India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade

Country flag
I don't think this guy is wrong. IMO, Treachery in S-400 deal would be final nail in the coffin of India-Russia relationship.
Nothing like that will happen.
Since decades the Ruskies have dalals here to lobby for them.
They can screw us over S400 deliveries and still they will get orders from us.
One mitigative tactic is use US's Patriot or THAAD whatever as a bargaining chip, do drama saying that will help us to avoid CAATSA if Ruskies keep acting up.

In any case Russia isn't the USSR, and it's "usefulness" is dropping every year, being more and more of a vassal state to the PRC

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Well, he is not wrong, there are pros and cons both( considering the latest/current events more cons than pros )....we already have made some payment so i guess it doesn't matter.
What happened to Indo Russia logistics agreement RELOS . Was supposed to be signed this year

Deadtrap

Country flag
Well, he is not wrong, there are pros and cons both( considering the latest/current events more cons than pros )....we already have made some payment so i guess it doesn't matter.
I don't think this guy is wrong. IMO, Treachery in S-400 deal would be final nail in the coffin of India-Russia relationship.
Say the same when Biden cozy up with Paki Administration and they sanctions us with CAATSA for buying anything Russian.

Multilateralism isn't the game of either Black or White.

FalconZero

Country flag
Say the same when Biden cozy up with Paki Administration and they sanctions us with CAATSA for buying anything Russian.

Sleepy joe sanctioning INDIA over paki? Please re-read your own statement, yes we have our reservations against biden administration but thinking that they will sanction India over paki is day dreaming...

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
We haven't sold out in pipe dreams. I was talking about circumstances of relationship between India and Russia.
A typical Pipe dream is relationship with Western countries. First you set your own house in order, whole europian union faltering in front of Russia. You guys thrown Ukraine to beast and ran away. Ukraine is a dead country now. Georgia is a dead country now. Syria will haunt you for decades to come. you guys can't even stop Erdogan who is violating Greece and Cyprus on daily basis.
Even poor European fellas can't afford breaking tie with Russia and you genius suggesting us the same here.

France is valuable friend of India I agree. But tell me what France has offered us except government to government deals?? Show us any legacy of France in India??
Top on that colonist legacy of Europe yet to be forgotten by Indians.
So don't order us what should be do or not... Better explain
You clearly show your ignorance when you say what has France offered India. Read history, I will give you a hint, 19th century, and then come back to me. Learn the implications of the Great Game at the end of WW2 and then get back to me. Or, continue thinking that Russia is this amazing friend that actually cares about you and your people.

vishnugupt

Country flag
You clearly show your ignorance when you say what has France offered India. Read history, I will give you a hint, 19th century, and then come back to me. Learn the implications of the Great Game at the end of WW2 and then get back to me. Or, continue thinking that Russia is this amazing friend that actually cares about you and your people.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Please shade you megalomaniac attitude. Western people have almost zero knowledge about other countries and geopolitics they are living in politically correctness and failing miserably to recognize the real issues with them.

Your hint is nothing, something didn't happened, could be speculations. just if's and but's. you are ignoring my examples for your own comfort. Strategic relationships doesn't build on speculations or something didn't happened.

If you have something meaningful to add then ok, otherwise we should end here.

@pinakaTHEbow waiting for your response on this issue

shade

Country flag

The Hilale Pakistan hilao'ing all over Pakistan's begging bowl yes, them sanctioning us, no.
What will happen however under Budhen raaj is attempts to dethrone Modi and cause more such 'protests' and riots like you see now.
Under Trump-raaj, the obscene orange budha was a total foil to all US establishment schemes, now with their geriatric puppet in place they will be at full power, no holds barred.

WarSnail

Country flag
Are you nuts... 500 crore is the limit for procurement Per item on ad-hoc basis .

For e.g. let's say we need Spike ER - 500 crores.

We need ATGM - 500 crore etc etc will be ordered without going through tedious process of approval here and there

Chinese war chest will be destroyed complete after the war.

Immediate 80 -100 bn dollar market loss with India.

Ban by several countries and western scrutiny.

More important loss of territory against Indian Armed Forces.

Reignition of Tibet Freedom movement .

They are looking at their total collapse.
My thought, China produces all that which we will be procuring and ou war chest will deplete more quickly than theirs.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Frankly, keeping the Russians and western nations especially the US happy at the same time is diplomatically not going to work for us anymore. This is mainly because the US is moving to a position where it considers Russia-China a joint pole that is of tremendous threat to the US‘ pole position. Biden’s advisors have clearly said they will go beyond sanctions to punish Russia - such as counter cyber hacking, and other ways that degrades Russia’s ability to continue hacking attacks on the US. Everyone and their mother knows that Russians and CCPandas are jointly responsible for hacking US institutions. Combined with the IP theft sanctions , hacking sanctions, HK sanctions, business sanctions etc. on China, the US has effectively made Russia-China into a declared adversary. Russia with just 145 million people with a rapidly declining population cannot take on the US. So, it has no choice but to align with China.
Now india is caught between the devil and the deep sea. Due to PLA’s immense idiocy and strategic blunder, India had no option but to introduce the QUAD which effectively means the US, NATO have a strong foothold in Asia now backed by immense strength india has.
Finally, we all know that the US does not play the dual camps game. That is, you are either in the US camp or not. India cannot be in the Russian and US camp at the same time. NATO members found that out the hard way as the US threatened defunding (shutting down ) NATO, and then sanctioned Turkey under CAATSA.
India has very significant cards to play with the US. India’s large market size is the new oil. And US companies want a big piece of that. India must negotiate preferential access for US companies in India in exchange for top technology transfer (including jet engines , scramjets, EMALS, space technology like rovers, semi cryogenic engine, 7-10nm chip design, autonomous technologies, drones and drone swarms, EMP weapons etc. ) and joint research into future weapons.Now how much US will transfer to India will squarely depend upon how much money the US can make out of Indian markets and how quickly they can ramp up their own defense preparedness using cheaper Indian labor. This is a major reason reason why we need to become a $5-6 trillion economy in double time. Without this size, the US will not be attracted enough to make strategic deals.Without this size, we won’t be considered a serious adversary. Also, at this economic size, Russia will also benefit from India’s immense markets and will have to listen more to India’s strategic concerns such as no major weapon sales to Porkis.
India is really the wild card IMHO. If India becomes a huge economy, everything in Asia and beyond will change considerably. If India degrades to become the next Africa, then we will simply be ignored like Africa is by the major powers and will continue to play low intensity games with Pakshitstan, with both countries acting as pawns of major powers.
The solution to this conundrum is develop a domestic MIC ASAP ! Only then can you pursue strategic autonomy and be independent of the devil and the deep sea. US and Russia both are equally bad !

shashankk

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles