Not open for further replies.

DownWithCCP

Country flag

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Bdw china is saying they didn't recognise Ladakh ut
And India is saying they will not 1959 unilaterally defined lac
Then if both wants to stop the war ....then both should stop this type of statements
China was first to say that they don't recognise Ladakh..and they oppose military construction s there
And India replied that they dont obey 1959 lac .....
Now let's wait ......many of us know from day one that China will not agree
Our military officers also know that ....
Don't know what's India going achieve by delaying the war ...

If they return s to the original lac...then their reputation will be diminished....so they won't

johnq

Since China has violated the LAC agreement already by occupying Indian territory and claiming Ladakh as Chinese territory, all agreements should be considered null and void: Which means that India can recognize Tibet as an independent nation that has been invaded by the Chinese.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
It's either lease or lose. Personally I would have preferred the option that says "lose followed by the public hanging of every current or retired IAS officer who served in MoD for the past 20 years, at India Gate," but I'll settle for "lease."
I was one who was so happy that Indian Army artillery directorate has indeed pulled it off and that meduimisation dream will be quietly fulfilled.

With Sarang having been successfully test-fired, Dhanush having been inducted the game plan was so simple. about 400 Bofors existing in inventory and to be replaced by Dhanush in a phased manner, about 300 M40 being upguned to Sarang, 100 K-9 Vajra and ATAGS having a promise things were looking good...

But look at that damn OFB - only six Dhanus given over a period of two years, Only two Sarangas inducted, ATAGS bursting barrel ... Things are at square one again....

What a bloody disappointment.... I think it can not be a mere coincidence and bad luck... There is something behind that is not meeting the eye. It is DRDO or OFB that is playing games for someone else...

Why do Indian Armed Forces have to live from crisis to crisis in terms of weapons and equipment when some bastard is quietly amassing money to buy a Bungalow in Bangalore or Chennai or Delhi.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I was one who was so happy that Indian Army artillery directorate has indeed pulled it off and that meduimisation dream will be quietly fulfilled.

With Sarang having been successfully test-fired, Dhanush having been inducted the game plan was so simple. about 400 Bofors existing in inventory and to be replaced by Dhanush in a phased manner, about 300 M40 being upguned to Sarang, 100 K-9 Vajra and ATAGS having a promise things were looking good...

But look at that damn OFB - only six Dhanus given over a period of two years, Only two Sarangas inducted, ATAGS bursting barrel ... Things are at square one again....

What a bloody disappointment.... I think it can not be a mere coincidence and bad luck... There is something behind that is not meeting the eye. It is DRDO or OFB that is playing games for someone else...

Why do Indian Armed Forces have to live from crisis to crisis in terms of weapons and equipment when some bastard is quietly amassing money to buy a Bungalow in Bangalore or Chennai or Delhi.
Things will not change unless these dalals sitting in PSU,MOD, army and MEA are not kicked out.

etantra

Country flag

How is this. Looks like china got wind of this late or could have been shot down. Sows how confident US was of its plan.

Is China doing the same with its planes/ships etc?

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

24 dhanush have been delivered as per below tweet.. Quite a few were already ready but could not be handed over or theie trials were delayed due to covid

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
If it is anywhere near as good as Tomahawk then it will be a valuable asset. There is a reason US military prefers them over cruise ones.
Pakis may be pissing in their pants after this news. With Bigger payload Pindi & Islamabad is toast.
There is a lot of misinformation also that the government gives in order to check the box of 'public information'. I'd say that some of the 'testing and failing' is more of a cover-up designed by the GOI to keep the eyes of Anglo-Saxons away from our defence. The USA always tries to dig information on a lot of China's defence projects because the CCP remains absolutely mum about its military developments.

However, by giving 'some' news, our folks may try to deflect the attention of the global community.

The good thing about Nirbhay is that if deployed from Ladakh or Sikkim, it can easily target PLAAF bases and rocket artillery regiments deep inside East Turkestan and Tibet. What's worse, if the same missiles are deployed in Arunachal Pradesh, they can hit targets as deep as Chengdu city.

I just did a preliminary check on the distances from Dibang to Chengdu and it comes to somewhere around 981 Km. Chengdu is a critical city that has much of PLAAF's aerospace industry. If the conflict were to hypothetically get very hot, Nirbhays can be used to rain hell on their aerospace factories in Chengdu and flatten the city. Sure this might seem a lot, but basically, this message needs to be sent across the Himalayas.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
This is a test for Modi give a strong statement world is watching
I don't think he would issue any statement other than saying that Indian territory will be defended using any measures necessary. That's how responsible powers respond. We don't have to speak the same verbal language that CCP and Gobar Times speak. The more the CCP blusters, the more people around the world lose their trust in China.

Any statement made by China now would be taken with a fistful of karelaa the world over. It also means that we have a blank check and no one would ask us to stop hostilities once they commence.

I'd rather Modi use that bluster and ferocity on the ground by allowing our forces and resources to go berserk against the invading forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles