Incorrect Grammar in some posts and thread topic

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Hello,

I wanted to point that there have many post with incorrect grammar and even many threads have been started with their topics written incorrectly.This really spoils the look of the forum and gives the impression of untidiness and impatience in posting.Is there some way they can be edited perhaps by the mods ???

Regards

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
There is a clear insistence on maintaining proper language, grammar and punctuation and its there in the forum rules as well. The moderators try their best to maintain that, but the members are also requested to maintain good use of the English language as we have an international audience and trying to get many more of them.

Like in the thread 'Pakistan's identity crisis'
It's written pakistani's identity crises i wish someone would clean it up

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
All members are requested to follow proper language, grammar, punctuation. Make sure caps are used where required and make all posts look professional and readable. Please write your posts like you used to write your English Language essays in school. It makes for better readability and also appeal. Thanks

yang

I think that mainly directs towards me, I am the one whose has the poorest English in this forum...
but I will try to use proper phrases,and let my words more mellifluous.

Pintu

I think that mainly directs towards me, I am the one whose has the poorest English in this forum...
but I will try to use proper phrases,and let my words more mellifluous.
Dear Ms. Yang, please don't feel that the particular advice written by respected Moderator Yusuf is directed towards you or indicating towards you, I am very weak in English and have very limited Stock of Word ; here in this forum , I am learning how to write Correct and delicate English from the excellent posts written by many of the respected Senior Members. I think everybody may or should learn writing English while posting from other respected Member's post , irrespective of any nationality or gender. However, one advice may be given from my part , that choice of short sentence is best and use of simple English is the best option as not only they make the whole post understandable to every body but also the chances of making grammatical mistakes are very limited.

Regards

raghavi

yang more than you it refers to me . .... because i'm the one who hates typing perfect english , always shortcut ... i'll try my best to put words without shortforms...

I sincerely hope that no-one would take offense.:)
I just feel that maintaining proper language will enhance the appeal of the forum

raghavi

yeah you are correct .... and it meant no offense...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Also request you to not use those multiple dots between sentences. We have quite a few member who do that. It does not make for good reading. Also its against the rule.
Please read rule # 17.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
its okay . cool if you donno english speak in hindi no problems...:blum3:

cheers
Darn, its against the rules, the forum language is English. :D

And by the way, what is donno?

raghavi

Darn, its against the rules, the forum language is English. :D

And by the way, what is donno?
i suppose you have come from some some where else donno means dont know . and its a proper language only . its used commonly . [posh language to say frankly] :p

Does anyone else fell good inside when saying POSH.?

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Oh gosh!!!! My dad doesn't belong to military then why this pressure to write correct english grammar and etc....ufff

Global Defence

New threads

Articles