India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
IMO, the sole reason for that is the anti Trump derangement syndrome that Democrats are suffering from i.e. If Trump says the sun rises in the East, the Democrats will say the sun rises in the West. But internally there is a clear recognition that China poses a real challenge, militarily and economically to the US today which is far different from the early Obama days. One foreign policy faction in the Democratic Party would essentially continue Trump's existing policies without being as "in the face" as Trump. The other faction would like to dial it back a little, but have policies in place which recognize the economic and military challenge that China poses. So on the economic side the decoupling will continue and I think that the military dialogue between the US and India will also continue.
Military dialogue.....yeah it sure will continue. Dems would never have the equation with Modi that Republicans can have.
*I do understand that Trump ain't 'Republicans'.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Mine as well.. He is first generation but generally the notion is dems are good for immigrants. It is like bhed chaal among American Indians.
It's not bhed chaal among all Indians. Generally it's only among the first generation Indians as you rightly pointed out. The ones who have 'made it' in US, irrespective of generations see through what Dems are upto and are definitely shifting towards Republicans in general and Trump in particular. Same left-liberal type of game you see in India.

LDev

Country flag
have been looking at hints for such signs for some time, If there is a such a thought process, haven't seen it yet.

Look at the topics they are focussing on, CCP is not on libtard/globalist agenda as far as i can tell.

Look at the series of articles written by Ely Ratner former deputy national security advisor to Biden when he was VP. The articles are in Foreignpolicy magazine. Also his article co-written with Kurt Campbell, former assistant secretary of state for East Asian affairs in the Obama administration in Foreign Affairs magazine where they acknowledge that US policy to bring China into the global mainstream has failed. These people will come back into the administration if Biden wins. Whether their hawkish Chinese policy views prevail remains to be seen but at least they indicate that there will be anti China hawks in a potential Biden administration.

The China Reckoning: How Beijing Defied American Expectations

Collection of articles in ForeignPolicy magazine

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

This site Asia Times is the most blatant Chinese shill website out there close to GT, don’t believe anything you read here.
The author is a Nepali Nutjob... Being sandwiched between India and China has hurt his nuts real bad.

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
The braves of Galwan have shown India and the world how to take on China - meet China's "anger" with double the fury. The sacrifice of these heroes will be one of the most important in the history of the Indian civilization.

It always burns the heart that such young brave people are no more with us but also makes us feel both proud and humbled that such men still exist in India.All of them deserve a Param Vir Chakra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles