India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

shade

Country flag
Should we ditch INS Vishal and buy Russian Storm super carrier Which they offered us a few years ago...
Yes, we should ditch that, disband DRDO, HAL everyone else, junk Tejas, LCH, Arjun, and just import everything, it will be much, much cheaper compared to screwdrivergiri "Atmanirbhar Bharat" that is only done for votes.

Suhaldev

Country flag
Extending from earlier argument

Hypothetically and unfortunately if biden goes against Indian interests like stops calling out China and raises human rights issues etc this will again increase modi's image among Indian, nri. He will also be in catch 22 situation as next us elections are also in 2024.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yes, we should ditch that, disband DRDO, HAL everyone else, junk Tejas, LCH, Arjun, and just import everything, it will be much, much cheaper compared to screwdrivergiri "Atmanirbhar Bharat" that is only done for votes.
Yes we should focus on indigenisation but if we have a genuine requirement of foreign maal, we should import instead of making them in India under license increasing cost and time.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Extending from earlier argument

Hypothetically and unfortunately if biden goes against Indian interests like stops calling out China and raises human rights issues etc this will again increase modi's image among Indian, nri. He will also be in catch 22 situation as next us elections are also in 2024.
Lol next election of India and USA will be in 2024 😂.
yes Modi is very powerful man, if he wants he can choose whichever leader he wants in US or UK because of huge NRI population in both countries, and till next election NRI population will increase by a huge margin.

shade

Country flag
Yes we should focus on indigenisation but if we have a genuine requirement of foreign maal, we should import instead of making them in India under license increasing cost and time.
INS Vishal is a meme.
No money for that sort of carrier.

Sturm is also a meme.
same reason, Uncle Ivan has no funds.

for a long time both will be in planning phase only.

and regardless IN with domestic shipyards making every class of warship there is, its the only make in India success story tbh

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
INS Vishal is a meme.
No money for that sort of carrier.

Sturm is also a meme.
same reason, Uncle Ivan has no funds.

for a long time both will be in planning phase only.

and regardless IN with domestic shipyards making every class of warship there is, its the only make in India success story tbh
Strum will cost less as its design is already finished.

Suhaldev

Country flag
Lol next election of India and USA will be in 2024 😂.
yes Modi is very powerful man, if he wants he can choose whichever leader he wants in US or UK because of huge NRI population in both countries, and till next election NRI population will increase by a huge margin.
Read again, its not about modi but Indian people in usa and local population

FalconZero

Country flag
Should we ditch INS Vishal and buy Russian Storm super carrier Which they offered us a few years ago...
Umm NO!
INS Vikrant took time because it was our first indigenous AC. For now, we don't have enough funds but navy indeed is interested about it, so it will be better to transfer learnings from IAC-1 to IAC-2, no need to fund ruskies here for something which we are capable of doing.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Umm NO!
INS Vikrant took time because it was our first indigenous AC. For now, we don't have enough funds but navy indeed is interested about it, so it will be better to transfer learnings from IAC-1 to IAC-2, no need to fund ruskies here for something which we are capable of doing.
No I said this in time and cost perspective. It is an EMALS carrier also.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
No I said this in time and cost perspective. It is an EMALS carrier also.
Umm NO!
I think the emals carrier Gerald Ford will be unsuccessful as the capabilities are same as previous Nimitz carriers with greater cost per ship and also most of the core components are still in testing and has major issues.i don't understand the fanboyism here.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
sorry for answering your queries without going through that article. (will read later). I'm answering from my first hand experience.

my hobby is trekking and I've done basic mountaineering course.
on the mountain, I probably won't touch any gear made in India.

we don't have any quality trekking shoe. best (cheapest) option is Quechua and that's a French company.
if we look for quality then Saloman (trekking) or Scrapa, Koflach, La Sportiva (trekking and/or mountaineering).

no local made quality down jacket, sleeping bag, tent, rucksack etc. army supply is somewhat good but bulky. but not at par with imported one.

even we don't have any good local merino wool base layer or quick dry t-shirt, pant.

(not touching technical gears).

Wildcraft is trying a bit but they are far behind foreign companies.

and we go there just for entertainment whereas Army to fight.

point me to any good local made -40 degree gear. a single one.

(from the pictures of ofb tents, I'm little bit impressed on those. it's a good try).

sorry but the situation is very grim. probably no R&D.

P.S. : US seals used Saloman Quest 3d GTX and Saloman is a private entity.
Fully agree, and the real reason is the lack of adventure sports and adventure in general in our culture leading to no industry developing which can cater to such things. We're all just too much busy with roti kapdaa makaan and even the rich buggers just want to party and blow cash on drugs and drinks.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
More of the usual diplomatese jargons. Nothing concrete . They are hoping for another corps commander meeting soon. Xinping has bitten more than he can chew . And he's in for a rude awakening from his slumber. His wet dreams of imperialistic hegemonic designs have gone kaput .

EmRRDB9U4AAxUaw.jpeg

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
More of the usual diplomatese jargons. Nothing concrete . They are hoping for another corps commander meeting soon. Xinping has bitten more than he can chew . And he's in for a rude awakening from his slumber. His wet dreams of imperialistic hegemonic designs have gone kaput .

View attachment 65824
In an IPL match that went to superover, Shreyas Iyer asked Rabada what he was going to bowl. Rabada's reply was first ball - yorker, second ball - yorker, third ball - yorker. Shreyas told him he knew the last three balls he was going to bowl.

Similarly, any of us on this forum can write the press release for the next ten commander level meetings.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
In an IPL match that went to superover, Shreyas Iyer asked Rabada what he was going to bowl. Rabada's reply was first ball - yorker, second ball - yorker, third ball - yorker. Shreyas told him he knew the last three balls he was going to bowl.

Similarly, any of us on this forum can write the press release for the next ten commander level meetings.
Do not be under the impression that there is no wheeling and dealing going on between IA and PLA. If there was absolutely no progress then we would not be having such frequent 10 hour meetings..

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
I think the emals carrier Gerald Ford will be unsuccessful as the capabilities are same as previous Nimitz carriers with greater cost per ship and also most of the core components are still in testing and has major issues.i don't understand the fanboyism here.
Teething problems.
Its hilarious to suggest that EMALS is inferior. It reduces launch stresses on airframes, is capable of launching lighter aircraft (drones) as well as heavier ones, takes up significantly less space, does not require desalinated water and is more maintenance friendly. Furthermore, EMALS is not the only thing that defines Gerald R Ford carrier. Look at their reactors, for example. They are much superior to the ones on Nimitz class and future-proof these carriers, allowing addition of armour and laser tech as and when it becomes available. Then there is the higher levels of automation, especially in the hangar bay, allowing for quicker turn around times for the air wing. All these lead to significant tactical and life cycle cost advantages over the lifetime of these carriers.

The greater acquisition cost per ship is an acceptable trade-off. Life cycle costs are what matter. I don't think Indian Navy would be so hell-bent on EMALS for IAC-2 had it been only due to "fanboyism".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles