India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumata

Country flag
Sort of offtopic for thread -

But I always wonder, why we did not merged bangladesh with us in 71. I am sure this fact would have crossed than ruling dispensation but something prevented that from happening....

Any pointers from historians here... where i can dig deeper into this subject would be appreciated....

The Maverick

Country flag
if we take a beating in ladakh who do we blame govt for lack of funding or a generation of military leaders and strategic so called experts for not highlighting our defence short Coming or not understanding how 21st century warfare has evolved .

it's not about troop numbers boys.
it's about cyber and artificial warfare combined with stand off weapons from air and ground . the troops only get involved after they have decimated our arteries,and communication lines.

the Chinese don't need to outnumber us to annexe and hold crucial checkpoints in ladakh .

my fear is they will.blind us first destroy our air power infrastructure and then massacre thousands of troops after isolating them in the hills.

we will see because these three months have given us time to prepare and get ammo and spares,in stock let's hope our tactics are good

another_armchair

Country flag
if we take a beating in ladakh who do we blame govt for lack of funding or a generation of military leaders and strategic so called experts for not highlighting our defence short Coming or not understanding how 21st century warfare has evolved .

it's not about troop numbers boys.
it's about cyber and artificial warfare combined with stand off weapons from air and ground . the troops only get involved after they have decimated our arteries,and communication lines.

the Chinese don't need to outnumber us to annexe and hold crucial checkpoints in ladakh .

my fear is they will.blind us first destroy our air power infrastructure and then massacre thousands of troops after isolating them in the hills.

we will see because these three months have given us time to prepare and get ammo and spares,in stock let's hope our tactics are good
:rotfl:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

But I always wonder, why we did not merged bangladesh with us in 71. I am sure this fact would have crossed than ruling dispensation but something prevented that from happening....

Any pointers from historians here... where i can dig deeper into this subject would be appreciated....
At the very least we should have tried solving chicken Neck Problem.
Chicken Neck should have been sorted out during Partition itself, I don't who looked at chicken Neck and thought that this 40 km narrow corridor can be a good thing.

Other than that if we had joint control of Chittagong port we would have better connectivity with with North east, the Chittagong Hill was a Buddhist majority area any way.

We gave too much land to Pakistan and Bangladesh thanks to Negddu.

Also we gave away Kabaw valley which had been recorded part of Manipuri Kingdom since 1400. Negddu sold India like free real estate.

indian-subcontinent-map (2).jpg

Stalingrad

#WATCH Tanks and infantry combat vehicles of Indian Army deployed near the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Chumar-Demchok area in eastern Ladakh. Note: All visuals cleared by competent authority on ground. https://t.co/2RubzNnlCK

#WATCH Indian Army deploys T-90 & T-72 tanks along with BMP-2 Infantry Combat Vehicles that can operate at temperatures up to minus 40 degree Celsius, near Line of Actual Control in Chumar-Demchok area in Eastern Ladakh. Note: All visuals cleared by competent authority on ground https://t.co/RiRBv4sMud

scatterStorm

Country flag
I sometimes wonder if India should have forced our neighbouring countries to sign a military and economic pact with us.

banglasdesh after its independence nepal during the hindu monarchy similarly sri lanka and maldives too

Kind of how russia has with its ex-soviet states.
The SEA countries had many issues of there own. So joining to an agreement is simply not reasonable for them in the 90s. Plus western and soviet nexus was at powerplay.

Knowitall

muslims in bengal were big supports of partition and later on an independent bangladesh. the awami league party at that time was extremely popular and some of its demands were a Federal State separate currency and military and so on.

They most probably would not have tolerated our rule and just like LTTE we could have ended with an insurgency on our borders. we already had insurgency in NE and naxal areas so this could be a even greater problem.

The international community would have not tolerated this and sanctioned us calling us occupiers though we did have USSR on our side.

our economy was a shitshow.

but the main reason is our policy of a peace loving nation and the typical nonsense of we haven't invaded we love everyone nonsense.

The least we could have done was take territory based on our participation in the war and create proper defined and manned borders.

Slap a treaty on bangladesh forcing them in our camp with clauses that made them dependent on us.

Create a sort of dominion.

But instead we messed it all up and only after the assassination of the first president did we realize the problems but like always it was too late and like most problems this too will come to bite us later on.

Knowitall

The SEA countries had many issues of there own. So joining to an agreement is simply not reasonable for them in the 90s. Plus western and soviet nexus was at powerplay.
Oh we did have a plan in place already.

Indira doctrine would have resulted in eventual merging of nepal and bhutan and further control of bangladesh.

It would most probably have seen other countries too coming into our fold.

The doctrine explicitly stated that India should use both it's diplomatic and Military power to bring countries under our fold.

The doctrine didn't shy away from military deployment and regime changes as a way to keep our interests safe.

It also declared the SEA as our area of influence from where both US and USSR have to be kept out.

It was our Monroe doctrine of sorts.

Unfortunately the doctrine pretty much went out of existence in the years after the assassination.

johnq

Flooding Could Drown China's Military
One Brahmos missile cracking the Three Gorges dam, and the nerve center of China's military in Wuhan will drown. They have considerable military resources in the area. It's also where the Chinese Covid-19 virus was created in a Chinese military lab.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
One Brahmos missile cracking the Three Gorges dam, and the nerve center of China's military in Wuhan will drown. They have considerable military resources in the area. It's also where the Chinese Covid-19 virus was created in a Chinese military lab.
There isn't just military. There are a huge number of civilians. You are taking collateral to a whole new level. Let the military decide on what to take out and when. They would be aware of its existence and its importance.

cereal killer

Country flag

Thank goodness we did not. Imagine too many muslims in fragile north east. Never ending riots. Bangladesh will be the last nation on planet we should not even think of merging. It was & it will always be a overpopulated shi*hole.

Knowitall

We will not touch the dam it will turn public opposition both inside and outside china very much against us.

Until and unless the war turn into a all out war with cities being targeted don't expect to see any kind of action of such sorts.

etantra

Country flag
muslims in bengal were big supports of partition and later on an independent bangladesh. the awami league party at that time was extremely popular and some of its demands were a Federal State separate currency and military and so on.

They most probably would not have tolerated our rule and just like LTTE we could have ended with an insurgency on our borders. we already had insurgency in NE and naxal areas so this could be a even greater problem.

The international community would have not tolerated this and sanctioned us calling us occupiers though we did have USSR on our side.

our economy was a shitshow.

but the main reason is our policy of a peace loving nation and the typical nonsense of we haven't invaded we love everyone nonsense.

The least we could have done was take territory based on our participation in the war and create proper defined and manned borders.

Slap a treaty on bangladesh forcing them in our camp with clauses that made them dependent on us.

Create a sort of dominion.

But instead we messed it all up and only after the assassination of the first president did we realize the problems but like always it was too late and like most problems this too will come to bite us later on.
US charged Iraq for the Kuwait war.. Did India charge Bangladesh for the 71 war?

It is only a few years back UK finished paying off US for the WW2 help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles