If US block Apache attack helicopter which heavy helicopter is best for India.

If US block Apache attack helicopter which heavy attack helicopter is best for India.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mayfair

1. US PACOM just Renamed itself to Indo-Pacific Command. The Press releases specifically named defence relations with India as a key factor.
The Indo stands for Indian ocean NOT India. Big difference.

2. the New CO has ALREADY presented his case to Congress on the uniqueness of India's position and relations visavis India and Russia and that an exception to the rule (american policy) is the ONLY solution.
William Thornberry seems to be saying otherwise. Whom to believe.

3. We bought 15bn of hardware over the last decade from America. And with the MRCA, fresh orders for Chinooks, P-8s, C-17s, C-130s, M-177s, Apaches, etc etc etc who else is going buy this? We are fresh new market where almost 70% of inventory needs replacing.
Not America's problem is it? If we have paid for the wares, then they can block the sale and neither return the money nor goods. It happened with Shitistanis in the past and others.

rkhanna

Country flag
The Indo stands for Indian ocean NOT India. Big difference.

William Thornberry seems to be saying otherwise. Whom to believe.

Not America's problem is it? If we have paid for the wares, then they can block the sale and neither return the money nor goods. It happened with Shitistanis in the past and others.
While i "appreciate" the tone of your message you seem to have missed the forest for the trees of my post.

mayfair

While i "appreciate" the tone of your message you seem to have missed the forest for the trees of my post.
Not really. I fully understand the message you are trying to convey. What I am trying to say is that by all indications Trump and US SD are not.

Some in the American deep state are gambling on risking a long term alliance with India with a view that they can have India submit to them, wholly and completely- be it via EJ activities or the threat of economic sanctions of the above sort.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
Well this is why the US is never a trustworthy partner. They are a sanction happy country and think everyone should obey them.

Thornberry's interview pretty much lays down the thinking of the US.

Time to tell them that they can take their Drones and get lost.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rkhanna

Country flag
Not really. I fully understand the message you are trying to convey. What I am trying to say is that by all indications Trump and US SD are not.

Some in the American deep state are gambling on risking a long term alliance with India with a view that they can have India submit to them, wholly and completely- be it via EJ activities or the threat of economic sanctions of the above sort.
On the other hand. The United States has lost the Ukraine (and influence in Eastern Europe). They have lost the south china sea (And lowering influence in Asia - I see South Korea and Japan become more independent). They have lost clout in the ME - easily seen with Russia's push back in Syria, Cluster Fcuk with turkey and the Saudi lead war with Yemen.

Can they really afford giving the Indo-American alliance a still born death?

I agree with @AmoghaVarsha they can take their wares and get lost - I.e we dont need to be bullied because i am willing to bet they will bend. I don't think from a Geo-Political and Real Politic standpoint they have much of a choice.

mayfair

It's not just that. Trump sarkaar seems heel bent on alienating traditional US allies left, right and centre. The trade tariffs against Aluminium, steel, automobiles coming from Canada, Europe and Japan- the closest US allies is causing much consternation and responses are coming. If the loose cannon is not concerned about annoying long-standing US allies, I think it's safe to assume that annoying India is less of his worries.

The only one who appears to be benefiting is China.

binayak95

Country flag
This whole thread is hilarious. We are debating on the basis of a presumption. While in the real world, AH64E Guardian fuselages were delivered by Tata Boeing JV months ahead of schedule. Surreal is the word.

WARREN SS

Country flag
This whole thread is hilarious. We are debating on the basis of a presumption. While in the real world, AH64E Guardian fuselages were delivered by Tata Boeing JV months ahead of schedule. Surreal is the word.
Indians they never get out myopia of British

abingdonboy

Country flag
In case if America blocks Apache helicopter is do India need to procure improved MI 28N Night Hunter attack helicopter or EuroCopter Tiger attack helicopter.
There is exactly 0% chance of the US blocking such a sale to India.

If they were so stupid to do that India wouldn’t need an immediate replacement from abroad (certainly not Russian), the LCH will be there in 100s and in the long term HAL will deliver a heavier attack helo for sure.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Bhai if us have to block then ...they will block ge f404 and f414 engine sale to India .....which will hurt India .................I don't think us will block.....
Would be the best thing ever to happen to India’s aerospace industry don’t you worry.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Again don't confuse chit chat on the Democratic floor to any serious changes. The Plan B in this case would be more LCH.
I dare them to block such a sale to India, the last thing the US wants is to lose India as a “couter weight” to China.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Stop looking to foreigners to find solutions. What’s wrong with the LCH? any payload issues will be addressed with a subsequent heavier attack helicopter.

India is not porkistan
Its our policy to make less complex stuff on our own and then move to more complex stuff. We have reached up to 6 ton chopper. Our next target should be heavy chopper. However, If this is an urgent requirement, we have to buy it. So we have already ordered Apache but in case the deal fails, That can be the option. I say only that. I fully support indigenous stuff like you do.

Immanuel

Country flag
I dare them to block such a sale to India, the last thing the US wants is to lose India as a “couter weight” to China.
Indeed not happening, the linkages are far deeper than people understand.

Immanuel

Country flag
It's not just that. Trump sarkaar seems heel bent on alienating traditional US allies left, right and centre. The trade tariffs against Aluminium, steel, automobiles coming from Canada, Europe and Japan- the closest US allies is causing much consternation and responses are coming. If the loose cannon is not concerned about annoying long-standing US allies, I think it's safe to assume that annoying India is less of his worries.

The only one who appears to be benefiting is China.
That's because the previous gen of politicians sold the US out to exactly these countries, how does a country have trade defecits with every country they trade with? It's unsustainable on such a grand scale. These so called allies from EU, Japan, SOKO, many in the middle east still depend on the US for security and these folks play pretty funny when they want to renegotiate trade deals which usually means everybody agreeing on dropping tarrifs but EU won't budge so won't the others hence the proverbial intrusion in the ass. They won't be able to walk after another 6.5 years of Trump

These folks in the EU should get their heads out of their asses and reneg. In most cases EU and other stand to losse far more than the US and their economies just aren't as resilient to such shocks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles