India at the Crossroads of Existence

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India is at the crossroad.

On the one hand, it has its core Civilisation and religion, that has survived since centuries through the ravages of history and invasion, colonialisation and partition, and on the other hand, of late its polity and secular fabric is under assault from religious extremism, sponsored by its neighbour, Pakistan, which has a common history, and financed by Islamic nations, primarily, Saudi Arabia. Initially, it was confined to Kashmir under the false impression that the common religion would attract separation from India, but now the cancer has been addressed to encompass the whole of India, in the form of terrorist attacks in succession. The reason trotted out is that Muslims in India are under attack, starting with the demolition of Babri Mazjid, a structure claimed to be constructed over the site of the birthplace of Lord Rama, after razing the temple there.

The demolition caused the expected political ripples, but apparently, there was also a groundswell amongst the Hindus, even though the manner in which the demolition was executed caused uneasiness since the Indian mind has been conditioned to a ‘secular’ mindset. The groundswell and the ‘silence’ of the vast majority was caused by the fact that Indians were jaded with the ‘appeasement’ over the years by the Govt of minorities, especially the Muslim minorities, who were getting vociferous and very demanding by the day over their being taken as a singular and distinct people (personal law being inexistence) with their own distinct way of life, as also by the slowly eroding of the Hindu single identity by politicians with a sharp eye on the vote bank, starting with VP Singh and continuing till as late as now, with Arjun Singh.

India’ secular and, till then, tolerant attitude erupted when Hindu pilgrim returning from Ayodhya were torched and incinerated at Godhra! The State of Gujarat erupted in flames. Riots followed and many died, Hindus and Muslims, though the number of the latter was more. Notwithstanding, politics took over as to who was to blame with the appeasement lobby blaming the Hinduvta Forces and the latter denying it totally as a spontaneous outburst. The cases on the issue continue. Two Commissions were also instituted and both had contrary view. The one that was hurried constituted and whose verdict was hurriedly given had the stigma of being a political vendetta at the behest of a certain Minister, who is known to be low in morality and high on ‘secularity’.

The fracture that Godhra instilled in the Indian polity has been deep and has also led to Hinduvta forces, who are aggressively pursuing their agenda in a till now unheard of intensity, to ‘cleanse’ India of the historical rot and of non Hindu cultural imbalances that have assailed India through the influence of the cultural signature of the erstwhile invaders and colonisers of India! Their ire has been further stoked by the new high in proselytising activities of Christian missionaries amongst the poor and tribal, which they claim is undertaken with allurement, magic and other unethical means.

The sub and substance, thus, is that peace, harmony and fellow feeling is slowly drying up in India and a great distrust, apprehension and uncertainty is setting in leading to a potential powder keg.

The issues that face India today, amongst the many, are:

1. Is there no middle path to religious harmony that was there before, if indeed it was there before, and if so, how can it be restored?
2. What is the manner the Indian population can make it clear to the political parties that it is time to look at India beyond the narrow divides of religion and communities that they have so successfully been able to establish to achieve through their narrow prism of Vote Bank politics?
3. How can, in practical terms, the onslaught of Islamic forces, both within and without, aiming to divide and destroy India, be halted?
4. What measures can be taken to ensure illegal and deceitful proselytising is halted?
5. What measure can be taken to ensure foreign money does not flow in, as is the case now, wherein anti Indian activities are funded.
6. What measures can the common man take to ensure that terrorists are foiled in their nefarious acts?
7. What measures can the common man take to ensure that Christian organisation and NGOs do not undertake proselytising in an underhand manner?
8. What measures should be taken to revamp Indian politics and its security?
9. And any other issues that are destroying India.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
What is the source, Yusuf?. I remember reading it somewhere.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I told in the shout box that its by Brig Ray

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This was what I had written in a forum where there was a discussion that there was only a Hindu civilisation and no other cultures affected the Indian civilisation or polity.

My contention was that while Hindu or Sindhu civilisation was the core civilisation, yet one could not deny that other cultures through invasion or colonisation did indeed impact on the Civilisation that we are today experiencing and it was not a Hindu civilisation but an Indian civilisation and we should celebrate that!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well the influence of Muslim and British culture is deeply entrenched in India.

Points 1-4 in the article can be taken care of if the people of India stop bothering more about their religion and take care of their daily needs and how to make their lives better and that of their families.

Remove religion as the core of your living and confine it to your homes where you pray and leave, that will be the day when politicians will not be able to play vote bank politics and stop playing divisive politics.
I would go and and say that in the current scenario religion is one of the reasons holding back the country's development. The nation is yet to come out of the Babri Masjid issue as till date politics is played over it. Consider the Ram Setu project, that is also stuck in political problems.

As far as foreign money entering the country is concerned, our laws have to be more stringent and crack down on hawala.

Citizens can take part in the anti terrorists by being more vigilant. Make sure you know your tenant and get a background verification from the police done. Take note of suspicious activities and report to the police. Also help the authorities do their jobs by not cribbing about being frisked and checked.

blueblood

^^^^^^^^

@Singh, @Yusuf

Umm guys, are we diversifying our topics of discussion. If yes then who am I to judge and if no, then please delete this post and the one above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rashna

Country flag
You need to check the thread, we have some objectionable content here.

This was what I had written in a forum where there was a discussion that there was only a Hindu civilisation and no other cultures affected the Indian civilisation or polity.

My contention was that while Hindu or Sindhu civilisation was the core civilisation, yet one could not deny that other cultures through invasion or colonisation did indeed impact on the Civilisation that we are today experiencing and it was not a Hindu civilisation but an Indian civilisation and we should celebrate that!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You need to check the thread, we have some objectionable content here.
Like?

As I see it, and hopefully I am not wrong, everyone has contributed to the India of today. Something positive and some negative.

Rashna

Country flag
Did you see this post on the thread?

I am deleting that part from my post too.

Like?

As I see it, and hopefully I am not wrong, everyone has contributed to the India of today. Something positive and some negative.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Note action taken.

Thanks for bringing it to notice.

PrashantAzazel

Well, an easy solution would be to educate people that religions are out dated control systems and create a lot of hate.
And the top three religions in this country are at fault here.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles