India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Building hundreds of civilian settlements very near to a military border post is a psychological warfare by CCP. Slowly and steadily CCPs massive "civilian" relocation drive seen, this enables PLA a concrete claim over the land and locals act as first surveillance body.
Question, is GOI planning to build up similar infrastructure & relocate local population into border areas or succumb to chinese pressure
Chinese are doing this so that the area is transformed into a "settled area" and settled areas are not up for negotiation during a border deal..

Apollo

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
relax bro , you are saying like this is a new thing. They have been slicing since decades. pretty much in evey standoff with chinese we have lost lands or access to the land.
More importantly the unpleasant fact is they continue to grab land without facing a fight. Chenes not agreeing for a clear demarcation at LAC is an added advantage. Blaming past govt and blunders is not the ideal forward policy. I see many nationalists conveniently ignoring the present short comings of GoI and sweep it under carpet. Pangong Tso salami slicing is not the past situation. If chenes don't follow protocols then why follow rules. Reciprocate the enemy make him bleed the way is the only forward policy.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Chinese are doing this so that the area is transformed into a "settled area" and settled areas are not up for negotiation during a border deal..
There can be another angle to this.. That the Chinese have been badly shaken by Doklam, and more so by Ladakh confrontation.. after India showed the middle finger to the middle kingdom. They are no longer confident that they can apply military pressure on India, and force India to concede in the economic or geopolitical sphere, and hence want to have a border settlement with India, in the near future. That they are rapidly settling civilians in captured areas, means they want to lock in their gains before the final deal..

Last edited:

Apollo

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There can be another angle to this.. That the Chinese have been badly shaken by Doklam, and more so by Ladakh confrontation.. after India showed the middle finger to the middle kingdom. They are no longer confident that they can apply military on India, and force India to concede in the economic or geopolitical sphere, and hence want to have a border settlement with India, in the near future. That they are rapidly settling civilians in captured areas, means they want to lock in their gains before the final deal..
China has no land claim that can be backed by international law. But by populating uninhabited but strategically important areas through construction of artificial new villages, it is seeking to invoke international law. This explains its village-building spree in the Himalayas.

Abhay Rajput 02

More importantly the unpleasant fact is they continue to grab land without facing a fight. Chenes not agreeing for a clear demarcation at LAC is an added advantage. Blaming past govt and blunders is not the ideal forward policy. I see many nationalists conveniently ignoring the present short comings of GoI and sweep it under carpet. Pangong Tso salami slicing is not the past situation. If chenes don't follow protocols then why follow rules. Reciprocate the enemy make him bleed the way is the only forward policy.
let me be clear first - i have already said modi back down last year . but there is also no doubt he had acted strongly in comparison to previous leaders . do you know what we did in the past - we opened our economy to them, gave them billions of dollars and in return they took our territory . we even destoryed some of our post in 2013 in our own territory. this time we are investing heavily in border areas since quite some time . infrastructure is getting better, roads are coming up. as far as fighting goes our babus will not allow that to happen. they will put the fear of seat into our politicans minds. afterall you need to realise modi is a politican and seat is primary objective. i mean they havent even allow us to fight pakis even at loc.
lastly we can never match weapon to weapon wrt to chinese. so better to build more nukes rather than this. this should be our strategy . otherwise we will continue to loose land wherever army isnt present and there are literally many places like that. if you look at fishook in arunachal , its tells a very intresting story

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Wait for MEA to come out with their own story. Don't be surprised if MEA & RM says no intrusion in AP. MSM not picking up this intrusion seriously explains this part of land is already handedover to CCP as a goodwill gesture without any fight.
People have discussed this area many times .
Thank chacha jaan for that sirji , some areas never came back from nefp just like in cashmere.

mokoman

Country flag
For those who live in denial a precise msg from Hellfire ji
If GoI has abandoned the position that the border is demarcated along watershed as given by McMahon Line, then it may as well sue for peace and settle the border based on AGPL.

The reality is GOI has abandoned McMahon line and Aksai Chin, its just that we haven't gotten the message yet.

MEA statement pretty much confirms it . They cant even be bothered to make a protest statement.

That the place in question is Indian Territory and China should immediately cease all activity there.

Which is what China would have done if we were building villages.

:yawn: i mean whens last time MEA said "Aksai Chin is an integral and inseparable part of india"

😭 earlier they used to say 2-3 times a year , then 1 , now nothing.

its all peace and tranquality at LAC now

Its like ... like they dont even care any more .

Apollo

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If GoI has abandoned the position that the border is demarcated along watershed as given by McMahon Line, then it may as well sue for peace and settle the border based on AGPL.

The reality is GOI has abandoned McMahon line and Aksai Chin, its just that we haven't gotten the message yet.

MEA statement pretty much confirms it . They cant even be bothered to make a protest statement.

That the place in question is Indian Territory and China should immediately cease all activity there.

Which is what China would have done if we were building villages.

:yawn: i mean whens last time MEA said "Aksai Chin is an integral and inseparable part of india"

😭 earlier they used to say 2-3 times a year , then 1 , now nothing.

its all peace and tranquality at LAC now

Its like ... like they dont even care any more .
Exactly if MEA can't condemn and raise formal protest against China , then what is the point in showing the land under enemy control in survey map of India.

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
So what is the verdict now. Can anyone detail this controversy of new Chinese village popping out. Is it an intrusion that rNDTV is suggesting to pin it on Modi? BTW rNDTV is known for alarmist pieces against Modi and always trying to unsettle Modi government on Pappu’s behalf. I have been calling at Vishnu Som for many years especially when he use to frequent BRF. He is very cunning and economical with truth person.

If possible please detail it with the help of Maps.

shade

Country flag
So what is the verdict now. Can anyone detail this controversy of new Chinese village popping out. Is it an intrusion that rNDTV is suggesting to pin it on Modi? BTW rNDTV is known for alarmist pieces against Modi and always trying to unsettle Modi government on Pappu’s behalf. I have been calling at Vishnu Som for many years especially when he use to frequent BRF. He is very cunning and economical with truth person.

If possible please detail it with the help of Maps.
One of the map walas here, i think it was it is @mist_consecutive made a map some pages back, basically the area where this village has sprung up is lost to us since 1959/1962, only the "village" being constructed is a relatively new phenomenon, constructed starting from 2019.

This area that they have acquired in 59/62 is around 10km inside the McMahon line

1611038341332.png

Huh, so this is the situation in the valley of Subanshiri river tributary.

Chinese had a strong presence since quite early times in this valley. As far as 2001 satellite images show China had a 2-lane highway as deep as 5km inside the McMohan line.

No action was taken by GoI in the next 15 years to improve any connectivity to this valley, and the Chinese kept nibbling away more and more.
The latest satellite imagery (from 2017) shows the nearest Indian village at least 19km from the McMohan line.

So yeah, we have practically lost nearly 10km (or more) valley area since 1962, or if you presume it was never ours, then that will be true, too.

Shall we try to take the valley back? IMO, no. The valley is very isolated and has no strategic significance, as well as any significant natural resources to profit. Chinese have a very strong presence and it will be a hell of a task to dismantle them from the valley.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
India preps for fresh Chinese military activity in East Ladakh from March

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Hi, Did you make that Image? The last Chinese village is actually an Indian forward post called 'New Maja Post' (28.5614053, 93.4283509) and it is supplied through Bidak and Galemo post in the rear. All 3 post are air maintained only.

View attachment 74239
Yep I made it. The 'New Maja Post' has a mud road connection going to a Chinese village, hence I presumed it as Chinese.

Btw can you post the source of your information ?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
But you will have to give it to the Chinese. Bastards were able to develop it in 5-6 months. All started simultaneously with the standoff in Ladakh.

Also don’t be shocked if more such villages pops up during next summer campaign in other parts of AP and Ladakh where Chinese post are inside Indian version of Border (McMohan) given Xi chaired a high level meeting last year where he emphasised on “Strengthening borders” in Tibet region. Strengthening can only be done by setting up more such ghost towns. They refer it is Poverty Alleviation Villages.
It baffles me how they can push so much money in construction in such remote areas. Creating roads, bridges and tunnels are very expensive, time-consuming, and specially arduous in such hostile terrain and climate.

And yet China is doing like they got cheat codes for unlimited resources.

And even if you build a complete township in the middle of nowhere, who will live there? Cut-off from modern society with no clear source of income generated from such villages?

I understand the furor, and I reciprocate the same. However, we need to understand that govt. can only assist armed forces and enable them, and try other diplomatic means.
Tackling China also means building necessary capabilities and infrastructure which has been eroded away due to political unwillingness, lethargy, or straight-up corruption in the last 60 years, which cannot be undone in mere 4-5 years.

Why I appreciate the current govt, is because it has more political will and a clear intention of tackling China (as well as Pakistan), which we lacked severely.

And let's understand, China has come prepared, and I suspect they have been prepared for the same since Doklam for such a misadventure.
And the aggressor always has the advantage of surprise. So if we just blind-charge at them without a clear plan, we will suffer a huge casualty if not defeat.

Abhay Rajput 02

It baffles me how they can push so much money in construction in such remote areas. Creating roads, bridges and tunnels are very expensive, time-consuming, and specially arduous in such hostile terrain and climate.

And yet China is doing like they got cheat codes for unlimited resources.

And even if you build a complete township in the middle of nowhere, who will live there? Cut-off from modern society with no clear source of income generated from such villages?

I understand the furor, and I reciprocate the same. However, we need to understand that govt. can only assist armed forces and enable them, and try other diplomatic means.
Tackling China also means building necessary capabilities and infrastructure which has been eroded away due to political unwillingness, lethargy, or straight-up corruption in the last 60 years, which cannot be undone in mere 4-5 years.

Why I appreciate the current govt, is because it has more political will and a clear intention of tackling China (as well as Pakistan), which we lacked severely.

And let's understand, China has come prepared, and I suspect they have been prepared for the same since Doklam for such a misadventure.
And the aggressor always has the advantage of surprise. So if we just blind-charge at them without a clear plan, we will suffer a huge casualty if not defeat.
Thats your perspective from chinese perspective they have been doing this since a long time and they except india to back down as in the past , thats why this standoff is going this long. In the end we will just back down. although i do agree this govt. has more guts but banning apps is meaningless gesture. the govt. should seriously consider banning all the imports from china . there is no need to give them billions of dollars every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles