India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shredder

Country flag
state sources please don't resort to rumormongering, the thread then spirals downhill after retarded baseless rumors.
One can never trust a Communist / former Communist state. Heck, their own citizens don't trust them.

Suhaldev

Country flag
Chinese built a 20-km motorable road along Jiwan Nala in 2010 and 15-km motorable road along Raki Nala from JAK II to GR 626516 in 2011, “both on the Indian side in the Depsang Plain without a scintilla of resistance”, Ravi said.

trojan

Country flag
These two aspects of discrepancies and small staff of the Diplomatic corps. Like IAS, the IFS cadre have also made large empires of bureaucracy for themselves. They have restricted the entry into IFS at the recruitment level much below the requirements so that every one of them is able to retire at the level of Paygrade and pension of a Secretary in the Union of India. Besides they do not have subordinate cadres as in the case of IAS and IPS where subordinate cadre is always eager to fill some higher spots.

This is a game of deficiency bureaucracies play to keep going up without anybody able to stop them.. Even a donkey becomes an ambassador.

Military attaches is one institution that they do not easily stand due to the better quality of those officers and the IFS not being their future makers. They have tried many stunts but things are better for MAs.
Slight correction. The IFS does have a subordinate cadre known as IFS ‘B’ recruited through SSC. There has always been turf wars between the DRs and the promotees with the former looking to restrict promotional avenues of the latter. Some promotees are also posted as Ambassadors to smaller nations. There was much furore when a promotee of Stenographer grade was appointed as Ambassador to North Korea.

OTOH this year is the 70th year of India China diplomatic relations and the MEA had planned a lot of cultural, sports activities and exchanges to celebrate the event before things went south.

cereal killer

Country flag
Hope we don't get fooled by the Russians. Remember the reports of Russia saying that the Chinese buildup is just an exercise.
Also Has PM thanked Taiwan president for birthday wishes? If not, it will be a big let down & means that we still have not exorcised the ghost of 10 foot chinaman.
I think he should thank her.. What more China can do about it? They are already at our borders with their armada.
But I don't think he will due to "One China stand".
I hope he thanks her personally on phone at least if he can't do that publicly

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Honestly don't buy that. We possibly hold advantage over Chinese in winter, but it is still a very difficult ops. What it translates to might be us losing 10 men to 50 of Chinese. I don't think GoI is looking for that kind of loss. Any ops in winter will be dead slow.

The movement we're seeing is to stop any further actions of Chinese.

Honestly, I am very apprehensive of GoI looking at how we handle previous such precedents. Even this GoI got tricked by Russians and Xi once.
Well Siachin happened, and idk about the Russian story, highly unlikely that the entire establishment made such crucial decisions on the basis of the intelligence inputs from another country.

Suhaldev

Country flag
Special Cell has arrested a freelance journalist Rajeev Sharma for passing sensitive information to Chinese intelligence. One Chinese lady and her Nepalese associate also arrested for paying him large amounts of money routed through shell companies- Delhi Police

So, nepal is new route for Chinese infiltration

Knowitall

Yes.. India was officially on Allies side. Majority of Indian soldiers were part of it that defeated Japanese troops & I guess INA as well
Yes Indian soldiers were also the last to leave hongkong and gave stiiff resistane to the japanese while they eventually retreated they did manage to stall them for several hours.

If only they had shown such dedication when our civilian population was being massacred by the british.

Always fought like true slaves those bastards if only they could show such dedication when our nation was being starved.

No sympathy for them they were slaves of the british and died like slaves and shall always remain so their battles their achievements will always be for the british never for us.

Last edited:

HawkisRight

Country flag
I'm afraid that's wrong. The Jaoanese did attack India and suffered their worst land defeats at Imphal and Kohima. They also attacked the Andamans and were ill disposed to Indians and treated them harshly.

Old stories now but history is what it is.

And not to forget Japanese put sanctions on India after 98 nuke tests on Daddy America orders..only French and Russian supported India at that time..that's all history now but Japanese were no saints in past but we shouldn't judge current Indo Japan partnership on past only cause we need them to invest in Indian market, infrastructure, overall growth

scatterStorm

Country flag
This article is an eye opener, the author provides details with the opportunity for the Indian side to use the winters for the maximum. Change status quo in winter. If we can push more towards Spangur, then they will flank us from north of Pangong, or plains of Depsang.

My question is, Depsang is largely vacated, can we use winter to push outwards LAC further through mechanized columns?

1600499826576.png

Last edited:

garg_bharat

Country flag
These shlokas were written for different times and are not that much applicable now. 21st century warfare is fought on economic, diplomatic , and military fronts - all fought simultaneously. Today’s jockeying is very very complex, nothing our Vedic ancestors could have even contemplated.
Geeta is based on Veda and Veda is universal and for all times.

A bad king means dacoity, theft, insult of women and learned, poverty and disease are commonplace.

You can call prime minister as king of today's time.

another_armchair

Country flag
Special Cell has arrested a freelance journalist Rajeev Sharma for passing sensitive information to Chinese intelligence. One Chinese lady and her Nepalese associate also arrested for paying him large amounts of money routed through shell companies- Delhi Police

So, nepal is new route for Chinese infiltration

Nepal has been a pain point for a long time.

The Gorkhaland agitation had its roots in Nepal and was funded by China. Thankfully, GNLF did not take a very violent path like ULFA or Maoists. Can in all likelihood be attributed to the large number of ex servicemen among the Gorkha community.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Honestly don't buy that. We possibly hold advantage over Chinese in winter, but it is still a very difficult ops. What it translates to might be us losing 10 men to 50 of Chinese. I don't think GoI is looking for that kind of loss. Any ops in winter will be dead slow.

The movement we're seeing is to stop any further actions of Chinese.

Honestly, I am very apprehensive of GoI looking at how we handle previous such precedents. Even this GoI got tricked by Russians and Xi once.
Why are you so scared of losses.
I think military's approach is correct.

garg_bharat

Country flag
And not to forget Japanese put sanctions on India after 98 nuke tests on Daddy America orders..only French and Russian supported India at that time..that's all history now but Japanese were no saints in past but we shouldn't judge current Indo Japan partnership on past only cause we need them to invest in Indian market, infrastructure, overall growth
India should ally with USA and Japan. There is no need to go as far as British India.

etantra

Country flag
Why are you so scared of losses.
I think military's approach is correct.
Point.

Which balking at losses in ratio of 1:5 the fact is not doing anything also has losses. There is daily deaths of soldiers in Kashmir. We may as well fight and take the same deaths. Atleast will get a resolution there.

people balking at deaths in war have no problem with deaths via CFV's and terror attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles