India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPresident

Country flag
saw a video they look like toys? Chinese used heat seeking drones against Indians at Galwan it did not save them Indians still slaughtered scores of Chinamen.
Valid argument, The video released by china of the swarm drone is in concept similar to the Israeli Swarm drones (@rajfortyseven on twitter) however for them out of 100s of those drones only few have to work. Even if 10 % of them work it will be a nightmare.

We would have to develop ways to jam the signal or fry the seeker circuits of these drones in a cheap way.

Found this piece by retired Major general.

johnq

Ya'll Nibbiars As per reports, PLA has proposed removal of Tanks & Artillery from standoff points first & then disengagement. This is in favour of PLA as they have good road network & can mobilise in less time again. Indian side has called for complete disengagement.

Frontal Assault.
Most likely PLA is lying, and the whole disengagement thing is deception. The air gets denser in the winter, allowing PLAAF bombers operating from higher altitude air fields to take off with heavier loads. Chinese are stalling until winter, because they think it gives them the greatest advantage. Chinese know they wouldn't last in a fair fight with better trained Indian soldiers, so they are trying to use the harsh winter weather to even the odds.

Country flag
Valid argument, The video released by china of the swarm drone is in concept similar to the Israeli Swarm drones (@rajfortyseven on twitter) however for them out of 100s of those drones only few have to work. Even if 10 % of them work it will be a nightmare.

We would have to develop ways to jam the signal or fry the seeker circuits of these drones in a cheap way.

DroneShield receives order from a Five Eyes

1602970891471.jpeg

Last edited:

etantra

Country flag

there was a link posted here some time back of ex-army discussing the ways to deal with it.

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
It will be a peak clownery if we admit to these. They know their type 15 are no match to T90 & T72. Better would be if we ask to remove their SAM & Rocket forces first.
Wonder why the Chinese cannot deploy their type 96 or 99 to Ladakh. Is this a logistics issue or because these wont work well in low oxygen regions ? We should tell them that Indian tanks will stay for a while till our infra in that region is complete. We must have spent a lot in getting our tanks there and have to do paisa vasooli in form of reduced threat till our infra is complete.

For disengagement, the distance should be calculated using potential speed of engagement. For example, if the Chinese can mobilize twice as fast, they should be asked to push twice as far behind to neutralize the mobility advantage.

Tridev123

Country flag

Iska make in India upay dhoondna hoga.
Do not trust the phoren supplier
It is ridiculous and shameful that both the public and private sector in India cannot develop and manufacture good quality winter clothing and accessories. It is not a high technology item.

It shows that our priorities are misplaced. The DRDO needs to develop the desirable quality clothing at the earliest. Before thinking of 6th generation jets, we need to ensure that our troops are provided with the basic requirements like winter clothing for snow bound regions, winter shoes etc.

Even reading reports about us desperately buying American and European winter clothing and accessories is demoralising. Is developing winter clothing 5th generation technology. Or is it because Imports lead to commissions and kickbacks. Why don't the Tatas, Birlas, Ambanis etc accept this challenge to make India self sufficient in winter clothing. There will be a steady demand for the same from the Army.

Reverse engineer the so called superior winter clothing developed by the West if we cannot develop on our own. Got to appreciate the Chinese(I hate them) for not facing this kind of problem.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It is ridiculous and shameful that both the public and private sector in India cannot develop and manufacture good quality winter clothing and accessories. It is not a high technology item.

It shows that our priorities are misplaced. The DRDO needs to develop the desirable quality clothing at the earliest. Before thinking of 6th generation jets, we need to ensure that our troops are provided with the basic requirements like winter clothing for snow bound regions, winter shoes etc.

Even reading reports about us desperately buying American and European winter clothing and accessories is demoralising. Is developing winter clothing 5th generation technology. Or is it because Imports lead to commissions and kickbacks. Why don't the Tatas, Birlas, Ambanis etc accept this challenge to make India self sufficient in winter clothing. There will be a steady demand for the same from the Army.

Reverse engineer the so called superior winter clothing developed by the West if we cannot develop on our own. Got to appreciate the Chinese(I hate them) for not facing this kind of problem.
And what if the imported winter clothings are cheaper than those produced in India they Have economy of scale they mass produce it and have the ability to produce it quickly do we have that kind of capability?

ataru09

Country flag

Absolute shame. No way in hell can I believe that there is not a single Indian company that can make cold weather clothing. Where were we getting out cold weather gear for siachen and other places before? This is completely on the procurement agencies if they are still importing equipment that we have always been in need of (and probably in exchange of some kickback).

Fuck I have a sewing machine and I can very well reverse engineer a fucking polar jacket in a few weeks. And I barely know how to sew.

ataru09

Country flag
And what if the imported winter clothings are cheaper than those produced in India they Have economy of scale they mass produce it and have the ability to produce it quickly do we have that kind of capability?
With that attitude we will never make anything at home. It will ALWAYS be cheaper for established players.

DownWithCCP

Country flag

Knowitall

The context is different now.He means vigilance during talks and no compromise from our side.
Yea I got that when I read the article but my point was on the actions before had we remained on alert back then we wouldn't be in this situation at all.

shade

Country flag
FOUND THE BABU!

Absolute shame. No way in hell can I believe that there is not a single Indian company that can make cold weather clothing. Where were we getting out cold weather gear for siachen and other places before? This is completely on the procurement agencies if they are still importing equipment that we have always been in need of (and probably in exchange of some kickback).

Fuck I have a sewing machine and I can very well reverse engineer a fucking polar jacket in a few weeks. And I barely know how to sew.
Private sector companies cannot be expected since this is a very niche item, it will be cheaper and higher quality to import.
Also it will give more kickbacks ;)
Tata Birla Ambani Adani want ez profit, this is peanuts for them.

DODOs do over 9000 things, like i heard they even make water bottles for the forces and if you get them to make winter clothing now it will be ready in 2 years, and even then it will be said they have shoddy quality( whether in reality or just to get phoren maal who knows ).

The main reason is nobody in the halls of power of this country thinks as one unit for the strength of the country, everyone is working for their own interests, various kinds of babus, the politicians in MoD, the top brass that deals with such issues.
100% Nobody thought that it would come to the troops freezing their balls off in negative temperature winters, so these are all "emergency procurements", Indian response is never long term, and always reactive, we never ever prepare for the grimdark future.

The ching chongs are meanwhile paranoid commies, so they do.
Which is why for 40 years even by Ctrl C and Ctrl V they have managed to indigenize all their materiel requirements, and unlike the sasta chong widgets you find, these items are probably good enough quality since it's for their armed forces.

Knowitall

that would mean full deployment on LAC even before CCP sent their goons, is that practical?
No not full deployment rather india could deploy rapid airborne or other brigades in critical junctions by following real time intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles