India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade

Country flag
Make no mistake, we'll kick China's ass as long as we can get them to start the war. On heights, ratios tend to be 9-12 : 1, and the Chinese don't have the experience, ability or hunger to take those peaks from us (also we oversee most of their positions near Pangong Tso). If they try to bomb us out - that isn't usually a very successful tactic, and we can dig in/wait it out on reverse slopes.

And regarding the other areas of incursion (which I believe are all tankable areas - correct me if wrong) - we will smash the absolute hell out of them if they try to engage with us in tank warfare; that too by coming through narrow passes in some areas.

Just have to find a way to make them attack.
Nahi hoga, they don't want a war/skirmish, which will eventually cause the West to sanction their precious export oriented industry, there goes their $15 trillion economy for a toss.
So they attempt to accomplish their goals by surprise landgrabs and then intimidation of 2nd largest economy, look at my MIC, largest army with kung fu etc.
In event of the fact that their stunts are partially successful, like it did after the events of Aug 29-30 they will try the next year, or the year after that.

See their slaves next door used to insert jihadis into Kashmir, and make good use of the SpEsHuL StATuS to Kashmir, expecting no retaliation, but they got surgical strike, balakot madarsa bombing and 370 gaya, now they are impotent and defanged.

Similarly the inflated balloon of the imposing 10 foot China man needs to be burst by some contained military action to retake F4-F8, they poke us with a stick and think we will not escalate, we must poke them back with a stick and see whether they fear escalating.

shade

Country flag

In other news, KOI NAHI GHUSSA, ISRO edition

US Think-Tank Claims China Attacked Indian Satellite Communications, ISRO Says Systems Never Compromised

China Aerospace Studies Institute (CASI) a think-tank based in the United States of America, has released a report which claims that China carried out a computer network attack on Indian satellite communications in 2017, reports Times of India.

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in response have asserted that its systems have never been compromised till date. However, it also acknowledges that cyber-attacks continue to remain a persistent threat.

“Cyber threats are a given but it cannot be ascertained who are behind such attacks. We’ve systems in place to alert us and I don’t think we’ve ever been compromised. The Chinese may have tried and failed,” a senior scientist said to TOI.

The scientist added that India has an independent network that is isolated and unconnected from the public domain like the internet. This framework has managed to ensure the security of the systems.

ISRO Chairman Kailasavadivoo Sivan echoed the same views. “The threat perception is always there and it’s not unique to India. We are secure,” he is quoted as saying in the report.

CASI’s study reveals multiple cyber-attacks conducted by China from 2012-18. However, it elaborates only the computer strike on Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in 2012. That incident allowed China to attain complete functional control over the NASA field center’s network in 2012.

AZTEC

Country flag
By Xi's Chennai visit, do you mean the invitation that was extended to him in 2019 after Doklam 2017?

Sure bro, invite someone who tried to hit you for dinner at your home. Sterling show of personal relationship. Surely they won't attack again now that you have rolled out a red carpet for him and all?

Wait, what do you mean they attacked again? You mean inviting them after they attacked you doesn't work??

Maybe Modi should invite Xi again, maybe a grander welcome will stop them for attacking next time. Yeah, surely.
Bro; That’s not how statecraft works.

What you are saying is as cringeworthy as all those complains about ‘Modi travelling around the world’ (as if his state visits are a picnic).

Talking to your foes is an integral part of diplomacy. My simple question to you: why did Soviet and American leaders meet during the cold war?

(Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev, left, and U.S. President John F. Kennedy)

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Make no mistake, we'll kick China's ass as long as we can get them to start the war. On heights, ratios tend to be 9-12 : 1, and the Chinese don't have the experience, ability or hunger to take those peaks from us (also we oversee most of their positions near Pangong Tso). If they try to bomb us out - that isn't usually a very successful tactic, and we can dig in/wait it out on reverse slopes.

And regarding the other areas of incursion (which I believe are all tankable areas - correct me if wrong) - we will smash the absolute hell out of them if they try to engage with us in tank warfare; that too by coming through narrow passes in some areas.

Start taking PoK GB. They have to attack then.

Brood Father

Country flag
Dear Sir, It's not just Xi, it's the CCP. CCP ain't going back with or without Xi, unless handed a defeat. That world you are referring to is four years away. Those are negotiations between IA and CMC. Let SJ play his games. He's really good at it.
Let me make it more simpler for you ..It's not CCP also...It's strong vs weak ..even if you make CCP disappear any government over there will start laying claim in the same area...for instance 15 years back Taiwan also laid claim in Arunachal and Ladhak.
Right now even Nepal is causing trouble for us ..unless we start inflicting cost no one will take us seriously ...
Abhee bhee time hai ..4 MT nuclear bomb test Karo with MIRV...tell one senior leader to leak that this will be for Beijing , Shanghai etc..
I will be happy if people will call me suicidal madman than a softpower

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Bro; That’s not how statecraft works.

What you are saying is as cringeworthy as all those complains about ‘Modi travelling around the world’ (as if his state visits are a picnic).

Talking to your foes is an integral part of diplomacy. My simple question to you: why did Soviet and American leaders meet during the cold war?

(Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev, left, and U.S. President John F. Kennedy)
There's diplomatic talking, and there's making a public spectacle. Both Xi and Trump visits were public spectacles. While the second is justified in my eyes because Trump hasn't harmed India like Xi did.

Did US or USSR make a public spectacle out of state visits like Modi did in case of Xi?

A public spectacle sets a very different atmosphere than a diplomatic talk with your foe does. It's his whole nariyal Pani jhula jhuli spectacle that's an eyesore in the context.

shade

Country flag
Let me make it more simpler for you ..It's not CCP also...It's strong vs weak ..even if you make CCP disappear any government over there will start laying claim in the same area...for instance 15 years back Taiwan also laid claim in Arunachal and Ladhak.
Right now even Nepal is causing trouble for us ..unless we start inflicting cost no one will take us seriously ...
Abhee bhee time hai ..4 MT nuclear bomb test Karo with MIRV...tell one senior leader to leak that this will be for Beijing , Shanghai etc..
Nukes zyada hua, better shoot some kung-fu pla chinks instead, check how they react.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Thank you for simplifying it. However, the discussion was in context of politics and personalities involved at this point in time.
You are broadly right with the testing part. Just go through the NOTAMs on the NOTAM thread or DRDO News and discussions thread. We are testing lot of things. Prithvi 2 was tested yesterday as a signal(too). Let the govt go up the escalation ladder 'their way' (if you believe we're in right hands).
Countries don't take calls on wars just so that some 'normally sensible' guy reinvents himself as as 'suicidal madman'.

Last edited:

AZTEC

Country flag
There's diplomatic talking, and there's making a public spectacle. Both Xi and Trump visits were public spectacles. While the second is justified in my eyes because Trump hasn't harmed India like Xi did.

Did US or USSR make a public spectacle out of state visits like Modi did in case of Xi?

A public spectacle sets a very different atmosphere than a diplomatic talk with your foe does. It's his whole nariyal Pani jhula jhuli spectacle that's an eyesore in the context.
You should appreciate Modi for going that extra mile to try to improve relations with China.

Let me give you an example. China is a very large potential market for Indian firms; as China slowly becomes a developed country, their manufacturing sector will become cost-wise incompetent vis-à-vis that of India.

Let me give you another example; Chinese investments in the Indian economy actually helps us to grow. Look at what China did in the past; they milked decades of American investment to grow even though they considered America, even back then, as a foe. We should be doing the same.

I could have written more but my hands are too lazy right now to type.

I hope I answered your question.:)

Illusive

Country flag

So only if US and USSR does it then you would have stayed silent?

We set the template as we want to have it. We don't need other to set examples. Already we have set a template for others to handle China by banning their apps and businesses.

India will fight where it needs to fight. It will talk peace where it want to talk peace.

shade

Country flag
You should appreciate Modi for going that extra mile to try to improve relations with China.

Let me give you an example. China is a very large potential market for Indian firms; as China slowly becomes a developed country, their manufacturing sector will become cost-wise incompetent vis-à-vis that of India.

Let me give you another example; Chinese investments in the Indian economy actually helps us to grow. Look at what China did in the past; they milked decades of American investment to grow even though they considered America, even back then, as a foe. We should be doing the same.

I could have written more but my hands are too lazy right now to type.

I hope I answered your question.:)
You mean to say....

Why bother with a land, where not even a blade of grass grows?

while seeing dreams of LARGE CHINESE MARKET.

Truth is we are the LARGE MARKET for the Chinese, not the other way around.

Give up land to the Chinese basically, for very minimal benefit to us 👍

Modi govt should do the tried and tested Maunmohan / Cong Govt strategy next time, Bury any news about Chinese incursions, so that the illusion of Hindi-Cheeni bhai bhai ❤ remains, and Chinese investments, Chinese L1 bids and cheap imports continue to flow 🤑

Atleast it will spare us the heart burn and soldiers the guandaos/spiked iron rods etc of the Chinese.

Cactus09

Country flag

I am worried about the 6km missiles of The T-15. Do we have ways to negate that?

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Can't blame only politicos for everything.. they come from the same population. The problem is in entire populace in general, otherwise why do you think IAF was seriously lacking in strength locally on 27th Feb? Couldn't they have predicated after Balakote the Pakis will try to do something stupid. Also, ROE on that day.. typical Gandhiwaad.. they should have opened up the ROE.. There were hardly any CAPs in that sector on Feb 27th.... even my 6 yo son if had fight with neighbor will be on watch out for retaliation the next day...

It was only tactical brilliance and bravery by pilots in cockpit that we were able to repulse them..
.....a few good men ....

Akula

Country flag
Absolutely thing is there should not be any negotiation regarding our land. China is messing with a 1.3bn people country not a teeny tiny country. Our standards are so low that even steps to strengthen our positions along border is sold as victory. Look at the media who has already declared victory on ladakh.
If I was Xi Jinping I'd be lmao.

I don't know why it is a hard thing for political establishment to get inside their heads that.. China will come for you if not today then Tommorow. Better than ever. This civilizational change needs to happen. We have never learned anything from 1000s of years of history really.
It is same as Suheldev fought against the islamic invaders and for 160 years there was no invasion. But after that period they came again and ruled for 800 years.

Indrajit

Country flag

While I have been always critical of Modi’s handling of China, this over the top spectacle is not entirely surprising. Leaders of Modi’s type, those who have won massive majorities have a narcissistic streak whether they display that publicly or not. They believe that they are special and that to some extent, they can do what no one else could. If one were diplomatic, you say such people have a “sense of history”. Boils down to the same, they believe that they can do things that elude others. Sometimes they can but it’s usually a combination of different factors at play. That’s not how they see it, what with the sense of history and all that dancing inside their heads. Every leader in India has suffered from this syndrome, even those who were accidental Prime Ministers like Gujral and Manmohan Singh. Modi was no accidental PM, imagine how much more of this “sense of history” would have been in his head. It’s why Modi thought he could work with Pakistan with a few grand gestures and do the same with Xi and china. With the Pakistanis, he did a two steps forward, one step back kind of thing till the whole thing collapsed in a heap. With the Chinese, he has been even more blinkered. Xi showed his cards in the very first meeting where the PLA intruded and though Modi did stand up to it, clearly the Chinese didn’t think much of him. The Doklam situation should have removed any blinkers existing but Modi still couldn’t bring himself to accept the failure of that particular outreach. Reinforcing failure is bad both militarily and diplomatically.

Be that as it may, I believe the current situation gives us our best opportunity yet to face the reality squarely. Maybe a new chapter will yet be written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles