India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
Do you remember that a international racquet was busted in Mumbai this year? If you do all those accused were left to go as mumbai police couldn't present sufficient evidence (please verify this, read it during sushant case)
Well...the link seems obviious..
they are cheating old ad elderly in USA kinda scamming 35000 USD in one go.
whats obvious is the mule who came to pick up the cash is chinese..and talking to his boss in chinese.
so its highly probable..some of these fake call center in India is set up by china to raise funds..
we have seen many charity call center working for pakistan jihadis.. stealing money in the name of hospital support for poor and destitute.

if so..GOvt needs to have a focused team to take these assholes down from operating within our borders.
if not..we may see more delhi type riots funded by stolen money from our own hands.

Forage on the enemies says the sunTzu

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Japan, china trade is bigger than india trade with many western countries combined has china flinched , answer is no ?. You can not play geopolitics in Eurasian landmass. It's simple. india will play neutral like always while maintaining good relationship with both US and Russians. The day Russia is lost NATO will gobble up western part , china eastern and you and all in southern hemisphere will get Baba ji ka thulu in term of military equipment. and western aggression like one in Iraq in name of geopolitics.
That's the reason I told US won't make the same mistakes they did with China to India. US was really concerned on the rise of Japan in 80's and back then it was still unsure on what path will.Japan take from its WW2 days. So it even sanctioned or placed limits of Japanese manufacturing, their semiconductor companies and encouraged business deals with China to offset Japan. Japan was also getting costly wrt Manufacturing. So after seeing the US companies reap the benefits of moving to China and Korea, Japanese companies followed suit. It was pure business. Not love for China or something.
But it has proved a fallacy. That countries having stronger economic ties without corresponding warmer political ties can fail.the test of time. And that's the breakdown happening btw US, China and Japan. India is a democracy. Today US doesn't see India as threat. It understand India's need to stand up on its own legs economically to fight China (so it doesn't need to give away money) while at the same time ensuring we don't become a threat to US. I am okay with that as long as India can lift millions out of poverty.

mokoman

Country flag
Original post👇🤔
Azerbaijan used old unmanned biplanes , to locate armenian air defenses and destroy them , i think some were loaded up with explosives and used for kamakazee style attacks.

These are shitty ww2 era biplanes mind you.

The guy may be a clown but i think he has a point . relics still have value.

:hmm: Werent there plans to convert tejas into a drone , maybe we could do that with old decommissioned aircrafts

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Azerbaijan used old unmanned biplanes , to locate armenian air defenses and destroy them , i think some were loaded up with explosives and used for kamakazee style attacks.

:hmm: Werent there plans to convert tejas into a drone , maybe we could do that with old decommissioned aircrafts
They were kamikaze planes Kamikaze a pilot on a suicide mission ya.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

It's all tactics and number game. You put 50 modern AAA guns of low calibre or 100KW laser weapons to defend such high end air defence system and see how many swarm drone penetrate that shield. all these countries buy just one or two system without other package to defend these asset's + plus they do not have strategic depth. this thing won't work in a total all out war and against a formidable adversary.

Dessert Storm

Country flag

Old decommissioned aircrafts don't have FBW. To make them into what you are suggesting, you need to design a FBW system for that relic and then go on to making a drone out of it.
So there is a difference between making a drone out of Tejas and one out of a relic.

mokoman

Country flag
They were kamikaze planes Kamikaze a pilot on a suicide mission ya.
Not exactly a suicide mission.

They dont have the expertise to turn the planes into drones ,

Apparently, Azerbaijanis use An-2 in an "unmanned" mode. The steering wheel of the aircraft is secured with belts, and the pilot himself makes a parachute jump at a safe distance from the place of hostilities, Topcor.ru reported.

Azerbaijan is flying “unmanned” An-2 biplanes as decoys to locate Armenian air defence and artillery position.

The bi-planes fly towards Armenian positions forcing their ground troops to open fire thus exposing them to Azeri raids by drones and ground artillery, topcor.ru reported Friday.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Apparently Trump has swept mail-in ballot polls in all the states which count them upon receipt. MSM is beginning to change its tune on Trump, and started talking about Hunter Biden.

Naacho BC.
can you share the link?

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Apparently Trump has swept mail-in ballot polls in all the states which count them upon receipt. MSM is beginning to change its tune on Trump, and started talking about Hunter Biden.

Naacho BC.
It can also be a ruse by the Dems to make its constituency come out to vote in large numbers on polling day. By today morning India time, the postal ballot numbers were 65 million. That is approx the number of votes Hillary polled in the last primaries.
Given 65 million already in today + the news of trump sweeping them = 70% = 45 million. Last primaries, Trump polled 63 million approx.

sorcerer

Country flag
Russia fulfills India's defence requirement list handed over in June
Russia has fulfilled requirements related to India's defence equipment list handed over in the month of June. Sources confirming the development said that the requirement included light guns, projectiles, bombs.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Russia fulfills India's defence requirement list handed over in June
Russia has fulfilled requirements related to India's defence equipment list handed over in the month of June. Sources confirming the development said that the requirement included light guns, projectiles, bombs.

Projectiles......details would be interesting.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
India has a much better option in Abhyas HEAT UAV. About:
1. Abhays HEAT UAV has Radar Cross Section (RCS), Visual and Infra-Red (IR) augmentation systems that pose a very real threat and provide the live experience of facing enemy fighters.
2. launched from a zero-length launcher means it can fly immediately from any place.
3. during the test Abhyas HEAT UAV flew for 30 minutes at 5000-meter flying altitude while cruising at speed of 0.5 Mach or 617 kilometers per hour. Additionally, Abhyas UAV demonstrated a 2g turning capability with ease.
4.designed for fully autonomous flight using a digital autopilot. It has an advanced MEMS-based Inertial Navigation System (INS) along with Flight Control Computer (FCC).
5. Abhyas drone can cover around 400 kilometers in a single flight.
6. system with ground support equipment will cost 40 lakh rupees.
7.Abhyas UAV can increase its radar cross-section 50 times therefore it can be used as a decoy to fool enemy radars during any Balakot like a strike.
8. yet to be weaponized but the option remains open for future upgrades
Source:
https://guardingindia.com/exclusive/exclusive-why-abhyas-heat-uav-of-drdo-is-so-important/

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Literally..its a cluster fuck in afghanistan. You are right..its divided and weak. That is the reason why them leach those who try to help them and then you are in the broil..and then later ..you are out of it minus the investment and attaining a clear stated objective.

its not thaaaat specific when you call it graveyard of empires..its a notion where nations lost their objective and investments.
the real reason is that it is not a proper country in any way as the only thing common is islam and you know how that wont stop someone from killing each other for petty differences.everything else is divided into various factions such that any country trying to support the main government at any time will never gain reliable support of the whole country.basically you either go genghis on them and install your own guys or you divide the country into many parts and control the faction or ethnicity populating that part and defend and kill anything trying to infiltrate into your area.the foreigners can control afghanistan if they balkanize it and control the tolerating and subdued parts and keep it militarily contained from the outside.their mistake is trying to control the whole thing in one go.they will always have a fallout with one tribe or one warlord who is jealous or angry.now into this mix ,you put in islam and foreign interests and it will make it more hard.

so with the current political and cultural sensibilities of the west and euros with their ultra liberal natures the only practical way is to cut some pat and make it an outpost and forcibly and also with incentives bring the pop within that zone to the 21 st century like the north-south korea model.

otherwise the only other option is to raze the whole place and install your own compliant pop from your own people or neighbouring people if they are 21st century people only.since i know america and especially europe cant do that due to the political and cultural state of theirs ,i am not suggesting that as an option.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
sorry for answering your queries without going through that article. (will read later). I'm answering from my first hand experience.

my hobby is trekking and I've done basic mountaineering course.
on the mountain, I probably won't touch any gear made in India.

we don't have any quality trekking shoe. best (cheapest) option is Quechua and that's a French company.
if we look for quality then Saloman (trekking) or Scrapa, Koflach, La Sportiva (trekking and/or mountaineering).

no local made quality down jacket, sleeping bag, tent, rucksack etc. army supply is somewhat good but bulky. but not at par with imported one.

even we don't have any good local merino wool base layer or quick dry t-shirt, pant.

(not touching technical gears).

Wildcraft is trying a bit but they are far behind foreign companies.

and we go there just for entertainment whereas Army to fight.

point me to any good local made -40 degree gear. a single one.

(from the pictures of ofb tents, I'm little bit impressed on those. it's a good try).

sorry but the situation is very grim. probably no R&D.

P.S. : US seals used Saloman Quest 3d GTX and Saloman is a private entity.
One question,how is the maintenance and cleaning of these equipment handled.

If once purchased ,how long will the equipment last and what are varying lifetimes of the equipments.

I want to know because if army buys one batch all types of necessary items for all soldiers at altitudes,when will they have to buy another batch to replenish supplies when the first batch have worn down.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
eh?

even a bajaj scooter can leave a gorilla 555 bomb at Beijing HQ, provided if i keep fueling my scooter at various intervals. but is that efficient?? that's not the point though..

the excitement on this news is regarding the capability of one of finest bird paired with most capable and deadliest weapon the world has ever produced. and together what they can do..
Just imagine a Bajaj used to drop a 1000kg bomb somewhere in pak or china.

Just imagine a Taliban type in your mind with that sort of setup refuelling in intervals to reach the target.

That will be true paki version of DeEp StRiKe.

Synergy

Country flag
One question,how is the maintenance and cleaning of these equipment handled.

If once purchased ,how long will the equipment last and what are varying lifetimes of the equipments.

I want to know because if army buys one batch all types of necessary items for all soldiers at altitudes,when will they have to buy another batch to replenish supplies when the first batch have worn down.
dry cleaning/petrol wash for down/synthetic goodies (those are made from feather, mainly from goose down or other feathers or synthetic materials. like sleeping bag, jacket etc). general wash for others.

these are extremely sturdy and durable. for trekkers these will easily last for 7/8/10 years (shoe may be an exception). for Army those should last at least for 5yrs (trying to analyse from their build quality). but I think Army issues new items every year for troops in altitude (though I'm not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles