IN Scorpene Submarines - News & Discussions

Decklander

That is upto individuals...

~Come again sir!
AFAIK, Only orders have been placed and even the dry dock for assembling the sub has not been chosen till now. I AM VERY SURE OF IT. IF YOU HAVE INFO CONTRARY TO IT. PLS RECHECK YOUR SOURCES AND CHALLENGE ME.

sasi

AFAIK, Only orders have been placed and even the dry dock for assembling the sub has not been chosen till now. I AM VERY SURE OF IT. IF YOU HAVE INFO CONTRARY TO IT. PLS RECHECK YOUR SOURCES AND CHALLENGE ME.
AUG 2011
Fabrication of pressure hulls for the first submarine is ahead of schedule...its outfitting has also begun," says MDL chief Vice-Admiral (retd) H S Malhi.
"In fact, construction of all the six Scorpenes is underway at different stages.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-23/india/29918481_1_p-75-russian-akula-ii-nuclear-submarine&sa=U&ei=vfMUUtSeB4borQe724DoBw&ved=0CBoQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNE-iwIYnCEOeiE9CK4uKkU7qAlvSQ
APRIL 2013Hulls for all six submarines, made of steel supplied by French division of ArcelorMittal, are ready in Mumbai, and the outfitting of equipment and systems is underway. With the Spanish consultants quitting, work onthe part of the hull that they were responsible for could be delayed.
According to the new estimates, the first submarine will be ready for commissioning by end of 2016. And then, a new submarine could be ready for induction every 9-12 months.
According to the present projections, the last two submarines would have air independent propulsion systems (AIP) that would helpthe submarine stay underway water for one to three extra weeks. Without AIP, a Scorpene submarine can stay underwater continuously for five to six days. DRDO is presently developing an indigenous AIP, with assistance from DCNS. Initial assessments about the indigenous AIP system is said to be very good though with only about two weeks of endurance.
MDL WILL ASSEMBLE IT.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Scorpene-submarine-project-to-miss-target-again-as-Spanish-consultants-quit/articleshow/19551830.cms
/

Decklander

@sasi, you need to clarify as to what is correct. The pix posted by @sayareakd do not support your posts from newspapers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Decklander

Re: edit

This same pix was recently used for construction of Arihant class follow ons also. In any case I am rechecking the stage at which the construction of the subs is and will post the latest status soon after checking from my sources.

sasi

edit

@sasi, you need to clarify as to what is correct. The pix posted by @sayareakd do not support your posts from newspapers.
sorry i don't understand what i have to clarify?
Regarding blog pic, only a round like hull section is displayed from L&T. That pic is different from this.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

This same pix was recently used for construction of Arihant class follow ons also. In any case I am rechecking the stage at which the construction of the subs is and will post the latest status soon after checking from my sources.
If you click pic link it says 2007. I already said this was posted as pic in 2008 Defexpo i took that pic. That is why i remember it.

Decklander

found this by Shiv aroor.

http://www.livefistdefence.com/2010/05/snapshots-from-scorpene-production-line.html

Snapshots From The Scorpene Production Line At Mazagon

Looks like all images are dated 30/04/2010.
If you look at the pix above, it is very clear that the sub is nearly ready as even the main sail is in place and this pix is dated Apr 2010. Don't you think this sub shud have entered sea trials by now? what is forcing MDL to keep it inside its facility? Scorpene is a proven operational sub with French. So its induction shud not take long time like that of Arihant.

sasi

If you look at the pix above, it is very clear that the sub is nearly ready as even the main sail is in place and this pix is dated Apr 2010. Don't you think this sub shud have entered sea trials by now? what is forcing MDL to keep it inside its facility? Scorpene is a proven operational sub with French. So its induction shud not take long time like that of Arihant.
You are correct sir,it should be nearly readyby now. But quality of some major components sourced from desi cos are not upto mark. Hence mdl had to source it from france. It takes nearly 2 and half yrs(to place order and get it). No major works from later 2011 to 2012. There are delays in awarding initial constructs to sub vendors in India(tot). Also instead of fixed price,we allowed orbitory price. Hence more delay=more money in the name of inflation.
If u want reasons ,list will go on.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

This picture has been around for 5+ years and is for Scorpene. Arihant pictures are all fake as it is under secrecy.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
An article i read few day ago related to Sindhurakshak accident had two lines quoted by a Naval officer that Scorpion sub will be launched in few months.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Navy for 2 simulators for Scorpene personnel | idrw.org

The Indian Navy has put out a requirement for two combat systems simulators for crew who will operate the Project 75 Scorpene attack submarines once deliveries begin in 2016. According to the Navy, "The envisaged combat system is intended to be a platform for training Scorpene submarine personnel on the exploitation of onboard submarine tactical integrated combat system (SUBTICS).

It should be capable of simulating characteristics of all SUBTICS components/elements. One military/commercial off the shelf (MIL-COTS) simulator with fascia similar in feel and look-alike to onboard equipment to be procured for installation at designated location in India."

The Navy has advised interested vendors to liaise with France's DCNS and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to procure design/equipment specific data, algorithms, display characteristics, speed of operations, to ensure the simulator is identical to actual operations.

rugved

A good comment from the comment section for the article:

So it is confirmed that first three scorpene submarines won't be having
Air Independent propulsion technology. Should these three submarines be
used for training purposes or for combat? Top Indian Navy officials are
saying they will be obsolete when commissioned.

Do Indian submarines without AIP technology have a disadvantage against
enemy submarines with AIP?

greek guy

Why dont you Indians turn all Scorpene subs into nuclear submarines like Brazil did?? You dont need AIP.. I mean you have the technology to construct small nuclear reactors and install them into the subs..

By the way you should get production license for the heavy torpedo "Black Shark" because is very good..

drkrn

Why dont you Indians turn all Scorpene subs into nuclear submarines like Brazil did?? You dont need AIP.. I mean you have the technology to construct small nuclear reactors and install them into the subs..

By the way you should get production license for the heavy torpedo "Black Shark" because is very good..
may be because the miniatured reactor is not good enough to deliver enough power.as time progresses with maturing tech surel IN will look into this option.

india is trying to develop indigenous torpedoes like varunastra,thakshak

acquisition of black shark was held..
Navy's ongoing hunt for heavy torpedoes leads to delay in modernisation process : North, News - India Today

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Atlas Elektronik, a German-based company with its subsidiary in India is offering advanced SeaHake mod4 ER torpedo to the Indian Navy.

LINK:
Navy to upgrade torpedoes, sonars of warships soon
newindianexpress.com/nation/Navy-to-upgrade-torpedoes-sonars-of-warships-soon/2013/11/06/article1874648.ece

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DM2A4

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles