Incredible India: pictures and videos

alphacentury

Country flag
Giant Indian Squirrel . Adult head and body length varies around 14 inches (36 cm) and the tail length is approximately 2 ft (0.61 m).

Dhole ,The Indian wild dog ,also known as the whistling dog or red dog ,is an excellent jumper ,with a vertical jump of 7 feet.

alphacentury

Country flag
The Gaur or the Indian Bison, is the tallest and largest living wild cattle .It is one of the four heaviest land mammals (elephant, rhino and wild buffalo are the other three), weighing up to 940 kg (2,070 lbs) and standing between 1.6 and 1.9 m (5.2 to 6.2 ft) at the shoulder.

The Red Panda . A vulnerable species ,can possibly be found in Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and West Bengal .

Soul83

Patriotic Romany (Majka Indija means Mother India). I dont understand the rest because i dont speak Romany.

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
India Man Plants Forest Bigger Than Central Park to Save His Island
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=og42JC0zYMc
Since 1979, Jadav Payeng has been planting hundreds of trees on an Indian island threatened by erosion. In this film, photographer Jitu Kalita traverses Payeng's home—the largest river island in the world—and reveals the touching story of how this modern- day Johnny Appleseed turned an eroding desert into a wondrous oasis. Funded in part by Kickstarter, "Forest Man" was directed by William Douglas McMaster and won Best Documentary for the American Pavilion Emerging Filmmaker Showcase at the Cannes Film Festival in 2014.

jouni

These pictures are really great. I am glad that there is still untouched nature and beauty left in India.

Khagesh

Over south India (Said to be over Chennai, Hydrabad and Banglore but not sure).

Beeeeeg storm.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles