India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowitall

disagree, Joint statement by itself means nothing. our judgement should be based on action not words.

1971 is a rare exception where military handled surrender on their own, MEA has a role to play in most of these scenarios.
Even 1965 right I might be wrong but didn't the army chief at that time lie to the PM about war reserves forcing him to agree to the peace agreement.

shade

Country flag

Knowitall

This statement means that the Chinese are unable to send more troops to the border to match India and are now afraid of India unilaterally changing the LAC at it's discretion. Indian MEA goofed up.
I have already said it they keep reinforcing their locations their stance is more defence oriented.

The whole point is to tire us out waste enough time to turn this into the new status quo.

Then after a year or so repeat the same process.

IndiaRising

Country flag
1) stop sending more troops to frontline (clearly they are rattled by our force deployment in high altitude and it’s very difficult for them to match us)
2) refrain from unilaterally changing situation on ground (ummm this has already been done by the Chinese....no mention of pre-April status quo now)
3) avoid taking actions that may complicate situation ( basically don’t take any more actions like those in Chushul)

4) border areas......we have now agreed to call it border areas and not even define LAC

Last edited:

Indrajit

Country flag
Why is this Sharma guy saying everything *NOW* when Sundarji is long dead...?
Regardless of who you might like, you don’t call a former CoAS “this Sharma guy”. He did point out that he had said before but it wasn’t published. Maybe the occasion now brought interest in someone to ask the questions.

IndiaRising

Country flag
Pray that out side doesn't abide by these products of biscoot and chai.
The Chinese will not.
babus don’t want to spend more on LAC deployments round the clock like Siachen soeagerly want a solution at any cost, even if it means establishing the current positions as the new status quo

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Regardless of who you might like, you don’t call a former CoAS “this Sharma guy”. He did point out that he had said before but it wasn’t published. Maybe the occasion now brought interest in someone to ask the questions.
You also don't slander a dead man when he can't provide his side of the story.

maximus777

Country flag
Whatever happened to status ko aunty?!? At the very least Hans need to move back to April 2020 positions. This statement sort of freezes/legitimizes the current positions.

Whatever adjustments (in public domain) that we have made is on legit Indian territory which were unoccupied previously. It’s not like we occupied Tibetan or Chinese territory as a quid pro quo. So there is no motivation for the Hans to retreat unless there is a threat of force with a clear first strike.

shade

Country flag
babus don’t want to spend more on LAC deployments round the clock like Siachen soeagerly want a solution at any cost, even if it means establishing the current positions as the new status quo
It already is, pending application of the stick to the Chinese dogs squatting on the premises.

pruthvi24

Country flag

A lot of problems I have with this statement.
1)i don't think its a climbdown for India
2)china meekly accepting it has found its match and china can't bulldoze like it did with many countries in South China sea Propaganda is not doing any impact on Indian military on the other hand its becoming comical especially in India and rest of the world
the more issue gets dragged it will be difficult for china to explain to its impatient people who are waiting for swift and decisive victory

3)China i think is waiting for Us eclections to get over and have friendly Kamala harris govt when they announce war on India

Indrajit

Country flag
You also don't slander a dead man when he can't provide his side of the story.
He has named names, plenty of them. While many of them would no longer be with us, there will still be a few to corroborate it or not, one way or the other. This was the Easterm army commander, the man in the spot. Hardly some random guy.

In any case, I posted the interview for any who might be interested . I don’t claim personal knowledge and won’t be defending any view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles