bad for us because if we develop roads it becomes easier for the Chinese to do more salami slicing, with an attitude like that no significant infrastructure projects or road development took place and the result of which is for everybody to see. Politicians and officials often cited XYZ agreement between India and China as an excuse for not developing things along the border as any such construction was viewed as "violating the sanctity of LAC", and as expected China did not give a rat's ass about any such agreement and continued to do what it did. The current dispensation has realized the importance of border infrastructure after the Doklam crisis, The Border Roads Organization(BRO) was revitalized and set to work, the Chinese incursions into Indian territory in early May only strengthened the resolve to continue to support development projects in the forward area, of course we are lagging behind and will have to play catch up now. Development of infrastructure along the border was discussed as one of the reasons why China made those incursions in the month of May last year.

I suggest you to check the youtube channel of StratNewsGlobal for more information regarding this subject.

mokoman

Country flag

we do have roads upto ITBP camp at base of i think finger 3.

Reason for not building up infra i believe is money, bureaucracy and the belief that Chinese could use said roads to invade us.

Well we had people like the previous Defense Minister(UPA era) claiming on the house of the parliament that border infrastructure development is bad for us because if we develop roads it becomes easier for the Chinese to do more salami slicing, with an attitude like that no significant infrastructure projects or road development took place and the result of which is for everybody to see. Politicians and officials often cited XYZ agreement between India and China as an excuse for not developing things along the border as any such construction was viewed as "violating the sanctity of LAC", and as expected China did not give a rat's ass about any such agreement and continued to do what it did. The current dispensation has realized the importance of border infrastructure after the Doklam crisis, The Border Roads Organization(BRO) was revitalized and set to work, the Chinese incursions into Indian territory in early May only strengthened the resolve to continue to support development projects in the forward area, of course we are lagging behind and will have to play catch up now. Development of infrastructure along the border was discussed as one of the reasons why China made those incursions in the month of May last year.

I suggest you to check the youtube channel of StratNewsGlobal for more information regarding this subject.
Well we had people like the previous Defense Minister(UPA era) claiming on the house of the parliament that border infrastructure development is bad for us because if we develop roads it becomes easier for the Chinese to do more salami slicing

:yawn: he did'nt say we should'nt build infra at LAC , he said that was the previous policy for decades , which was why chinese was ahead of us in terms of infrastructure.

He said our infra building was reason for the 2013 standoff.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
we do have roads upto ITBP camp at base of i think finger 3.

Reason for not building up infra i believe is money, bureaucracy and the belief that Chinese could use said roads to invade us.

Well we had people like the previous Defense Minister(UPA era) claiming on the house of the parliament that border infrastructure development is bad for us because if we develop roads it becomes easier for the Chinese to do more salami slicing

:yawn: he did'nt say we should'nt build infra at LAC , he said that was the previous policy for decades , which was why chinese was ahead of us in terms of infrastructure.

He said our infra building was reason for the 2013 standoff.
Reiterating the policy and not making changes is equivalent to accepting the policy, he claimed of playing catch up, it seems like for some reason we never caught up all these years, an inefficient BRO was his responsibility to fix but he did not do it was it because he was reiterating the policy or was it because he was accepting it?

mokoman

Country flag
Reiterating the policy and not making changes is equivalent to accepting the policy, he claimed of playing catch up, it seems like for some reason we never caught up all these years, an inefficient BRO was his responsibility to fix but he did not do it was it because he was reiterating the policy or was it because he was accepting it?
He publicily stated the stark reality and what needed to done .

Its not just about the Chinese . correct me if am wrong but there is still no all weather road to Tawang , parts of AP . meaning these areas get cut off from india during winter .

Its not only that but Zojila and atal tunnel should have been completed decades earlier.

This is nothing but poor governance , IMHO "chinese invasion" is just an excuse.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
He publicily stated the stark reality and what needed to done .

Its not just about the Chinese . correct me if am wrong but there is still no all weather road to Tawang , parts of AP . meaning these areas get cut off from india during winter .
And still did not do it.
This is nothing but poor governance , IMHO "chinese invasion" is just an excuse.
That is what I was pointing at, classic Indian bureaucracy, incompetence hidden by jargon and nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles