Incredible India: pictures and videos

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
Yes. Gone there many times. Its the biggest tourist attraction in the town. Quiet serene and pleasing experience.
Wow, Tawang seems to be a really ancient Buddhist monastery place. Are there lots of Tibetan people there? Why didn't the Dalai Lama move there after he fled to India?

MilkTeaAlliance32

Country flag
U can visit ladakh it's very peaceful and I haven't heard any terror attacks there and best for bike riding
U can search for videos U will find that ladakh is the best for bike riders and very very peaceful
I have another question, out of curiosity, do most Hindus find the Indus RIver sacred? I thought that was where Hinduism came from originally, but most Indians don't seem to mind that the Indus River was given to Pakistan?

In Chinese, the Indus River literally translates to "Yin Du He" (印度河, the Indian River, or the River of the Indians" -- Yin Du is the modern Chinese name for "India" (印度).

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
I have another question, out of curiosity, do most Hindus find the Indus RIver sacred? I thought that was where Hinduism came from originally, but most Indians don't seem to mind that the Indus River was given to Pakistan?

In Chinese, the Indus River literally translates to "Yin Du He" (印度河, the Indian River, or the River of the Indians" -- Yin Du is the modern Chinese name for "India" (印度).
Yes they did historically.Now its not so prominent but still technically it is.Sindhu-saraswati civilization (also harappan or indus valley civ) is indeed origin of indian civilization.

AUSTERLITZ

Country flag
Wow, Tawang seems to be a really ancient Buddhist monastery place. Are there lots of Tibetan people there? Why didn't the Dalai Lama move there after he fled to India?
Tawang is the 2nd biggest tibetan buddhist monastery after lhasa but its too close to china border i guess.Dharamshala was where the refugeees from tibet settled and as dalai lama was the leader he had a moral obligation i suppose to follow his people.Arunachal pradesh where tawang is located is very remote and was very difficult to access or make livelihood there until recent decade or two.

BlackViking

Country flag
Odisha, a coastal state in eastern India, has a rich Buddhist heritage. Udaygiri, Ratnagiri and Lalitgiri form the Diamond Triangle of ancient Buddhist stupas and viharas.

Udaygiri Buddhist Caves (Udaygiri-Khandagiri caves are a large complex of Jain-Buddhist-Hindu Heritage, at least 2000 years old)

Lalitgiri 3rd century BCE

Ruins of Monastery in Ratnagiri (5th century CE)

Then we have Dhauli and it's stupa. Dhauli is the place were the Kalinga War between Mauryan Empire and Kingdom of Kalinga took place (261 BCE), one of the bloodiest wars of ancient time (~250000 dead). It is said the Daya River turned red with the blood of the dead.
Dhauli

Dhauli Stupa with Daya River at the back.

Then we have Jirang, one of the places where Tibetans were settled.

Padmasambhava Mahavihara monastery, Jirang

There are many places with shared Hindu-Buddhist-Jain heritage in Odisha as this place has been a centre of multi-culturism (we are followers of Dharm, so yes). You can find Buddha being worshipped in many Hindu temples here (like many other places all over India).

Historical fact: Odisha has been historically known as Odra, Kalinga, Utkal, Tosali etc. at various points of time. Odisha has been a Naval power since ancient times, trading with the Chinese, Malays, etc.
Padmasambhava, one of the important Proliferators of Buddhism who proliferated Buddhism in Tibet and possibly China, came from Oddiyana.

The Supreme Lord of people of Odisha, Jagannath (lit. Lord of the Universe)

His siblings (L-R: Balbhadra, older brother; Subhadra, youngest sister; Jagannath)

His Abode

His Vehicle

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
It was through Tawang that Dalai Lama entered India while fleeing Tibet. Why he didn't settled in Tawang was because of purely administrative issue.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles