Incredible Indian Wild Life

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Hello
I have spent my entire life in jungles of Gujrat forest and hills surrounding the gir national park.
In the recent years i have come across many wild Ligers . This surprised me as previously this area was a stronghold of huge tigers some of which weighted 700 lbs. In the recent years those huge tigers were displaced by 450 lds lions who chose to mate with bengal tigress. Now a days you can see a lot of wild Ligers in neraby jungles of gir forest.
Please tell me more about this . I am from Gujarat but i do not know this. In fact, as much as I know, there is no tiger in Gujarat.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Hello
I have spent my entire life in jungles of Gujrat forest and hills surrounding the gir national park.
In the recent years i have come across many wild Ligers . This surprised me as previously this area was a stronghold of huge tigers some of which weighted 700 lbs. In the recent years those huge tigers were displaced by 450 lds lions who chose to mate with bengal tigress. Now a days you can see a lot of wild Ligers in neraby jungles of gir forest.
Bhai te Gir na Jungle ma Vaagh (Tiger) joya ? Ae toh chhod te tya Vaagh ane Sinh nu mishran = LIGER joya ?!

Aano kashok puraavo hoy toh ahiya post kar jra,photao ke videos,mara Pappa na Sagga Masa pan Gir maa Forester hta ane emne pan maatr tyaa Sinho j joya chhe aavi Liger vaali bakchodi toh me pehli vaar sambhli.

Hu Gir Somnath Jilla no j rehwaasi chhu ane me aaj sudhi aavu naa toh sambhalyu chhe ke naa joyu chhe !

Pehla toh ae keh ke tu Gujarati chho ?

south block

up your a**
Country flag
You have no idea about lions. They can wipe out the entire tiger population but they don't do that because our lions are kind and generous while tigers are coward and vicious.
There are lots of tigers in Gujarat but they can't be seen by anyone as they are always hidden in bushes.
Tigers are bigger than lion ---- not all Tigers though ---- Bengal Siberian & mix Bengal Siberian are the biggest --- lion from certain parts of Africa do reach or even surpass Bengal on average but if we want to pick & choose --- Tigers from northern India like chitwan, Corbett & monsters of kaziranga & NE & Central india are a case study ---- Siberian tiger are the biggest cause colder climate will produce bigger bodies to preserve heat --- basic science --- but most wild Siberian on average are smaller nowdays due to scarcity of food & big territory of Siberian compared to Bengal ---- just to give you an e.g --- avg male Bengal territory is 50 to 100 km2 in India while for Siberian it's more than 250 km2 even 500 km2 ---- in captivity Siberian is always bigger than Bengal --- but Bengals are generally bulky --- Bengal & Siberian mix are even bigger than liger if raised properly.

Indrajit

Country flag
Teaser of the critically acclaimed and commercially successful wildlife documentary “Wild Karnataka”

Vilander

Country flag
Just some facts. Tigers ( kaziranga and siberian) have 50 to 100 pounds of weight advantage on biggest possible Lions. Tigers have bigger paws, fore arms, teeth, bigger and stronger hind quarter muscles. Tigers stand of two legs and swipe with both paws, they jump higher and longer. Tigers also have higher bone and muscle density. They have much higher bite force. Lion reintroduction in MP considered being preyed upon by Tigers as a adverse outcome and moved sub prime adult Tigers out of the markar marked area as preparation. Tigers prey on largest bovine in the world Gaur or Indian Bison. And largest crocodile in the world Indian salt water crocodile. There is documentary evidence of Tigers killing the biggest Rhino species in the world Indian Rhino and Elephants. There is documentary evidence of a single female Tiger aiming and getting a hit on a mahoot seated on top of a full grown bull elephant in Kaziranga. They just look similar but are not the same inside.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Bhai te Gir na Jungle ma Vaagh (Tiger) joya ? Ae toh chhod te tya Vaagh ane Sinh nu mishran = LIGER joya ?!

Aano kashok puraavo hoy toh ahiya post kar jra,photao ke videos,mara Pappa na Sagga Masa pan Gir maa Forester hta ane emne pan maatr tyaa Sinho j joya chhe aavi Liger vaali bakchodi toh me pehli vaar sambhli.

Hu Gir Somnath Jilla no j rehwaasi chhu ane me aaj sudhi aavu naa toh sambhalyu chhe ke naa joyu chhe !

Pehla toh ae keh ke tu Gujarati chho ?
Are wah babaji. Tame pan Gujju chho em ne?

Jailor

Country flag
The gene pool of gir lions is too small, Their size might never increase to its fullest/historical potential,
same is the case with tigers, their habitat or national parks are just too small today and most big tigers were already hunted at the time of raj, so there gene pool is also from the leftovers and confined to small places and hunt smaller prey.

African lions have huge wild life sanctuaries compared to Indian tigers and comparatively pretty diverse gene pool,
so people comparing size today should take this factor in account,

For ex: Average Siberian tiger in wild as of today is smaller than wild bengal tiger, means the small population of Siberian tigers left is not reaching its full size for a variety of reasons, but saying that Siberian tigers are smaller than any other sub species of tigers will be wrong, but as of todays comparison that's the truth.(For wild ones)
Hence some african lions might be bigger than full grown tigers as of today but not historically because tigers are just longer and has more muscle mass naturally.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

indiatester

Country flag
True. Mostly thousands of years ago and mostly not due to human action. (Asiatic Cheetah had some human element in their extinction in India)
I only made that comment as to how we respect the nature.
A better way to measure coexistence could be extinct species to human population ratio.

indiatester

Country flag
"Rare visuals of Lion swimming disproving belief that Lions can not swim. Three lions seen swimming in Gir Forest, East Range in Shetrunji river near Rawal Dam, Junagadh. Former forest officer Anshuman Sharma shared it on social media. The video was shot by a forest beat guard. "

Global Defence

New threads

Articles