Important Announcements - Must Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Well done folks!!!. Congrats Soham!!!!. You are now on the way to being a man.

Pintu

Congratulation Soham , and great job Tarun choosing the topic, wishing the Best of Luck.

Regards

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Thank you. :) With a yellow and red card, I didn't quite expect this.
The topic for the second debate is just too fantastic. I can see the heat forming up in the future. I'm in again.

P.S. 7 more months and people will stop calling me bachha. :(
I dun like it ! As it is, it is pain knowing that I'm the lil' one of the forum. All you jealous married people not being able to make a line for girls. :D

notinlove

congrats bro :) .......... hope you do well in the second one also .

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Oh..not to forget :

Special thanks to NotinLove for helping me out with re-orienting the approach towards the topic, alongwith providing some statistics to help my case.
Thanks man.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Made the topic a little more interesting military-specific . ;)

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Congrats Soham. You're a fine example of how some people are much more mature than their age reflects. ;)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Apna baccha jitna bhi bada ho jaye, baccha hi rahega.
Soham, yeah the next topic is deliciious. I think a lot of people in the opposition will carry the ususal arrogant mentality from the 62 war, but i think we will make them smell some good coffee. also the background of our other forums experience will surely help. I wish the Major takes part.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Apna baccha jitna bhi bada ho jaye, baccha hi rahega.
*groan*

also the background of our other forums experience will surely help. I wish the Major takes part.
The background was not too pleasant. I too hope the Major comes in. The sky will be filled with burning behinds. :D

A.V.

DFI Social community Updates

i am creating this thread in the links section to inform members about whats happening in the dfi social community zone you can join dfis social networking on facebook, twitter and youtube and follow us there whenever a new video is uploaded or something interesting takes place will post it here for members to have a look

you can also add stuff here from whats happening in the dfi community outside the forum
:)

A.V.

new youtube videos added ...aero india 2009 vids

amazing carrier landing

aero india russian acrobatic team

aero india 2009 ijts in action and many more on the channel ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Important Announcements

Over the last few weeks the staff has seen an increasing rise in members being intolerant towards fellow members and also DFI Staff. The Staff especially has seen a lot of bad mouthing bordering on abuse which is totally uncalled for. So far we have been very patient and letting go of it, but that has been taken for granted. From now on, no such abuse of Staff will be tolerated. An infraction or worse a ban may follow.

We have seen increasing use of foul language including Fs and Bs in posts. DFI Staff expects members to refrain from using such words in whatever context it means. The message can be conveyed in better ways.

We have also noticed that members have been questioning certain mod decision especially with regards to bans. DFI Staff resorts to a ban only in the extreme case. We are not here to ban away members. We need more members and from all nationalities so that we can have a balanced discussion here. So if a person has been banned then there will be a reason for it which the staff member is not obliged to divulge in public. But we have seen that staff has been barraged for reason and also held to ransom by certain members who may have been assigned certain forum matters. This is totally uncalled for and will not be tolerated.

DFI Staff has always tried to be liberal in its approach and also tolerant. It is our endeavor to see that any Staff member engaging in any debate in any thread does not use his mod powers and debates as any other member on this forum, off course with the respect he deserves as a member and a mod. If any member has any issue with regards to any post that he feels is not right even if it is by a mod, please use the report post button even if it is by a mod and do not get into an ugly exchange in the thread. DFI believes in being neutral and unbiased. Any such matter will be resolved amicably by other staff members so that no one is aggrieved.

We highly value our members from other nationalities even if we dont have good relations with those countries. A certain amount of respect for them is required. Also armed forces of all countries are doing their job for their respective countries. So we expect members not to belittle the effort of those soldiers who lay down their lives for their country. I am sure everyone is aware of Indian Army tradition of treating captured or killed soldiers with respect. If they as the men fighting those very enemies can do it, we forumers can do the same.

DFI as usual highly appreciates feedback from its members, please use http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/showthread.php?5339-Suggestions-and-Feedback for your valuable suggestions and feedback.

This thread remains open for the time being for any suggestion or feedback on the above. Staff expects constructive feedback/criticism so that it can be taken up to make this forum an even better experience.

Regards,
DFI Staff

Oracle

I have been a member of many a forums of many Countries(South Asia). While most of them claim to be secular and free, the level of tolerance is limited towards other nationalities. Even Mods troll and people with BS posts gets to be elite members.

This is by far the best forum I have come across. And this is not because I am an Indian, but because I feel at home here. If I someday feel, I am more comfortable with a Pakistani/Bangladeshi etc forum I will spend most of my time there. Mods in here are neutral and very capable.

So, if a topic is about X, do not troll and talk about Y, and please leave Mods decisions to them as they have earned it. Not every Tom, **** and Harry gets to be a Mod right?

A.V.

New Changes In DFI

Dear members as you may have noticed we have finally upgraded the software to a stable version today with vbulletin4.03 in this version we have fixed 350 bugs and glitches. Many members who were having trouble logging into dfi or getting script error while using IE or mozilla will no longer have the same...
many members were irregular due to this problem now i hope all will have unlimited access and better experience in this regard we appreciate any feedbacks that you send us to improve this place some of the major changes we are taking is to make DFI a better quality discussion place will less jumping around like many other similar forums in this regard we will take a step in every direction in this regard we are making the forum more open with major international appeal yet retaining all the good point that have made dfi such a big success some of the major changes coming us soon to improve this place are in the following points....

1. The DFI Defence Gallery with all the old database and huge collection of photos will be back soon for members to upload and enjoy the pictures.

2. Our old VB3.8 shoutbox with smileys and full text in color yet moderated will be back in action soon.

3. we have done away with the member usergroups and have placed a ranking system based only on post count where members are awarded titles and additional features.

4. Our BIG Catch and new development of A MILITARY RESEARCH SECTION publishing research works and analysis by experts on various websites/forums and blogs a wiki database full of research and analysis to refer and understand we welcome all members who would like to contribute to the WIKI this will be an international section and publishing area with due copyright .

5. VBseo features has been enabled for vb4 version and lots of new small additions and modifications will be updated for better member interface and usage one of this includes a lighter version of the skin for members on mobile and light usage

6. We have added FCONNECT feature now members can log into DFI with their facebook accounts and vice-versa cross publish contents to facebook wall and share and invite your friends directly via the fconnect

7. a very useful modification is added which sends a PM every time a thread is opened ,closed, edited , moved ,deleted by a moderator the exact reason for the action will also be mentioned this is only a notification PM so only reply back if you are strongly in disagreement with the reason of action.every member must know what mods are doing behind thats the aim of this exercise

8.the member activity bar and medals will be back soon too

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
There has been a number of sticky threads in several sub-forums cluttering the space when displaying the forums. As a recent policy, DFI staff has decided that only few very important threads will be sticky and as a result many earlier sticky threads have been unstuck and such threads will now exist as normal threads from here on.

We have recently observed that many new and old members have been on a thread opening spree even for irrelevant and negligible issues which is taking the focus out of the discussion and debate on DFI. Due to presence of innumerable new threads, it has been increasingly becoming difficult for the members and staff alike to go through all the threads.

Taking this situation into account, DFI staff is now going to enforce thread discipline where redundant, unimportant and irrelevant threads opened by the members will either be deleted or merged with the existing threads. We also request members to open new threads judiciously and use existing threads as much as possible to post any relevant reports pertaining to the topic. As a pointer, we suggest members to open new threads only if it is a breaking news or if a certain topic is not discussed/reported in the earlier threads. If members would like to know if threads relevant to certain topic has been discussed or exist, we suggest you to use search function or take the help of the DFI staff.

We hope that with these new measures in place, we will be able to have a more focused debate, discussion and analysis of various topics. We hope all members comply and use their own discretion voluntarily rather than DFI staff interfering.

Thanks for your attention and happy foruming.

Last edited:

A.V.

User titles and addons feature list

New Member 0 ...................... no links in posts no PM
Full Member 10 ...................... links in posts and signature + PM facility
Regular Member 100 ..................... invisible mode
Senior Member 300 ..................... additional PM and blog rights
Pro Member 500 ..................... higher reputation for every thanked post
Elite member 1000 .................... 2X higher reputation for thanked post
Premium Member 1500 ............ additional analysis and review rights
DFI Hall of Fame 2000 .................... eligible for DFI email id
Star member 2500 .................... Eligible for customized user title
DFI Legend 3500 .................... Full Wiki rights
Rank 1 General 5000 .................... eligible for DFI staff duties as section moderators
Rank 2 General 6000 ................... eligible for DFI staff application
Rank 3 General 7000 .................... eligible for DFI staff application
Rank 4 General 8000 .................... eligible for DFI staff application
Rank 5 General 9000 .................... eligible for DFI staff application
Field Marshall 10000 .................... default DFI staff

vijaytripoli

hey A.v, i don,t know what changes u have done but now i am not able to access DFI from my office. Websens S/w is blocking it now.
Its quite strange that i can Access PDF but Not DFI.
A.V your help is needed!
Chau

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Try this Vijaytripoli,

By: A.V
ibris use google chrome to get over the script problem instead of IE we will patch it up soon

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
hey A.v, i don,t know what changes u have done but now i am not able to access DFI from my office. Websens S/w is blocking it now.
A.V your help is needed!
Chau
because we are listed as a military/defence site where as the other site is perhaps not. You will have to add us to the exceptions.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
A.V your help is needed!
Chau
Can you please post the message you get while DFI is blocked by websens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles