India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Hearing chatter about India "leasing" hundreds of M777. These will be pulled out of existing US inventory along with a purchase of compatible ammunition from US inventory. Possibly India has the option to negotiate and buy the leased M777 in the future.

The US has a little over 1,000 pieces in its inventory, and India got 25 out of 145 pieces it ordered, with the remaining scheduled to be locally made and delivered by the year 4099 (will miss the chicom cookout).

This will all need US Congress approval and tons of K-street jugglery, so don't celebrate just yet.

doreamon

Country flag
Hearing chatter about India "leasing" hundreds of M777. These will be pulled out of existing US inventory along with a purchase of compatible ammunition from US inventory. Possibly India has the option to negotiate and buy the leased M777 in the future.

This will need US Congress approval, so don't hold your breath.
Kalyani ulh gaya phir ... looks like war is more real now as per army assesment .

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I don't think wet lease idea will work, it will rather create more problems IMO.

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
Wet lease is a different beast altogether. They are talking about just leases. Nobody has discussed outsourcing the pilots and more. That's what wet lease is.
Wet leases won't just work with eg B2s but also with platforms like Rafales. If for example, we lease a further 2 squadron for Rafales immediately, I don't think we have enough trained pilots to fly all of them.
You are right, our pilot-cockpit ratio seems less than 1 according to this 2016 article. Things may have changed since but one suspects by not much.

Knowitall

Personally not a fan of this whole lease idea.

If this whole thing comes under effect we are looking at a even lethargic MOD and army not pursuing domestic projects or even global tenders seriously.

Rather when ever some problem arises they will just start leasing things for a short period of time which can seriously effect our armed forces in the future.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Personally not a fan of this whole lease idea.

If this whole thing comes under effect we are looking at a even lethargic MOD and army not pursuing domestic projects or even global tenders seriously.

Rather when ever some problem arises they will just start leasing things for a short period of time which can seriously effect our armed forces in the future.
It's either lease or lose. Personally I would have preferred the option that says "lose followed by the public hanging of every current or retired IAS officer who served in MoD for the past 20 years, at India Gate," but I'll settle for "lease."

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
It's either lease or lose. Personally I would have preferred the option that says "lose followed by the public hanging of every IAS officer who served in MoD for the past 20 years, at India Gate," but I'll settle for "lease."
let's be clear,

hang them by their balls....

captscooby81

Country flag
They are ready to build even more faster and also deliver faster the only problem is we don't have money to pay at the pace which they can manufacture .Wait and watch how long it takes for these 5 Rafales to reach india from now . Last time they assisted us by sending tanker along this time no such courtesy extended .

F
Holy mother of tits, they are rolling them out like cakes. Thats a benchmark to set for our own prod facilities.

captscooby81

Country flag
Wet Lease Dry Lease are civilian airline terms . Funny how same can be used for military terms , If they are going to send their fighters with pilots and ground crew won't it be similar to something we call NATO ? Wet Lease won't apply in military terms it will be called an Alliance . QUAD

I don't think wet lease idea will work, it will rather create more problems IMO.

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
It's either lease or lose. Personally I would have preferred the option that says "lose followed by the public hanging of every current or retired IAS officer who served in MoD for the past 20 years, at India Gate," but I'll settle for "lease."
What the lease does is to introduce a lot of uncertainty for China. Firstly, they cant be sure how many we will lease and what are the terms ?

Secondly, suppose China invades Taiwan. It would take lots of time for US to assemble and deploy their navy. But if they have a lot of weapons in India they could just revoke the lease, take back their weapons and attack China via land. IMO the lease would have terms like the US forces can come to India and take back the weapons.

I think the lease is more likely the deployment of the US military in India. It has been perhaps couched as a lease but there is a very thin line between US leasing equipment and US being party to a war.

captscooby81

Country flag
Regarding deployment of Nirbhay CM i am sure it won't be more than 2 TELs which we kept seeing them in past including one in RD parade , So it would be like Kargil redux Pinaka getting on field trails in real environment of war rather simulated ones . If action escalate to CM level in ladakh then few Nirbhay will be fired and based on their performance few tweaks here and there will be done before mass production

captscooby81

Country flag
We have leased Nuclear SSN for last 1 decade hope people don't forget that , In lease it would be just the weapon which will come operational job will be done by our armed forces personnel

What the lease does is to introduce a lot of uncertainty for China. Firstly, they cant be sure how many we will lease and what are the terms ?

Secondly, suppose China invades Taiwan. It would take lots of time for US to assemble and deploy their navy. But if they have a lot of weapons in India they could just revoke the lease, take back their weapons and attack China via land. IMO the lease would have terms like the US forces can come to India and take back the weapons.

I think the lease is more likely the deployment of the US military in India. It has been perhaps couched as a lease but there is a very thin line between US leasing equipment and US being party to a war.

Knowitall

Just hope that we don't become addicted to this.

Leasing will leave us at the mercy of others and they might not always be in a position to help us.

It's fine right now but after this we better concentrate on our own domestic platforms.

Money is not in abundance and needs to be spent wisely.

Cheran

Country flag
MEA babus should wake up from their deep slumber and state that we don't recognise One China Policy! Fuck these batshit animal-penis eating bastards!
1. PMO should have thanked the Taiwan President for birthday greetings
2. No amount of diplomatic sweet talk or taking care of Chinese sensitivity is going to end their land claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles