In Cold War rerun, Obama plans to isolate Russia

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Living on remittance money isnt exactly a good plan for most part, you'd rather have opportunities created here, than go out.
But you will admit that money injected into India from relatives abroad is helping the economy on a macro-level. This kind of economic infusion is generally stable and immune from economic mood swings.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Can you quote anyone who said it does not benefit those who go to work in the US?
By Free Karma-"The U.S does all this because it benefits them."
Well my poor sense of English language made me think that those who go to work in the US do not benefit anything. It only benefits the US.
(Btw Free karma has himself admitted that it does benefit people who go to US)

pmaitra

It really amazes me how you in the US could still be more supportive and more positive towards Russia than the US? :shocked:(No intention to offend you personally, my statement is more of general reference to a lot of Indian nationalists.)
Yes, I live in the US.

I will continue to criticize those who support the Ukro-Nazis. I am proud of that.

Moreover, regardless of where I live, my citizenship determines my allegiance. It should be the sacred duty of all. It has nothing to do with where I live. Whatever I am, I am by virtue of my own toil.

pmaitra

By Free Karma-"The U.S does all this because it benefits them."
Well my poor sense of English language made me think that those who go to work in the US do not benefit anything. It only benefits the US.
(Btw Free karma has himself admitted that it does benefit people who go to US)
Ok, so that is settled then. Your question, and your entire post was mainly rhetoric. I do it often.

BTW, I wrote this:
It helps the US as much as it helps India.
Immediately after that you wrote your comment. So, your claim was already nullified, but you probably missed it.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Yes, I live in the US.

I will continue to criticize those who support the Ukro-Nazis. I am proud of that.

Moreover, regardless of where I live, my citizenship determines my allegiance. It should be the sacred duty of all. It has nothing to do with where I live. Whatever I am, I am by virtue of my own toil.
Sir,forgive me if the question gets personal but are you an Indian citizen?. If so then I really salute you and I mean no sarcasm. Well the sad fact is that people of India go to US and forget all about their motherland. Very few people return back from US. Well if you still plan to return to India and are an Indian citizen then you are really a role model for me.:salute:

laughingbuddha

Country flag
@Free Karma @pmaitra
Oh so it does not benefit the people who go to work in US.They are treated as slaves.Yup this can be true.Maybe Satya Nadella,CEO of Microsoft is being treated as a slave in US.After all getting a salary of Rs 112 cr pa is surely problematic.He has to think every now and then where he will keep that money.

Also my friends and seniors who have gone to the US for higher studies are going for the benefit of US and not for their own benefits. I am sure they have to attend all those difficult classes in those US universities while we at JU hardly have teachers in classes. This is really for the benefit of US. Yup all of this makes sense to me now.

Only one thing that I cannot understand yet is why those who go the US do not return back to India.I mean they are being treated as slaves by the evil capitalist US. They are being inhumanely exploited by the US. Yet the students of IIT and JU who go to US take an one way ticket to US and Canada. They should return back to India for their own benefits. This is really confusing my small stupid brain.Maybe you can answer me the question.:sad:
Looks like you're also one of those looking for an opportunity to go the the states and become a US citizen. Benefits you and the US, not India.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Sir,forgive me if the question gets personal but are you an Indian citizen?. If so then I really salute you and I mean no sarcasm. Well the sad fact is that people of India go to US and forget all about their motherland. Very few people return back from US. Well if you still plan to return to India and are an Indian citizen then you are really a role model for me.:salute:
Why do you think I fly the Indian flag next to my avatar?

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Looks like you're also one of those looking for an opportunity to go the the states and become a US citizen. Benefits you and the US, not India.
Looks like you do not read all posts in the thread.Buddha,sir your great holiness, kindly read the reply I gave to asianobserve where I mentioned something about my parents and sarkari naukri.It will really help you a lot.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Why do you think I fly the Indian flag next to my avatar?
Well some Indian American citizen might fly it at their side of the avatar.However it is very heart warming to know that you are still an Indian citizen sir.Sorry if I have been rude to you.
:salute:

pmaitra

Anyway, let us get back to topic.

Can anyone please explain why India should support the US in isolating Russia?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Would India join a US effort to isolate Russia?

Should it?
@Ray @p2prada @Razor @desicanuk @pmaitra @Kunal Biswas @Yusuf @Singh
It is difficult to state with authority since the Govt may change and one does not know how the new Govt, if it were the BJP led, will view the US.

Modi would not forget the treatment given by the US to him, but then there is a huge Gujarati diaspora out there in the US.

Modi would not be the one to take dictates from any country.

I think he thinks he is India's Bismark.

A fair guess would be India will leave it open ended and decide each issue on merits but I wonder if India will want to isolate Russia since India is not hostile to Russia nor is Russia hostile to India.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

If previous Indian actions are to be the basis of how India will act on US attempts to isolate Russia (I don't think the Russia has such policy right now) then I'm sure that India will refrain from joining it, whatever government is in power in India.

pmaitra

If previous Indian actions are to be the basis of how India will act on US attempts to isolate Russia (I don't think the Russia has such policy right now) then I'm sure that India will refrain from joining it, whatever government is in power in India.
India's position since 1991 has been that it wants to have good relations with everyone.

India made it clear that it will have good relations with Saudi Arabia as well as Iran. Similarly, with US and Russia.

India has a lot of defense deals with Russia. Russian deals that involve a lot of India based manufacturing, save a lot of foreign currency, which would be impossible with US defense products.

On the other hand, trade with US also benefits India.

As I had said earlier, India will be a fence sitter, and I think that is India's best bet.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

The answer is quite simple IMO. It is money. However I would like to explain in detail.
India needs financial aid more than anything else.It needs hospitals,roads,schools not guns or tanks.Well Sir,I think you have been away for a few years and you do not know what has changed here.Really sir, very few things have changed here in India.Even now if one walks past the Tollygonj Metro stations one can see old women begging and dying on the streets. Instead of going to school small children of poor families work in dhabas and canteens of colleges. No one looks at them. I initially thought India could itself pull itself out of poverty.It can stand on its own but sadly nothing can be more wrong than that. Our politicians are only giving false promises to us and doing little. They do not improve hospitals,roads,colleges etc. Many poor people here still die of diseases like tuberculosis here.

As for the state of our educational institutes the less I say about them the better. The census report about Indians having 70% or so literacy rate is nothing but a farce. Teaching only alphabets to students does not make them educated.Huh most village school teachers till their fields or look after their agricultural land instead of teaching students. This is not a joke but if you visit Nadia(my ancestral place) you would see such practice.I can even give a real life example of teachers like them. If the teachers were better paid then such dishonesty would not have been there.

What can or what has Russia done for India in these sectors for the past 40 years? Russia could not feed its own citizens previously and you expect it to help India. On the other had at least the US has provided jobs to Indians. The US companies have established offices here in India which employs a lot of people.

I have already mentioned the scholarships. This helps in our education if not the education of poor rural children. Even if one person is employed by the US it helps Indians a lot. Another Indian can get a job here then. Well India has the potential to become truly self sufficient(not what our politicians call it). Also American technology in our hospitals would be much more helpful to us. A cooperation with the US which has a robust economy would be better for us in the long run. Even if the US is so called selfish it would help us. Otherwise even after another 60 years we will remain a third world country.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The answer is quite simple IMO. It is money. However I would like to explain in detail.
India needs financial aid more than anything else.It needs hospitals,roads,schools not guns or tanks.Well Sir,I think you have been away for a few years and you do not know what has changed here.Really sir, very few things have changed here in India.Even now if one walks past the Tollygonj Metro stations one can see old women begging and dying on the streets. Instead of going to school small children of poor families work in dhabas and canteens of colleges. No one looks at them. I initially thought India could itself pull itself out of poverty by itself but sadly nothing can be more wrong than that. Our politicians are only giving false promises to us and doing little. They do not improve hospitals,roads,colleges etc. Many poor people here still die of diseases like tuberculosis here. As for the state of our educational institutes the less I say about them the better. .

What can or what has Russia done for India in these sectors for the past 40 years? Russia could not feed its own citizens previously and you expect it to help India. On the other had at least the US has provided jobs to Indians. The US companies have established offices here in India which employs a lot of people.
I have already mentioned the scholarships. Even if one person is employed by the US it helps Indians a lot. Another Indian can get a job here then. Well India has the potential to become truly self sufficient(not what our politicians call it). Also American technology in our hospitals would be much more helpful to us. A cooperation with the US which has a robust economy would be better for us in the long run. Even if the US is so called selfish it would help us. Otherwise even after another 60 years we will remain a third world country.

India no doubt can benefit more from having much closer and stable relations with the US then what it now have. But it must know how to profit from it (I have seen a lot of countries with close relations to major economic powers but cannot seem to take advantage of their closer relations for various reasons chief among them is corruption and lack of strategic planning on the part of the government officials in their country) and it should not let trivial issues get in the way of strategic considerations. But India should not focus itself economically with the US. It can also benefit from its relations Russia and certainly with China, EU, Middle East, Africa and SEA.

Politically, it almost always pay to align with the most powerful power/bloc.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

jalsa

India needs financial aid more than anything else.It needs hospitals,roads,schools not guns or tanks.Well Sir,I think you have been away for a few years and you do not know what has changed here.Really sir, very few things have changed here in India.Even now if one walks past the Tollygonj Metro stations one can see old women begging and dying on the streets. Instead of going to school small children of poor families work in dhabas and canteens of colleges. No one looks at them. I initially thought India could itself pull itself out of poverty.It can stand on its own but sadly nothing can be more wrong than that. Our politicians are only giving false promises to us and doing little. They do not improve hospitals,roads,colleges etc. Many poor people here still die of diseases like tuberculosis here.

As for the state of our educational institutes the less I say about them the better. The census report about Indians having 70% or so literacy rate is nothing but a farce. Teaching only alphabets to students does not make them educated.Huh most village school teachers till their fields or look after their agricultural land instead of teaching students. This is not a joke but if you visit Nadia(my ancestral place) you would see such practice.I can even give a real life example of teachers like them. If the teachers were better paid then such dishonesty would not have been there.

I have already mentioned the scholarships. This helps in our education if not the education of poor rural children. Even if one person is employed by the US it helps Indians a lot. Another Indian can get a job here then. Well India has the potential to become truly self sufficient(not what our politicians call it). Also American technology in our hospitals would be much more helpful to us. A cooperation with the US which has a robust economy would be better for us in the long run. Even if the US is so called selfish it would help us. Otherwise even after another 60 years we will remain a third world country.
Actually India will benefit more by having close relationship with China, you can recall the Chinese have pleaded to invest 300 Billion Dollars in Indian economy. That is a huge amount, US won't even like to invest 10% of that, and USA is very unpredictable when it comes to foreign relations.

aerokan

Country flag

You got an 'F' grade... Try rethinking it and post again with better logic.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
You got an 'F' grade... Try rethinking it and post again with better logic.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
Thank you sir for giving me such nice grades.I never got F grade in my school, so it is nice to get this new grade.I highly appreciate it.Sadly I was speaking the truth and cannot post anything with better logic.Btw can you post your own logic.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles