India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Makes a lot sense.

one small correction, CCP is protecting itself from public anger and diverting public anger at us. even if this incident was between pla and vietnam, they would have done the same thing.

let's not forget this is the first time in many decades CCP and PLA has suffered military casualties in a military operation. UN operations don't count. PLA no longer are 10 foot soldiers in the eyes of their own people.

but i am pretty confident CCP will manage the situation, they will allow their people to grieve for a few days and then erase it from public memory, will be brought back into people's memory during next round of escalation.

mokoman

Country flag
Makes a lot sense.

Looking at some official weibo handles

Weird but they all referring to india as "other side" , "intruder" , "foreign military"

All the comments seem artificial , like they are written by some CCP drone.

And its all "love" for their martyrs , the PLA border guards , their sacrifice .

Really, really really vomit inducing .

No mention of india or hate for india at all.

Looks like they dont want the public to hate India , atleast for now.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am of the opinion that it’s not political or administrative establishment that is the driver for enhanced security establishment, but rather people themselves. Number of People asking for guarantee from state that their way of life and livelihood should not be disrupted at any cost, has not reached critical mass.

Take farmer’s protest(which has an element of economic terrorism) and their highway blocking for example, all through these two three months common people never articulated sufficiently that their way of life is getting disrupted not even in Supreme Court. in Supreme Court lawyers were from state and protesters, no one representing people of Delhi or country.

the concept that national security comprises not just military security and internal security, but also economic security, biological warfare security, energy security. This idea gained traction among common public only recently and many more are yet to realise this concept.

So my submission is that more people are yet to realise that national security has a direct correlation with their prosperity, and once it happens they would ideally demand their political parties and babus to make it a number one priority.

hence my time frame of 10 years, provided more ideologues create awareness among the masses on importance of national security

note: I do release that this is a bottom up approach and a tougher route to take, rather than top down approach. but I think this is a more sustainable way.

suggestion: dedicate a chapter on national security in 9th or 10th standard school syllabus , to make this process faster.
When you consider national security as a whole, I can see there are areas where a bottom up approach might be useful, particularly in terms of countering protests once people realise that these protests are designed primarily to slow down economic growth.

The drive for covert actions in enemy states, however; cannot come from the public at large. It has to be driven by startegic planners who understand the need to keep the enemy occupied.

War requires money

Right now People are complaining about
Oil prices

Secondly corona has hurt the economy badly

Our Fiscal deficit is more than 9.5 percent

If it goes up any further , it will lead to inflation
No one is talking of conventional war. We are talking about asymmetric war or covert ops.

Besides, what we call peace is much more costly, both in terms of finances as well as human life than any sub-nuclear war we have engaged in post independence.

maximus777

Country flag
The Chini are crap at physical war but they know how to use their wealth.

And here, we can't even get a grip on our own education..
The closest CCP will get to is battle of hair dos - Boris' mop v/s Xi's carpet scrubber

Country flag

Chinese–Russian ballistic missile cooperation signals deepening trust

EarthCitizen

Country flag
Myanmar Financials: 330 GB and hundreds of thousands of records relating to the corporate ownership and for companies in Myanmar leaked from the offices of myco.dica.gov.mm and bo.dica.gov.mm

Registry information (machine-readable).
incorporation documents and ID scans of officers for 120k companies.
Beneficial ownership disclosures for the gem and mining industry
3k+ public tenders.
Various assorted documents related to corporate law in Myanmar.
Identifying information for political candidates for cross-referencing with the financial and corporate documents

In News:: https://kr-asia.com/massive-data-trove-f...le-release

Download ::

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:0c5a72caa01d91f6e7ddc951881fded71b44841f&dn=Myanmar+Financials&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://9.rarbg.to:2920&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969&tr=udp://exodus.desync.com:6969

Rudra7678

Country flag
Can anyone please post the map of India-China 1959 border (claim) line? I see several versions of it on Google but do not know which one is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles