IN Scorpene Submarines - News & Discussions

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Just one more and..... a black hole.
So sad. So many skills to be lost. :confused1:
Monsieur if you only knew how bad the situation really is.
Lets say, you sell me a baguette, I say it shouod be of particular length , you bake it.
I say no , I will go around the market place and give a general request to all bakers to bake me a baguette of size lesser than what I said to you.
Will you not be angry ?

Fatalis

Country flag
I believe that we should order 3 more till new tender is finalized.
Now, I feel like some talk is going on regarding 3 additional Kalvari class.

IN wants 18 SSKs by 2035: 06 P-75, 6 P-75I and 6 indigenous SSK class. But looks like it will be a very difficult feat to achieve. So, why not tweak the number distribution to: 9 P-75 and 9 P-75I.

If no additional unit of Kalvari is ordered then I see the following numbers by 2035: 2 Shishumar class, 4 Sindhughosh class, 6 Kalvari class and 6 P-75I class.

johnj

Now, I feel like some talk is going on regarding 3 additional Kalvari class.
3 additional Kalvari class - may be with french torpedo & with out AIP.
After additional 3 sub, IN can add DRDO aip to all 9 subs, once DRDO successfully complete integration & testing odfaip in kilo class.

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Should have gone with what Naval group of French had proposed extended version of scorpene with AIP SMX 3.0 for 9 subs and then concentrate on building indigenous subs in P75I. We would have got potent sub platform in satisfactory numbers.

Super falcon

Country flag
Do Indian navy showing interest in German U 214 as India has used older German U 209

rao.abhirav

Country flag
Chinese expansion in the Indian Ocean is worrisome especially the string of pearls series of facilities and ports which are always prone to dual use by PLA Navy, to counter this we need an effective submarine force no longer shall we suffice with old rusting diesel electric submarines but shall move forward with nuclear attack submarines or at least good Air independent propulsion system subs. Once we have these sharks in water those PLA cowards will get a shock a rude shock in fact

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag

johnj

Indian Navy is all set to bury fresh acquisition under Project 75 I and may go for repeat Project 75 order to MDL with DRDO proven and tested air independent propulsion system fitted into the new submarines under “Aatmanirbhar Bharat.”
Is there is any official statement about cancellation of Project 75I.
Rest were Shishir Gupta's imagination.
Last time I read, IN wanded drdo to test & prove its aip s/m in a submarine.

AK047

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles