India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Country flag
Ye chutiyagiri hai.

Tanks can go back 30 km and then come back to the same spot later that day itself they have good infrastructure in the area.

Inse pucho are they retreating from the captured areas or not.

Tanks wil go and come back troops are still there.
Don't tell me this includes Tanks as well. Chinese are sh** scared of our T90's & T72's coz they know Type 15 is like tin can in front of them.
This would be clownery of highest order. We should ask them to remove their rocket forces & SAM first. But MEA cucks don't have any brains left looks like.

another_armchair

Country flag
Don't tell me this includes Tanks as well. Chinese are sh** scared of our T90's & T72's coz they know Type 15 is like tin can in front of them.
This would be clownery of highest order. We should ask them to remove their rocket forces & SAM first. But MEA cucks don't have any brains left looks like.
Why will they go back without securing GB and CPEC? Nobody is pulling back. The only thing that's going to be pulled back is the cocking handle if it comes to that.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars In case of re-armed conflict, PLA may take advantage of better infrastructure along Chinese side of LAC so Indian Army is decided only to back up to 15 KM.

BABA.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Ye chutiyagiri hai.

Tanks can go back 30 km and then come back to the same spot later that day itself they have good infrastructure in the area.

Inse pucho are they retreating from the captured areas or not.

Tanks wil go and come back troops are still there.
As long as IA tanks and vehicles, are in theater its ok.. IA can come back again, in a few hours if China makes a move..

Indrajit

Country flag
Contrary to what others here have said, I don’t view Trump as being particularly good for Indian interests. Trump is extraordinarily transactional and had he won a second term, he might have cut a deal with China if they offered him a good one and thrown India to the wolves. He did the same to his Kurdish allies in Syria against Turkey. Pompeo was downright hostile to China but Trump could have replaced him with someone who was not.

India US relations have had bipartisan support and the fact that that Biden and Harris reached out to the Indian diaspora as strongly as they did, is a good sign.
To those who think the leftists will have a free run are mostly mistaken. Biden is as centralist as it get. He doesn’t particularly care for the leftists and he will know that even the democratic party turned against the leftists in the primary which is why he won.

Too many here are critical of Kamala Harris . As VP, she will have very limited influence (among other things, she had to agree that all her officials will be vetted by the Biden team alone and that her advisors wouldn’t have any role in the administration , including reportedly her powerful sister who was Hillary’ top advisor but that particular report about Maya Harris was then walked back)

As a California Senator, she didn’t need to be a centralist but as her outreach to the Indian community showed, she needs them for her future political career. I don’t expect any anti Indian attitude from her, no matter that she mentioned Kashmir once in reply to a question. Means very little in the real world. Democrats always make comments but as we know, it was the Republicans under pro India President Bush who did the silly ban on Modi to appease Muslim sentiments.

Countries have interests and India remains very important to US interests and Biden who will likely have only one term will want very much to leave a mark on history. That won’t be done by silly fulminations on India’s domestic politics.

I would have liked Trump to win but my reasons were different. Trump was a red rag to the global leftists and for that reason alone, I wanted him to be around. We don’t need any attention shifted towards us but unfortunately , that wasn’t to be.

We have to deal with what will come our way but I don’t think Biden becoming President is a big issue in of itself.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Contrary to what others here have said, I don’t view Trump as being particularly good for Indian interests. Trump is extraordinarily transactional and had he won a second term, he might have cut a deal with China if they offered him a good one and thrown India to the wolves. He did the same to his Kurdish allies in Syria against Turkey. Pompeo was downright hostile to China but Trump could have replaced him with someone who was not.

India US relations have had bipartisan support and the fact that that Biden and Harris reached out to the Indian diaspora as strongly as they did, is a good sign.
To those who think the leftists will have a free run are mostly mistaken. Biden is as centralist as it get. He doesn’t particularly care for the leftists and he will know that even the democratic party turned against the leftists in the primary which is why he won.

Too many here are critical of Kamala Harris . As VP, she will have very limited influence (among other things, she had to agree that all her officials will be vetted by the Biden team alone and that her advisors wouldn’t have any role in the administration , including reportedly her powerful sister who was Hillary’ top advisor but that particular report about Maya Harris was then walked back)

As a California Senator, she didn’t need to be a centralist but as her outreach to the Indian community showed, she needs them for her future political career. I don’t expect any anti Indian attitude from her, no matter that she mentioned Kashmir once in reply to a question. Means very little in the real world. Democrats always make comments but as we know, it was the Republicans under pro India President Bush who did the silly ban on Modi to appease Muslim sentiments.

Countries have interests and India remains very important to US interests and Biden who will likely have only one term will want very much to leave a mark on history. That won’t be done by silly fulminations on India’s domestic politics.

I would have liked Trump to win but my reasons were different. Trump was a red rag to the global leftists and for that reason alone, I wanted him to be around. We don’t need any attention shifted towards us but unfortunately , that wasn’t to be.

We have to deal with what will come our way but I don’t think Biden becoming President is a big issue in of itself.

I agree with you assessment, Democrats has this outlook of supporting islamists and leftists but their actions show a different picture.

Republicans are more straight forward. India is comfortable with Trump administration especially Pompeo. It all depends on how smoothly the transition happens and how Modi govt. handles it.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

India is not Syria or Kurdistan.

With or without Trump, Americans are ready to throw India under the bus and Modi is fully aware of it. The cringeworthy buttering and personal rapport Modi tried with both Obama and Trump was an effort to create a fastener which may work or not.

The G2 is inevitable because India will not become outsourcing destination for ever-growing monstrous US Federal spending. OTOH China has been sustaining it for them directly or indirectly.

India will go slow and work on business viability model. China on the other hand will fake it as long as it can. From currency depriciation to cooking the books China can soak all the long and short term over-heating of its finances. India do not have such a luxury because our margins too small to play around.

If we can grow at faster pace, industrialize and attract FDI consistently then things may change and slow down G2. With all the best outcomes we may bring about with our economy we will best become an alternative chip for USA to use against China whenever they will hit any negotiation deadlocks. To completely flip China and replace it with India there is a delay of decade or more.

Till then whosoever comes in power in USA there will be a hardship of India in terms of getting full support against belligerent China and also in bilateral.

Any analyst especially Leftist types attributing unstable Indo-US relationship on change of political guard are only analyzing a very microscopic part of it.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
I agree with you assessment, Democrats has this outlook of supporting islamists and leftists but their actions show a different picture.

Republicans are more straight forward. India is comfortable with Trump administration especially Pompeo. It all depends on how smoothly the transition happens and how Modi govt. handles it.

Cheran

Country flag
1604903290696.png

If true, India should reciprocate & seize a fishing vessel or something & make an example of the fish stealers.

Regarding Biden -

1. Previously Commiela had made a statement that if required they would *intervene* but as a VP it is expected that she not raise these issues unless she wants to act like a "Jamia shero"
2. AOC/Rashida/Promila/Ilhan have a jhollap/muslamist agenda & will extract their pound of flesh, there are already reports of this

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

While it is ok to debate on what X or Y’s attitude towards India is going to be, but ultimately we have to start asking ourself whether India’s sales pitch is sound enough to create a leverage even among its naysayers.

Do we have enough counter atrocity literature material to counter any of the old allegations that may come from White House or Capitol Hill ? I think we do, enough pointers have been released by GoI in the aftermath of dilution of Art. 370, that + latest data of terror attacks since then just need to be repeated consistently to ward off any chance of Capitol Hill influencing US Govt policy.

On military front, even if we assume quad will sent back to bottom shelf in White House, we have only one outstanding request by GoI that is MQ-9 which has been pending since Obama days, here too GoI didn’t stop working on indigenous solution that is TAPAS 201, so we are covered there too. If GoI was so sure of US GOV selling MQ-9 they wouldn’t be funding domestic solutions, which indicates GoI was already preparing for all outcomes.

Plus it has been well established and documented that India is the victim of Chinese agression in recent months, if push comes to shove we can always ask publicly if US Gov teaming with expansionist CCP, against the largest democracy in the world.

johnq

Ya'll Nibbiars In case of re-armed conflict, PLA may take advantage of better infrastructure along Chinese side of LAC so Indian Army is decided only to back up to 15 KM.

BABA.
It's still a mistake by the Indian negotiators, especially because it's winter and PLA have roads that can be constantly cleaned (with snow plows) after heavy snowfall, so it will still be easier for PLA tanks to return 30 km forward using their roads. Without roads and with heavy snow, Indian tanks may end up getting stuck and that 15 km might as well be 150 km.

johnq

Was this intentional? I feel there's a conspiracy by the MEA Bureaucrats. The Commander heading IA at all these commander level talks was changed and at the same time the US election results are out and Trump is almost out
I've long suspected that CCP has leverage on some people on the Indian side, especially because that is how CCP usually operates (since it's a criminal organization).

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It's still a mistake by the Indian negotiators, especially because it's winter and PLA have roads that can be constantly cleaned (with snow plows) after heavy snowfall, so it will still be easier for PLA tanks to return 30 km forward using their roads. Without roads and with heavy snow, Indian tanks may end up getting stuck and that 15 km might as well be 150 km.
taking India’s defensive posture into consideration, antidote to tanks are not tanks but rather ATGM. Even if PLA starts a tank intrusion, as long as ATGM are in place, situation can still be handled by the time Indian tanks get there. this is from a layman’s perspective ofcourse.

johnq

taking India’s defensive posture into consideration, antidote to tanks are not tanks but rather ATGM. Even if PLA starts a tank intrusion, as long as ATGM are in place, situation can still be handled by the time Indian tanks get there. this is from a layman’s perspective ofcourse.
It depends on the temperature. Once it drops below -20 Celsius, as it usually does at night, and with snow and ice, things start to get very difficult for soldiers outdoors, even with winter clothing. I am speaking from experience in cold areas (not Ladakh), although I don't know how good the Indian soldiers' clothing and equipment are.

shade

Country flag
I've long suspected that CCP has leverage on some people on the Indian side, especially because that is how CCP usually operates (since it's a criminal organization).
Yes they apply saam dham bhedh, you can honeytrap babus, hack them, buy them out etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles