IN Scorpene Submarines - News & Discussions

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I believe we are not going for more because of the fact they cannot launch Brahmos? Is this correct?
I don't know.
I don't think Brahmos fit in a 533mm lauch tube. So you need or larger tubes (unusual russian 650mm ?) or VLS. And Scorpene is too small for VLS if I remember well.

But 533 mm can accomodate SCALP Naval, and probably Nirbay....

Bhurki

I don't know.
I don't think Brahmos fit in a 533mm lauch tube. So you need or larger tubes (unusual russian 650mm ?) or VLS. And Scorpene is too small for VLS if I remember well.

But 533 mm can accomodate SCALP Naval, and probably Nirbay....
Brahmos takes up 700mm, so even 650mm tubes of russian subs cant fit it.

On the other hand, the inclusion brahmos is to fulfill requirement for AShM not LACM, and therefore Exocet is much likely to be integrated than Scalp or nirbhay.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Brahmos takes up 700mm, so even 650mm tubes of russian subs cant fit it.

On the other hand, the inclusion brahmos is to fulfill requirement for AShM not LACM, and therefore Exocet is much likely to be integrated than Scalp or nirbhay.
sub lauched Exocet is fitted and already in your arsenal (but what about heavy torpedoes ?)

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Indian Navy issued a RFI for the Installation of the Lithium Ion Batteries on the Kaveri Clas Submarine. This eliminates the use of the AIP. The RFI is for 5 MW. And only Oryu and Toryu Class submarine uses this technology.
Interesting.
Another "ideal" solution may be AIP and Li ion battery, no?

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Today the fifth submarine of Scorpene class was launched today at Mazgaon Dock. Named Vagir, she will now undergo harbour trials followed by sea trials under the supervision of Naval personnel before being commisioned next year.

Amid all the excitement , people seem to have overlooked this important event .

Emm8qAoXYAIpwKJ.jpeg

EmmsCgWXYAE2El_.jpeg

Emm0na4XEAInJr2.jpeg

captscooby81

Country flag
Sad state now the entire knowledge gained in last 10 years will site idle and then go waste sooner . One more sub to be completed if follow on order was given year ago metal cutting would have happened by next year at least . Now looks like entire submarine line of MDL will be idle for years to come

Bhurki

India should have just gone in and made 12 of these without break.
Its much better than the imaginary P75-I, cheaper($600M) and the Indian navy definitely needs more.
I just dont understand what stops India from committing to a single design after it has passed the technical requirements.

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
India should have just gone in and made 12 of these without break.
Its much better than the imaginary P75-I, cheaper($600M) and the Indian navy definitely needs more.
I just dont understand what stops India from committing to a single design after it has passed the technical requirements.
VLS

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Defence Updates : 83 Tejas-MK1A Deal Stalled,3 More Scorpene Order,Army 12 New Advanced Boats

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles