India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

omaebakabaka

India ain't using them against any of its neighbours. We'll see them in Naxal areas & in Naval exercises.
Thing is Indian MIC will never develop if we keep this attitude of buying costly toys like these. Instead we will end up giving hafta to both Russia & US with this attitude.
The day we have a fit & running MIC.. Pakistan front won't even matter. China wouldn't dare to look at our borders.
India could have used it in Ladakh if we had it to see Chinese intrusions and coordinate with foot patrols. This is how we end up falling behind....you don't have it you can't build operation use in practice. Give me a break with DRDO, this is not the time to depend on it for armed drones with that range. We need to be in this space and 3b is small amount to step into it and use it ASAP.

Knowitall

If only trump did more on the ground than just govind speeches.

It seems even GOI is re-evaluating tiktok.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Well seems like it has been agreed at the corps commander meet not to send any more troops to the frontline. I wouldnt trust the Chinese though. Their in-depth deployments need to be monitered. They can mobilize far quicker than us due to a terrain advantage.
The problem is once the passes close on the Indian side in winter, the PLA can mobilize quicker than us, inspite of being in far flung areas.
I suggest we deploy another division in depth areas in Leh.. When asked about the agreement to not rush more troops to frontline, we can always say that the newly inducted troops are far from the frontline, and are in depth areas.. :)

omaebakabaka

Really, dude.... Please, I urge you to search the thread here.
Or I will do it for you, if you say.
Offer me a counter evidence in interception or practicality of it even in those times. Ofcourse it did some recon but we still ended up somehow Pakistan going on offensive with surprize. There is a lot of fan hype but it came in a transitional tech time....most countries ended up retiring them. I like it for its engineering but practically it does not do a lot without a doctrine like Russia with Kinzhal e.t.c

Cactus09

Country flag
What meltdown armed forces have a history of messing around with projects how do you think IAF came to be in this position.

Both the congress and IAF were shitting on IAF and even now they won't approve while flying the rust bucket called mig-21.

If the Navy really wanted drones wanted drones for surveillance then triton would have been the best option as it could directly complement the p-8i jets. Australia had done the same.

We cut the p-8i order from 10 to 6 so I would have been better to field triton with greater range and greater surveillance capabilities.

As for IAF and IA both have heron which is excellent and can converted to armed drones also.

We can complement them with some rustom-2 to save money.

It is you who must understand the situation.
If it were so simple you would have been the CDS not Gen Bipin Rawat. Let the armed forces decide what they need.

cereal killer

Country flag
The problem is once the passes close on the Indian side in winter, the PLA can mobilize quicker than us, inspite of being in far flung areas.
I suggest we deploy another division in depth areas in Leh.. When asked about the agreement to not rush more troops to frontline, we can always say that the newly inducted troops are far from the frontline, and are in depth areas.. :)
If India agrees to this understanding on the ground.. Then it would be beyond foolish. I am in favour of all this Aman ki Asha tamasha but only in Diplomatic circles.. But not on the ground. Chinese are still out there in Depsang.. & Finger 4-8.. Our Armed forces have given some leverage to negotiate on equal terms.. We better not fcuk this all up

Dessert Storm

Country flag
If India agrees to this understanding on the ground.. Then it would be beyond foolish. I am in favour of all this Aman ki Asha tamasha but only in Diplomatic circles.. But not on the ground. Chinese are still out there in Depsang.. & Finger 4-8.. Our Armed forces have given some leverage to negotiate on equal terms.. We better not fcuk this all up
The govt would be making a paper plane out of that agreement. N they are going to land it on the trans-tibetan rail. Come on..... do you for a moment think that we believe them.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Oi, somebody in mods, I think that we can talk this about ELINTS on spy section.
Please clean the thread.
It started with @cereal killer bro curiosity and point on BIGGEST BULLY IN THE WORLD and now have derailed a thread(yes, I know it has been derailed from time to time), but still it is too much.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Oi, somebody in mods, I think that we can talk this about ELINTS on spy section.
Please clean the thread.
It started with @cereal killer bro curiosity and point on BIGGEST BULLY IN THE WORLD and now have derailed a thread(yes, I know it has been derailed from time to time), but still it is too much.
Done..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles