India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadtrap

Country flag
I recollect 1 guerilla attack (2 or 3 weeks back), wherein an IA truck carrying water was ambushed. One soldier died.
Yes that is a different case. It was widely reported as an ATTACK. Unlike these 8 casualties which didn't get much coverage. Some people are assuming these 8 casualties happened in similar fashion which is wrong. 4 casualties of these 8 happened in an accident. Will update abt the rest soon.

Deadtrap

Country flag

tarunraju may be right after all it seems.
Wikipedia doesn't operate like Google maps. Its uses boundary as shown in open source maps like openstreetmap.com, wikimapia.org etc. So Wikipedia wont give a damn abt it.

Country flag

shade

Country flag

LMAO Some guy made that map by coloring another blank border map from wikipedia itself.

There is no conspiracy here.

Can anyone here edit that page and fix it ??

:rofl: ill try if i can.
:yawn: Wikipedia by default uses the LOC/LAC map as part of India.
GB/AJK show as part of Paki, AC shown as part of China, AP shown as part of India.

btw nobody said there is a " conspiracy" :dude:

Seems wikipedia has switched to "controlled areas marked in dark green, claimed but uncontrolled areas in light green" maps for Chineez and Paki also. :hmm:

shade

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
:yawn: Wikipedia by default uses the LOC/LAC map as part of India.
GB/AJK show as part of Paki, AC shown as part of China, AP shown as part of India.

btw nobody said there is a " conspiracy" :dude:

Seems wikipedia has switched to "controlled areas marked in dark green, claimed but uncontrolled areas in light green" maps for Chineez and Paki also. :hmm:
NEW: India sends notice to #WIKIPEDIA over wrong map of Jammu & Kashmir. Ministry of Electronics and IT has sent the notice asking Wikipedia to immediately remove the map as it is violation of territorial integrity and sovereignty of India.

shade

Country flag
NEW: India sends notice to #WIKIPEDIA over wrong map of Jammu & Kashmir. Ministry of Electronics and IT has sent the notice asking Wikipedia to immediately remove the map as it is violation of territorial integrity and sovereignty of India.

oh ok it was for the India-Bhutan relations map.
I thought for the India wiki page.

Knowitall

shade

Country flag
Govt needs to ban too warning is not enough especially in the case of twitter.
some jhumlas will be made about how wiki has these "only controlled regions" maps because we wuz unbiassed n sheeit yo, so that is why they can't use the correct map.
Also they will pass the buck to "wikipedia articles are written and fact checked by the community"

mokoman

Country flag
some jhumlas will be made about how wiki has these "only controlled regions" maps because we wuz unbiassed n sheeit yo, so that is why they can't use the correct map.
Also they will pass the buck to "wikipedia articles are written and fact checked by the community"
Either they go by administrative control or they have to make the page country specific .

Best would be like how you said , different shade for claimed vs administrative border.

:yawn: Also i rather we don't ban wikipedia if you guys dont mind.

shade

Country flag
Either they go by administrative control or they have to make the page country specific .

Best would be like how you said , different shade for claimed vs administrative border.

:yawn: Also i rather we don't ban wikipedia if you guys dont mind.
Nahi hoga.
I don't even expect a temp ban.
Regardless you only kiss Boogle search and Chukipedia goodbye when you have good desi variant ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles