India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

doreamon

Country flag
chinese have been digging for underground cables . Will be life saver in electronic warfare . Do we have such infra on our side ? Thats how 1st wave ll come i think . Heavy missile attack , air raids on our defence stuctures radars etc and electronic and cyber warfare to sabotage our communication line . This might be followed by ground attack .

another_armchair

Country flag
chinese have been digging for underground cables . Will be life saver in electronic warfare . Do we have such infra on our side ? Thats how 1st wave ll come i think . Heavy missile attack , air raids on our defence stuctures radars etc and electronic and cyber warfare to sabotage our communication line . This might be followed by ground attack .
Where will the Chinese attack? Where will the heavy missile attack, air raids happen?

garg_bharat

Country flag
Modi’s UNGA speech was another vasudaiva kutum-bunkam.
I HOPE TO GOD THAT
1. indian military has a worked out Plan 1 & 2 & 3 of how to fight a serious border war with PLA/PLAAF
2. That we have been secretly acquiring spares ammo missles from Russia Israel USA and FRANCE these last 3 months
3. We have serious hook up with USA real time intelligence 24 hours a day so e know each every chinease move
4. That we have secured AND rescured our communication lines which the chinease will launch CYBER attack on at the very outset of a serious show down.

THEY HAVE COME TO TEACH US A LESSON ........... I HOPE we are ready
India may need a big mobilization to face China. I would say this is the first existential challenge to India since it's creation.

another_armchair

Country flag
I have not heard any significant mobilization in eastern sector so it has to be western sector i.e laddakh .
Where exactly? Where will the missiles rain? Where will AI/EW cripple our assets?
Which base? Which sector? Which sub sector?
Or will the Chinese throw a large net like a fisherman and capture the whole of Ladakh UT ?

etantra

Country flag
PAF a few years back reached a conclusion that IAF should have too reached sometime back.

Sanctions lack of funding made PAF realise that their dreams of having a truly modern air force was never going to work.

They decided to tone down a bit and went with quantity has a quality of its own.

JF-17 is a inferior aircraft nothing much special about it.

But with block to block launch and regular updates with in house repair capability they have managed to reform their air force quite a bit.

They cannot gain air superiority over IAF not now not in the future but that was not their plan.

Their plan is to divert resources of the IAF too such an extent that they break on one front.

Over time china has been building airbases to deploy PlAAF in heavy numbers.

In the coming years IAF will indeed face problems as a preemptive strike on our bases by china can be devastating.

We don't have the numbers to shore up our squadron's and losses will have profound effect on the scope of our operations.

IAF has been trying to mitigate this problem through purchases of air defence systems and now the unified air command but a lot more still needs to be done.

The issue will really prop up when both jaguar and mig-21 retire.

We are looking at 200 aircraft being retired in the next few years.

Honestly I consider both mig-21 and jaguar obsolete both the airframes are old and jaguar's engine is underpowered both dont stand much of a chance against decent air defence systems.

They can still be useful in combined ops but their time has come.

IAF has a very difficult choice to make in the future let go of their dreams for high end fighters filling the whole of airforce and concentrate more on shoring up numbers or else we will he looking at parity not dominance on both fronts and many others factors come into play.

You don't want to leave so much to chance.
It is for that reason India has to strike first in the name of PoK and degrade PAF. Break apart Pakistan.

Will clear out the 2 front problem.

johnq

An attack by a nuclear warhead of sufficient yield alone can guarantee its destruction. Such large and important dams are have built in tolerances to cater for powerful earth quakes, enemy bomb attack, sabotage etc. We don't have the inside information on how many tonnes of TNT it can withstand. Such design info will be kept secret.

An attack by a single Brahmos or even multiple will not bring down a structure weighing hundreds of thousands of tonnes and using thousands of tonnes of steel reinforcement. Detailed calculations need to be done to calculate how much of explosive power will be required and the weaknesses in the structure.

It is the biggest hydroelectric dam in the world and massive.
Nuclear weapons will need to be used, otherwise you would need thousands of missiles and sorties by bomber aircraft.
The interview I posted earlier was about how the dam was under tremendous strain with the flooding earlier, and the engineers released the water early (causing massive flooding) because they were afraid of damage, probably because of the Chinese cutting corners. It all depends on the amount of pressure on the dam, and how well it was built. If you hit it when it's full at the right spot(s) to weaken the structural integrity, then "let nature take its course," would a few Brahmos do it? If not, there is always Shaurya missile.

Desi Aam

Country flag
On busting dams....wont require thousands of missiles....just a few ...well placed explosives would do the job...!

Was done by the Brits in WW2...!

Dessert Storm

Country flag
4 squadrons of Jags will remain in service till 2035-37.
Without engine change that's kind of optimistic. If Mk1A and MWF work out fine, then it would be even more improbable. The earliest we can look at an indigenous 40kn engine is 2025. I hope they get some engine offer at a reasonable rate.

doreamon

Country flag
Indians have it covered don't worry.
What's the date of India's creation?
U want to go back to geological time scale then it could be around the time when indian tectonic plate got separated from gondwana land around 100 million years ago and himalaya started rising . There were no modern human beings though . primate started diverging from mammals around 85mil years back .

Dessert Storm

Country flag
U want to go back to geological time scale then it could be around the time when indian tectonic plate got separated from gondwana land around 100 million years ago and himalaya started rising . There were no modern human beings though . primate started diverging from mammals around 85mil years back .
Kindly read the question again. Comprehend it fully. Get back to me if you have the answer. Your long winded reply is appreciated anyways, for the effort you put in.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Taiwan and UAE have about 127 Mirage 2K between them.

If only we could get our hands on a few of them.
None of them is selling. UAE has signed upgrades for the fleet and are looking at buying Astra missiles for the M2K fleet. Taiwan cannot sell in the midst of standoff with China. They need the birds. Rest are all reports.

Bhairav

Country flag
Sorry for this off-topic question but i couldn't find any other thread related to this.

Guys what's happening ( or is going to happen ) b/w ARMENIA and AZERBAIJAN? are they really going to fight a war??

Waiting for your comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles