IN Scorpene Submarines - News & Discussions

smartindian

Country flag
Question is that are those subs really quite to avoid our anti submarine systems and comparable to scorpnes?
yes , song class subs are fitted with AIP . so it is quite, in one incident a song class sub surfaced with in striking range (8km) from carrier battle group of america , so it has some capability which we cannot ignore as a junk

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
With Pakistan buying 6 subs from Chinese we are in shit load of troubles.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Indian Scorpene comes with latest Thales sonar, F21 Black Shark torpedoes, and Exocet missiles. Scorpene can detect, track and destroy Chinese subs before they can even get a shot off.

smartindian

Country flag
more than its capability , speed at with which chinese manufacture it , is concerning the navy a lot

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
more than its capability , speed at with which chinese manufacture it , is concerning the navy a lot
Since you put it that way, maybe you should be worried. GoI plays around too much to be lax with China's speed.

smartindian

Country flag
Since you put it that way, maybe you should be worried. GoI plays around too much to be lax with China's speed.
we can purchase lada class subs, which is quite a good sub, and it is a successor of our kilo class sub so infrastructure used for kilo class subs can be used

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

No idea maybe some Chinese member can help us. Even then its a major threat to our naval fleet.
yes , song class subs are fitted with AIP . so it is quite, in one incident a song class sub surfaced with in striking range (8km) from carrier battle group of america , so it has some capability which we cannot ignore as a junk
Manc, SI no one knows specifications of chinese machines or how capable they actually are. There are all over-hyped systems. Except one off incident of surfacing near USA battleships there is now much known about. I think they caught USA offguard.

When Indian subs have ability to ECM and ECCM and are effective against chinese SOnars I am sure Americans and French systems can screw their happiness any time.

SHASH2K2

Perhaps its time to put thinking caps on and add extra production line to hasten the production. we should make total number to 10 .

smartindian

Country flag
Manc, SI no one knows specifications of chinese machines or how capable they actually are. There are all over-hyped systems. Except one off incident of surfacing near USA battleships there is now much known about. I think they caught USA offguard.

When Indian subs have ability to ECM and ECCM and are effective against chinese SOnars I am sure Americans and French systems can screw their happiness any time.
shash it may be a junk, if we prepare for war considering it as a best ability , we can always deal with junks , but other way around is not possible , hope you are getting my point

SHASH2K2

shash it may be a junk, if we prepare for war considering it as a best ability , we can always deal with junks , but other way around is not possible , hope you are getting my point
Agree that they are not junk but not the best either . Remember we are very much familiar with their capabilities. But we should be prepared for worst and beef up our Anti submarine options for time being.

Indian sub stalked China warships?

JBH22

Russia won't even get its second boat until 2015, India would have to wait far longer.

http://arms-tass.su/?page=article&aid=76645&cid=25

Be quicker just to buy Scorpenes from French docks.
Given that France kick us in our balls for contracts clause on the Scorpene i don't see why we should go for them again.

Scorpene delayed further

PS:Indian production is shameful considering that USA was putting Los Angeles Subs at a rate of 1 after 9months.

Last edited by a moderator:

smartindian

Country flag
Perhaps its time to put thinking caps on and add extra production line to hasten the production. we should make total number to 10 .
we have to seriously change our policy . L&T proposed to build diesel subs but GOI ignored it , when a company can build Hull for nuclear subs it can definitely it can build diesel sub for sure

SHASH2K2

Given that France kick us in our balls for contracts clause on the Scorpene i don't see why we should go for them again.

Scorpene delayed further

PS:Indian production is shameful considering that USA was putting Los Angeles Subs at a rate of 1 after 9months.

for these delays we Indians are equally responsible. they delayed the transfer of technology and we delayed it even further by taking our own sweet time to absorb the technology.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

It isn't the fault of France that GoI was too stupid to not sign a fixed price contract for systems at the point of sale. Does stupidity deserve a discount? India's lack of ability to speedily absorb production technologies isn't any fault of France either. When you find a good reason to blame France, let me know. You should be blaming your own babus.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Scorpene Delivery to India Delayed 3 Years
You know, this Anthony guy is really beginning to irritate me.

Whenever I see his face, I feel like smashing it hard on a table.

If there are any more delays, I'm going to go on a hunger strike to the death until this Thayoli is removed.

plugwater

Navy to train for Scorpene Subs

NEW DELHI: Two Indian naval crews will be going to France to train for operating the Scorpene killer submarines , six of which are being built at Mazagon Docks (MDL) in Mumbai under the Rs 23,562 crore programme called Project-75 .

"The Indian crews will begin the training with the French navy after some months. We now hope to get the first Scorpene by August 2015. Each submarine will have just a 36-member crew since automation levels in them are very high," said an official. With India down to just 14 submarines now, the Navy is keen that the Scorpene project, which has been hit by a huge cost escalation and is running three years behind schedule, does not suffer any more slippages.

Both MDL as well as French collaborator DCNS, however, are confident that Project-75 is now fully on track. "The first Scorpene will be 'launched' into water in 2013, and will be ready for commissioning by August 2015 after extensive harbour and sea trials," said a top DCNS official.

"The target is to deliver the sixth submarine by 2018, one every nine months after the first one in 2015. The third and fourth submarines are already under construction at MDL," the official added.

Navy, on its part, is keeping its fingers crossed about the Scorpene project as well as its new programme called "Project-75 India'' . The government of course is yet to finalize P-75 I, under which six new stealth submarines equipped with both tubelaunched missiles for landattack capabilities as well as AIP (air-independent propulsion ) are to be built with foreign collaboration for over Rs 50,000 crore.

Projections show the force will have only five of its existing 10 Russian Kiloclass and four German HDW submarines by 2020. Consequently , even with the six Scorpenes, India will be far short of the at least 18 conventional submarines required to deter Pakistan and China, both of which are rapidly augmenting their underwater combat arms.

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

gogbot

Didn't we already know about the 3 year delay , for about a year now.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
The good point coming out of this news is:

Each submarine will have just a 36-member crew since automation levels in them are very high,
I think this is just half the number of personal needed in Kilo (correct me if i am wrong)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles