India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowitall

If Bhutan is allowing its territory in Doklam to be occupied by China to threaten India, India should also enter the same area to take up positions that counter the Chinese threat.
India won't respond because if we actually wished to there would never have been a village there.

Both bhutan and India have decided to turn a blind eye towards the situation.

Suhaldev

Country flag

Suhaldev

Country flag
1/2 For those who question Bhutan-India friendship and trust do remember that not long back in December 2003, His Majesty The Fourth King personally led, from the front, around 6,000 Bhutanese soldiers against around 3,500 hardened Indian militants in 30 camps along the border.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Most sources say that of the 5 that are being bought, 3 are for Pak border and 2 for China - looks about adequate to me (maybe the China front could use another system).

But the Pak border - and even much of its own airspace - in particular, will almost completely be covered by the 3 systems assigned to that front.

India does need to hike defense spending without any doubt (don't know if a cess is needed or not) - but there are other things that need to be spent on as well beyond ADS:

- Good weapons for ground troops
- More fighter jets (expanded LCA order w/ speedy delivery + follow on Rafale order)
- More AF force multipliers (AWACS + tankers)
- More submarines + ASW helos for all the ships
- More attack helos (solve the ATGM issue and then massively increase the size of LCH order, push speed of deliveries)

As for the two front situation; have been crying myself hoarse even when Trump was around that India needs to conclusively wrap up Pakistan ASAP, redirect military resources at China, and focus on economic growth.
S-400 is more Pakistan centric because it will lower the burden of IAF on the western border and will allow IAF to focus more on eastern border where 2 regiments will also be deployed. We will need 3 more regiments, 1 in A&N Islands, 1 in Ladakh and 1 in NE.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
S-400 is more Pakistan centric because it will lower the burden of IAF on the western border and will allow IAF to focus more on eastern border where 2 regiments will also be deployed. We will need 3 more regiments, 1 in A&N Islands, 1 in Ladakh and 1 in NE.
The 2 you listed (Ladakh and NE) are in addition to the 2 already being bought for that border; correct?

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Maybe you didn't read the CNBC article I linked in my post. Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 67582
I went through the article.. It is just about China, and the challenge posed by it to US foreign policy. So, the headline really means that the reality of the emergence of China, guides US foreign policy, and there isnt much Blinken and Sullivan can do about that..

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
1/2 For those who question Bhutan-India friendship and trust do remember that not long back in December 2003, His Majesty The Fourth King personally led, from the front, around 6,000 Bhutanese soldiers against around 3,500 hardened Indian militants in 30 camps along the border.

Which militants ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles