India Auto Expo 2012

SpArK

SORCERER
Maruti unveils SUV XA Alpha

NEW DELHI: The 11th Auto Expo kicked off on Thursday with the country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki unveiling its compact SUV XA Alpha as the company aims to enter into newer segments.

"India is on course to become one of the top automobile economies of the world, powered by the middle class and continued government support. Customers will become more and more sophisticated.

"The choice of automobile will be dictated more and more by the way of life of customers. We will launch new products and create new categories to their choice," Maruti Suzuki Managing Director and CEO Shinzo Nakanishi said.

pmaitra

Nice design.

BMW X5, Chevrolet Camaro, Hummer, Kia Soul - all rolled into one!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Personally, I am disappointed with the looks. I was waiting for years for Maruti to come up with their SUV. I had made up my mind that I would buy the Maruti SUV whenever it came, since I have had very good experience with Maruti reliability and service network.

I wish they had created a more "SUV-looking" SUV. :sad:

KS

Bye bye DFI
lol...Hummer rip-off.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Not that impressive to look at.

However, who knows what it will be on the road and the pocket!

Blackwater

Seems like the Suzuki Swift got a bigger pairs of boots.
Personally, I am disappointed with the looks. I was waiting for years for Maruti to come up with their SUV. I had made up my mind that I would buy the Maruti SUV whenever it came, since I have had very good experience with Maruti reliability and service network.

I wish they had created a more "SUV-looking" SUV. :sad:
lol...Hummer rip-off.
Not that impressive to look at.

However, who knows what it will be on the road and the pocket!

looking at its size. It look nothing but modified Maruti gypsy..

Future is of compact SUV in India. 80% Indian are suffering from knee probelm getting in and out of car is difficult . so compact SUV is future

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh

Future is of compact SUV in India. 80% Indian are suffering from knee probelm getting in and out of car is difficult . so compact SUV is future
And we already have this in market...

:frusty:

bhramos

Country flag
[h=1]Auto Expo 2012: Maruti unveils compact SUV XA Alpha[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Good catch. Yes, looks like they used the basic Maruti Gypsy structure to make this one. The design is meaty and makes it look large, when actually it is not very large.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles